Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should hold off on discussing that pic as being BL until it is verified. I am starting to have doubts it is him even though it looks like him.
And unfortunately lots of guys look like him, there may be lots of mistaken identity sightings. I thought that particular photo was debunked this morning though.

I agree. The posture of law enforcement seems to be based upon knowing he is in fact armed.

It's a super strange search effort for a guy who is allegedly not a suspect, nor do they plan to arrest. This looks a lot like that search effort for those escaped inmates in upstate New York several years ago.

These guys are heavily armed, and wearing body armor. There's probably a good reason for that.
Honestly, I think Brian and the parents made law enforcement look like idiots bc they told everyone the day prior that they new exactly where he was when obviously they didn’t. I think they also need to find him to save face that they aren’t incompetent even though technically he wasn’t yet a suspect and they technically shouldn’t have had to tail him yet at that point according to the law- the public feels much different

Exactly where I’m at too. He’s refused to respond to messages from her mom/family, even before she was reported missing and the case became public. He won’t give them anything. Not even a place to start looking. They are begging and he is literally torturing them with his silence. I can’t even imagine the pain they are in. This was someone he claimed to love?! But when things go wrong, the ONLY person Brian cares about is Brian, he’s protecting himself and who cares about what anyone else is going through.

He’s not a nice person who cares about others, regardless of what has or hasn’t happened to Gabby, just based on these actions alone. He is all for himself.
I don't see that. Based on things I've heard from GPs parents, (and yes, they have reasons), but they are confrontational. I assume BL doesn't get along with them. I've seen no evidence to say he's not a nice person. I have seen evidence that P and BL love each other.

I apologize if this has already been linked.

Rangers, FBI Search For Gabby Petito Out West While Florida Police Hunt For Fiancé | HuffPost

Josh Taylor, a spokesman for the North Port police, told reporters Saturday that about 50 police officers were searching through the wildlife preserve on foot and by car, with the help of dogs, through terrain that is wet and muddy. He said Laundrie’s life could be in danger, but he did not specify why or how.
Its my understanding there are gators in the wildlife preserve.
If he's in there (and I'm not so sure he is), he might by gobbled up by a gator.
Now, you would think think that a guy who is running scared would avoid tramping through a feeding ground and possibly ringing the dinner bell.
So, Brian runs from the safety of his parent's home, the protection of the fifth amendment and a lawyer to a place he well knows is populated with alligators.
I doubt Brian is in the preserve.
I think he met up there with someone (a relative?) who drove him far, far away.

Calm down please. (sigh) I was NOT saying that Gabby wanting to become a successful SM influencer was why BL harmed her. And I certainly never said anything remotely about van-life being a risky thing to do with a partner. You just wrote that out of nowhere. Posts are surging in this group, but I previously said that interviews with Rose Davis yesterday (GP's best friend) do show BL to be a very jealous and controlling person. But my singular point in my comment that you are specifically referencing was that just because your partner does not think your decision to quit your job and try to *begin* to become a self-monetizing social media influencer and YouTuber will be successful does not make that partner a mean unsupportive person.

I think Gabby's words on this to police were along the lines of "he doesn't think I can do it" which indicates not that BL thought it was a reckless or bad idea, but that she was not capable of doing it and being successful in the way that she was going to approach it, which is something we don't know. They both had a big online presence and sold things in onllne stores and Gabby obviously want to take it further and do even more exposure for herself - to what ends, we don't know. If you look at her instagram account, you can see she was trying to keep it light and attractive to everyone in the "influencer model" style. Lots of attractive pics of herself and vague, upbeat captions. (until the final ones, which didn't sound like her at all.) So maybe she wanted to expand that into her van life trip and I could see that in her modeling-style shots in front of the Monarch Wall. In any case, it was not something BL should have told her she would not succeed at, if he did that, because that probably meant to her very personally that she was not attractive enough to pull off that type of model-positivity-influencer life.
But we don't know. I did see the beginnings of them both tagging companies in their posts and they both did that so he was trying to do it too. -

But JMO The whole van life thing is foreign to me. I was unaware this was a thing people did and tried to monetize (outside of travel blogs, which is something a lot of people do). These two were just at the very beginning stages of trying to do that, so for him to tell her he didn't think it would succeed seems very cruel to me. They were just starting. I think what she found so upsetting was that he wasn't onboard with it as much as she hoped he'd be. But JMO!

