Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going so fast, someone may have already said this...but I can't shake the feeling that the event that killed Gabby was a repeat of 8/12.

There was an altercation. He probably hit her again. He pushed and pushed until she reacted and when he "just went to push her away" he pushed too hard, she fell, hit her head and died.

Then he freaked the eff out and got out of there as soon as possible to get home as soon as possible.

I agree that he's probably not been hiding out in a FL nature preserve. I am wondering if he's someplace around his old home town on Long Island, staying with an aunt, uncle, cousin, or grandparent's house. I don't know if he still has extended family up there, but if I were in LE, that's one place I'd be looking.

My thoughts exactly. Those fleeing or in hiding tend to go to ground in places they have SOME affiliation or familiarity with.

I also thought he might have headed to NY. Let's hope LE are on the ball and have people checking his relative's homes up in Long Island.

MOO

Yes, this exactly. I've been trying to get an answer to this question. How did the parents know about the note on the Mustang when it was parked at the swamp?
The parents said they went to the reserve knowing that is where Brian would go and saw the note on the Mustang. They left it there overnight and went to pick it up the next day so it wouldn't get towed. Now the thing is, they say Brian left on Tuesday, they went to the reserve on Wednesday and picked the car up on Thursday and brought it home. However the local news station was outside the home and their video shows the car wasn't there on Tuesday but was back there early Wednesday morning. Someone is lying.

The “note” was a tow notification for parking there overnight. I guess the locals there know you get one if the car is there for 24hours. Since BL did not come home the next morning the parents may have assumed he was still “camping” out there and didn’t want the car towed so they drove out to the parking lots and found it, brought it home. Doesn’t seem odd to me as this is a norm for communities that have these kinds of parks and most parents keep a set of keys to their kids cars for emergencies. BL’s parents knew he went there to go hiking the day before they picked up the car.
I heard a reporter say when they towed off the car that it was his mother's car. I thought that was strange, but could have just been a mis-statement.

I responded upthread, but YouTube will only send it to the address on file. And that address is likely her last registered address in Florida (which according to LE is Brian's parent's house).

even if YT overlooked that the 'about' section does list 'Joined Nov 28, 2013'

The condition of the body is unknown, but they can easily discern obvious signs of trauma (fatal blows to the head, broken neck, etc). Toxicology and blood testing will likely be delayed because that can take a while - but those can certainly hold other clues that reveal more details about the death.
Thank you for confirming, what I had hoped was not true

Yes, this exactly. I've been trying to get an answer to this question. How did the parents know about the note on the Mustang when it was parked at the swamp?

@RickshawFan , iirc, they reported him missing to some LE, but not the local PD, on Tuesday. They were concerned when he did not come home, so they went to the preseve. They left his car there because they wanted him to be able to get home. But apparently, overnight parking is not allowed. So they returned the next day to retrieve his car, after being notified by the local PD (who say they did not have a missing person report at the time) that it was parked overnight illegally. Presumably, the note is a citation of some sort.

The matter is contentious with regard to the date of the missing person report(s) and the car being missing from the driveway. I hope this helps.

JB is nuts. If they find him, they're going to detain him. There is 0% chance they would let him walk home after all of this.

Usually the state has 48-72 hours to file charges after detaining somebody. There is already a lot of known circumstantial evidence in this case and the public knows barely anything.

I think the PD/FBI have been taking a very clear approach of “let’s not scare him away” so that they can indeed detain him. That’s why the messaging has been that they would bring him home—I am sure they have asked the media to help them lift up that messaging.

I agree, I think you're right. It still annoys me to hear it though. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member