Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do not know that to be true. I do not see why BL coming home alone with the van was much different from BL flying home alone the week prior. He simply could have told them that she was staying in WY with her friend for her birthday, which had been a well established plan before. GP's mother said it was not until possibly NINE days after the 8/30 text that she started getting concerned. “I believed she was in a place with no service,” Schmidt said. “It was day eight, nine that I really became concerned and I figured she couldn’t be off the grid for that long.”‘We just want her home’: Woman from Long Island goes missing on road trip with boyfriend | PIX11

I haven't heard anything about the relationship between GP and BLs parents prior to this incident. I have been married for 17 and I have Inlaws who never pick up the phone when I call there and then call my husband and ask why I might be calling. I do not think it is a stretch for them to start pressuring their kid about why GP's family is calling. I do not believe they constitutionally did anything wrong to hire an attorney. I work in the legal field. That is exactly what I would tell my family. The only way this story starts changing is if they think he is guilty of something. From the day she is reported missing to the day BL is reported to have left for the preserve is three days. I do not think it is a stretch for an attorney to tell their client who is professing their innocence to not talk to the police.

The country is vilifying this family for the hideous acts their son likely made. I am certain if he had a criminal record we would have heard about it already. I know conspiracy theories a fun to entertain but if you just break it down there are less dramatic scenarios that make make more sense. I always try to look at it from the point of view of a juror. And is there a plausible explanation. For BL I sadly do not see one. However, for his parents to not dragged their child to the police station and reported information that they did not have, against legal counsel's advice, there is. MOO
They're not being vilified, they're being held accountable for both their actions and their refusal to act-or speak.

Without knowing all the facts, it is a stretch to say the parents are complicit in anything. It's an emotional time for many thst have invested hours towards this case. We should allow facts drive our posts and not emotions. Loaning our child a car eventually used in armed robbery doesn't make us complicit to the crime. Jmo
Loaning a child a vehicle knowing the vehicle owned by the victim of the armed robbery is parked in your driveway does implicate you in the armed robbery.

jmo

Is there a reference posted somewhere of the acronyms used on the forums? I looked but couldn't find anything.

Definitely there is a discrepancy there. It seems most people are choosing to believe one MSM over another (as ABC7 says the car was picked up from the reserve on Thursday).

Brian Entin has video from Tuesday night with no Mustang.
When he came back on Wednesday, he took video showing the Mustang.

It isn't like the movies. Getting a fake passport is extremely expensive and difficult. Brian was unemployed and his parents live in a <modsnip> house. Unless one of them has criminal connections, I doubt this angle very much. If he left the country it is illegally by boat IMO

It is one thing to try to flee in a mad dash out of the US... It is another thing to survive, long term, somewhere else. undetected without friends or resources... does BL speak Spanish? Reportedly (?) has some mechanical abilities; good at driving... cannot work legally; if his parents send him money, it would need to be by some secret devious untraceable (unreliable?) method... IMO,all of this is impractical.

BL came home and told his parents they broke up and Gabby went off with someone else. He is not himself and his parents assume he’s heartbroken and upset about the breakup. His parents feel Gabby is enemy #1 for breaking up with their child and running off with someone else. They proceed with “normal” family activities (biking, chores around the house, etc.) to keep their son busy and keep his mind off the devastating breakup.

Then Gabby’s parents start contacting BL’s parents and BL’s parents don’t want to get involved because it’s not their relationship - it’s BL & Gabby’s relationship and they are adults (plus they are still upset with Gabby for breaking their son’s heart and have no desire to speak with her parents). Then reports that Gabby is REALLY missing surface and they think Gabby has run into trouble after she left BL. But they are concerned that things look bad for their son (and maybe they even start to have suspicions), so they contact a lawyer who tells them to speak to anyone.
He had her van.

Guys if the family doesn’t report him missing until Friday- why does the sister give an interview on Thursday saying she wishes she could talk to him? Presumably, if he’s just out on a hike(and not on the lam) why wouldn’t the sister be able to talk to him?

I think that if he is guilty (I think he is fwiw), the family is trying to lessen the amount of people who can talk about it to others & also to maintain plausible deniability.

Really? Well, I think you'd have to be a monster to kill someone, leave their body in the desert, drive home, and then runaway from the police.
You don't know that he did. Keep an open mind until we get results.

I had thought this too. Seeing pics of that creek area where the van was pulled over. If they had gotten out to explore and then what you said happened. Tons of rocks there! But then why do you think was the van in that weird spot for three days?
Just speculation..but BL may have been out creating an alibi and figured he would go back and report Gabby murdered and that he left her at the van and doesn't know what happened. But then again, Brian is impulsive and may have called his parents, waited for a money wire transfer, and decided to go on the run.

Gabby Petito confirmed dead of homicide as search for fiance continues

North Port police said Tuesday morning that investigators have returned to the reserve to look for Laundrie. Investigators searched the 24,000-acre (9,700-hectare) reserve over the weekend without success. Authorities are using helicopters, drones, dogs and officers in all-terrain vehicles in their search for Laundrie. About 75% of the search area is underwater.

We do not know that to be true. I do not see why BL coming home alone with the van was much different from BL flying home alone the week prior. He simply could have told them that she was staying in WY with her friend for her birthday, which had been a well established plan before. GP's mother said it was not until possibly NINE days after the 8/30 text that she started getting concerned. “I believed she was in a place with no service,” Schmidt said. “It was day eight, nine that I really became concerned and I figured she couldn’t be off the grid for that long.”‘We just want her home’: Woman from Long Island goes missing on road trip with boyfriend | PIX11

I haven't heard anything about the relationship between GP and BLs parents prior to this incident. I have been married for 17 and I have Inlaws who never pick up the phone when I call there and then call my husband and ask why I might be calling. I do not think it is a stretch for them to start pressuring their kid about why GP's family is calling. I do not believe they constitutionally did anything wrong to hire an attorney. I work in the legal field. That is exactly what I would tell my family. The only way this story starts changing is if they think he is guilty of something. From the day she is reported missing to the day BL is reported to have left for the preserve is three days. I do not think it is a stretch for an attorney to tell their client who is professing their innocence to not talk to the police.

The country is vilifying this family for the hideous acts their son likely made. I am certain if he had a criminal record we would have heard about it already. I know conspiracy theories a fun to entertain but if you just break it down there are less dramatic scenarios that make make more sense. I always try to look at it from the point of view of a juror. And is there a plausible explanation. For BL I sadly do not see one. However, for his parents to not dragged their child to the police station and reported information that they did not have, against legal counsel's advice, there is. MOO

He left the house on Tuesday but they didn't report him missing until Friday. During that time, LE made repeated public statements that they knew where he was (at the home). The parents failed to correct the record and tell LE that BL left. That can be considered lying by omission. I think that's dangerously close to aiding and abetting since you are permitting a fugitive to leave the area.

Could he have manipulated his parents and told them nothing? Sure, but then I don't see why they needed to keep invoking their attorney. If you don't have any information, you don't have any information. Refusing to even consider the questions asked by LE is strange to me unless you do have information and you are concerned about making a false statement to LE.

I fault NPPD for not insisting on seeing BL face to face on Tuesday and/or sitting a uniformed car outside of the house 24/7 to track his movements. They wouldn't need these searches if they kept an eye on him.

They got in a fight, broke up, maybe that she flew back home to NY. Calls start coming in looking for her, van gets picked up, and he swears he has no clue what happened after he left, so parents contact lawyer and are told don't say a word until more information is given.
What? She didn’t fly back home to NY.

I don't post often but this one just really bothers me more than any have in a while. I keep seeing Gabby in the video where she is so upset and crying. It's so sad, how could someone hurt her? She was just a kid and had her whole life ahead of her.

Terrible, tragic situation for all involved. Prayers for her family and friends.

IMO
This one really gets me too. It breaks my heart that she likely died thinking it was her fault. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993