We have very little real evidence that we've reviewed in this forum but there are two bits of evidence that claim GP was the aggressor. The cops report that accompianied the bodycam video and the report of Christopher on the 911 call to the police. They are linked in this forum multiple places

Is that not for the same incident? I believe the person was asking if there was any other things saying that's not the only time she was the aggressor.

No. Being on an insurance policy doesn't give someone permission to take a vehicle when they want.

ok but I didn't say "take a vehicle when they want".

It was clearly a shared vehicle at the time. Being on the insurance means you have been granted access to driving the vehicle.

I guess I'll do a bit of research to see how that really works.

Blah blah blah blah....Poor Brian....

Can we please refocus and remember....HE HAS REFUSED TO SAY ONE WORD TO POLICE or her parents.
All he has had to tell them is the last place he saw Gabby. He could have said this via his attorney or his parents.
He could have said JUST THAT when FIRST asked and left it at THAT if everything was on the up and up and completely INNOCENT.

But he did not. So the spotlight is on HIM and it is 100% HIS FAULT.

So, I really have zero sympathy for him and his plant and tree and art obsession.
I dont care if anyone knows him, feels his energy or blah blah blah.

THIS IS ALL HIS FAULT.

And unfortunately lots of guys look like him, there may be lots of mistaken identity sightings. I thought that particular photo was debunked this morning though.
Agree. Literally every twenty-something guy shaves his head bald and grows a mustache and beard these days. LOL. Very little chance a bystander would be able to identify him without stopping and chatting with him after having watched the police cam video.

The who-owns-the-van discussion might be relevant insofar as it might be something to charge BL with, should it come to that -- something, anything, to get him booked. Remember, Al Capone did some heinous things but what he ultimately got tagged for was tax evasion.

Honestly at this point, I am not convinced he was ever in North Point recently. I don't believe this family one bit.
I hadn’t thought about that - that he’d never been there/was already in hiding. The fact his parents were already prepared to hand LE a scripted statement invoking his silence and that his parents were not returning or answering phone calls from GP’s parents even before she was reported missing also adds to your premise that he already ghosted himself IMO.

I keep hearing about BL flying home and then returning to their campsite. I looked for it in past posts but don’t know what’s all about. Can anyone shine some light on this?

Also where did BL get close to $10,000? How do we know about it?

TYI

I think people are getting confused thinking about missing children cases. You can't just leave your child in a hotel room. You'd face criminal charges for child abandonment, abuse, neglect, etc.

But you can just leave your partner. You can just leave your girlfriend on the side of the road and that's it. It's not a nice or kind or generous thing to do but it's not a crime. You have no obligation to care for a girlfriend or boyfriend. As long as you don't intentionally place them in danger or cause them harm, you can just leave and that's it. No liability. And his lawyer would have explained this to him.

Exactly. If *all* he did was creepy boyfriend/human stuff, own it, state it , and move on to giving relevant details about where she was left, etc.

I don't know that this lawyer is explaining anything to him other than ABSOLUTE SILENCE at all times.

we have about an hour left of daylight here in the eastern US for the dude that’s hiding in Florida and I’m guessing about 2, maybe 3 if lucky out west where they are searching for GP.
Definitely not an hour of daylight in this time zone- 20 minutes maybe. I’d be calling my kids in from outside if they were playing out there, it’s getting dark.

The thing about this case I keep going back to is BL and his desire to be “nature” guy-for lack of a better term. The hiking without shoes is a big thing to me. I mean the ground in some of those parks is sooo hot in summer. It’s unnecessary suffering. I could see someone who feels like that’s important pushing a partner to expose themself to those things. I don’t feel she was on the same mental journey at all. She strikes me as more creative and wanting to see beauty. He strikes me more as one trying to commune with nature and toughen and “prove” himself. I am by no means saying I don’t see this ending badly but I have some reservations about how things got to that point. I think there are so many very strange possibilities when dealing with a couple like this. IMO MOO

I don't see that. Based on things I've heard from GPs parents, (and yes, they have reasons), but they are confrontational. I assume BL doesn't get along with them. I've seen no evidence to say he's not a nice person. I have seen evidence that P and BL love each other.
I've seen plenty of evidence to say he's "not a nice person."

Nice people don't leave their loved ones thousands of miles away.

Nice people don't refuse to respond to text messages of desperate family members, just looking for their missing daughter.

Nice people don't refuse to report their loved one missing.

Nice people tell law enforcement where and when they last saw their missing loved one, so they can be located.

Nice people don't run off and hide like cowards.

Nice people don't put anguished parents though this.

I apologize, I missed a lot this morning on here and try to trust what I read here, it kept getting posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa