Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
They never shared the return view where the van would appear on the passenger side. They only showed an alternate view of the same clip where the camera is facing the driver/Mr. Bethune and you can see the Transit as they pass. This BOTHERS ME.
They may not have been recording the return pass. IIRC They said in their Live that they only recorded the first pass by accident.
That video is on the Red White & Bethune YouTube page.

They never shared the return view where the van would appear on the passenger side. They only showed an alternate view of the same clip where the camera is facing the driver/Mr. Bethune and you can see the Transit as they pass. This BOTHERS ME.

I believe they stated they were talking to the camera for their vlog before entering the campsite and accidentally kept it rolling. They realized it shortly after and turned the camera off by the time they passed it again.

Does anyone familiar with that area know how much the water level in the creek fluctuates or if it rained in the weeks before the 26th?
I'm wondering if the body was actually placed in the water and by the time it was found the water level had gone down.

It's a very very dry area this time of year. I don't think there's been much rain at all recently. Average rainfall is 1.1 inches in the Yellowstone area in August for the ENTIRE month.

So I don't think it's likely that the water was higher and she was placed in it. The depth of that water is very shallow. When the SAR horses were walking through it just barely covered their entire hooves.

They only had a camera recording for one of the times they passed the vehicle. On that pass, the van was on their left. Not sure why that would be weird.
I guess they turned their camera off when they turned around to leave since they didn't find a spot to video going in.

No, they showed the van twice? For the second pass, the van appears to be on the other side.

They state in the original that they only passed once as there were no places in that dispersed campsite for them to camp. Then never passed the van again.

Brian Laundrie was controlling, had 'episodes': Gabby Petito pal by no means am i feeling to sorry for the boyfriend, but he had some kind of mental illness . I wonder if he has ever been treated? We need to tell our girl about red flags and how it's not ok, and tell our boys how it's not ok! And for hell sakes , tell someone when you yourself is not ok or you know someone that is not ok. Moo

https://twitter.com/8newsnow/status/1440736432050425857?s=21

TRIBUTE TO GABBY: Residents of Gabby Petito's hometown are mourning her death and paying tribute with teal-colored ribbons.#8NN

BLUE POINT, N.Y. (NewsNation Now) — Residents of the small Long Island hamlet of Blue Point lit candles Tuesday in front of their homes to remember 22-year-old Gabby Petito after her body was discovered in Wyoming.

Blue Point is a very quiet, small community — the kind of place where people keep to themselves and look out for each other.

There are ribbons all over town. The color — teal — was chosen by Gabby’s mother, Nichole. She said it reminds her of her daughter’s eyes.

Gabby Petito case: Timeline of road trip with boyfriend, tragic end
‘She was a beautiful girl, but beyond the outside beauty. She was always happy … she was a lot of fun. Always had a smile on her face. Happy-go-lucky, just a really bright spirit,” family friend Jennifer McNamara said.

Friends and neighbors are throwing their support behind Gabby’s family, letting them know they aren’t facing her tragic death alone. The town bought out the local ribbon supplier of 400 teal ribbons and then ordered 400 more. They expect to run out of those, as well.

https://w3.mp.lura.live/player/prod...jcyIiwid2lkdGgiOjY0MCwiaGVpZ2h0IjozNjB9#amp=1

I get the distinct impression that they know he's there. If he's there, then it's an absolutely miserable place to hide out (mosquitos, heat, humidity, alligators, lack of food by now).

I honestly think i’d choose jail over life in an alligator and mosquito infested swamp with no food, medication, supplies or company.
Neither is really freedom, but at least in prison you can get a book and a cup of tea!

I believe they stated they were talking to the camera for their vlog before entering the campsite and accidentally kept it rolling. They realized it shortly after and turned the camera off by the time they passed it again.
Thanks.

Ahh I get it now. Thank you! All others as well.

Does anyone familiar with that area know how much the water level in the creek fluctuates or if it rained in the weeks before the 26th?

I'm wondering if the body was actually placed in the water and by the time it was found the water level had gone down.
No preciptation is noted on weather data from the 26-30th in Grand Teton National Park fwiw. 21st-23rd indicate rain, most days light, but not all of them.

No, they showed the van twice? For the second pass, the van appears to be on the other side.
I think I understand what you're saying. There's 2 camera views, a front-facing camera (looking out ahead at the road), & a rear-facing camera (pointed into the van). So I think you might have thought the rear-facing camera (the one looking inside the van, where the dad is driving) is a view on the way back--which would then make it look like BL/GP van was on the other side. The family reported they don't have footage of their way back. Both views are on the way in. I hope this helps!

Ahh I get it now. Thank you! All others as well.

I just looked at the Red, White and Bethune video again. Something always seemed strange and I finally know what. Why is the van visible on the return drive outside of the driver's window, shouldn't it appear on the passenger side instead? Or did it get moved?

When you watch the full video, he explains that he has two cameras - one facing the road and one facing him while he is driving - because their viewers seem to enjoy that setup. He realized at some point when they turned around at the end of the camp ground and no spots were found back there, that he was recording and turned the cameras off. So you're seeing only one direction of driving (them entering the camp ground), but two different camera views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa