Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

New Search Conducted for Clues Into Michael Chambers Missing Person Case

A new sheriff in Hunt County is breathing new life into one of the most mysterious missing person cases in North Texas.

The last update came in 2018 when the sheriff at the time shared his belief that Chambers may have jumped off a bridge over Lake Tawakani.

"I really feel like he, he jumped in there his self and committed suicide," Sheriff Meeks told NBC 5’s media partner KRLD.

Floyd and her family rejected the idea Chambers killed himself, then and now.

“Absolutely not. Not one tiny bit of me would believe that that was the truth,” Floyd said.

She hired a private investigator who reportedly gave information to the new Hunt County Sheriff Terry Jones which led to a search last weekend.

“That was a big effort and it was so appreciated,” Floyd said.

he Hunt County Sheriff's Office says 78 members of law enforcement and vetted volunteers searched for evidence Saturday on 420 acres of dense woods, open pastures and creek beds. The search involved the use of k9’s, all-terrain vehicles, a drone, riders on horseback and individuals on foot, the sheriff’s office stated in a press release.

Floyd says its given her new hope her family may one day get answers.

“You hope for an outcome, you hope for answers, you hope for closure, but it’s not going to be a happy fairy tale ending where I have my dad back,” she said.

New Search Conducted for Clues Into Michael Chambers Missing Person Case

A new sheriff in Hunt County is breathing new life into one of the most mysterious missing person cases in North Texas.

The last update came in 2018 when the sheriff at the time shared his belief that Chambers may have jumped off a bridge over Lake Tawakani.

"I really feel like he, he jumped in there his self and committed suicide," Sheriff Meeks told NBC 5’s media partner KRLD.

Floyd and her family rejected the idea Chambers killed himself, then and now.

“Absolutely not. Not one tiny bit of me would believe that that was the truth,” Floyd said.

She hired a private investigator who reportedly gave information to the new Hunt County Sheriff Terry Jones which led to a search last weekend.

“That was a big effort and it was so appreciated,” Floyd said.

he Hunt County Sheriff's Office says 78 members of law enforcement and vetted volunteers searched for evidence Saturday on 420 acres of dense woods, open pastures and creek beds. The search involved the use of k9’s, all-terrain vehicles, a drone, riders on horseback and individuals on foot, the sheriff’s office stated in a press release.

Floyd says its given her new hope her family may one day get answers.

“You hope for an outcome, you hope for answers, you hope for closure, but it’s not going to be a happy fairy tale ending where I have my dad back,” she said.
Thank GOODNESS

Someday, Michael Chambers will return to his family. I wish with all my might that it will be soon. This case is never far from my mind.
I agree. I think about it often. Did you listen to the Gone Cold Podcast? A lot of shots taken against Philip Klein and his theory of what happened. Some interesting stuff in it though. This case is just so complicated and but for the early mistakes of law enforcement, we'd probably know a lot more about what happened to Mike Chambers.

I agree. I think about it often. Did you listen to the Gone Cold Podcast? A lot of shots taken against Philip Klein and his theory of what happened. Some interesting stuff in it though. This case is just so complicated and but for the early mistakes of law enforcement, we'd probably know a lot more about what happened to Mike Chambers.
I have not, but thanks for the recommendation. I just found it and will listen.
I have my own opinion of Klein and Co..This was supposed to be all wrapped up in 30 days. I’m following three cases he’s involved in that still have no resolution. Shrug.
I think I’ll spend my morning in my beautiful yard in my hammock listening to the Gone Cold episodes.

I’ve said this from the beginning, and I know it’s risky, but if he were my missing father I’d have gotten BC alone in a cabin YEARS AGO, and made her talk. MOO. I’m not suggesting anyone involved break the law, just saying how my family would’ve handled it since HCSO is obviously corrupt and useless. We are a tight family and I cannot imagine this kind of nonsense stretching out for years with the ‘authorities’ simply shrugging their shoulders, ruling a ridiculous suicide by bicycle theory, and ditching any real police work. IMO, MOO, YMMV.
Bring Michael Chambers Home!!!

What Improves the Chances of Solving a Murder?. An interesting NY Times story on what it takes to solve a murder. I think that the same principle probably applies for missing persons cases, which, of course, might lead to a murder case. From the article: "One key to solving a murder is straightforward: devoting more hours to it, which usually involves more investigators."

I'm hoping that with new seasons of TV shows (48 Hours, Dateline, etc.) starting this time of year that one or more will devote time to this case. We need pressure, pressure, pressure and attention, attention, attention on this case!! It seems like there is so much fodder for these TV shows; I am not sure why they haven't jumped on it yet (other than "Disappeared"). It's been 4+ years since this man went missing. We need justice and people need to be held accountable!

Hunt County Sheriff updates searches for Michael Chambers, Roszan Payne
“The Hunt County Sheriff's Office has released a statement this afternoon, concerning searches which have been conducted during the past week in two missing persons cases.

One of the searches focused on Michael Chambers, who was reported missing from Quinlan in March 2017 and the other search involved Roszan Payne of Royse City, who disappeared in 1994.

The statement reads as follows:

[SBM]

On Monday, Oct. 18, 2021, the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office Investigators coordinated with the Grand Prairie Fire Department Dive Team and the family of Michael Chambers to conduct a search at Fannin Creek in the area of FM 2947 and County Road 3516. This search was a follow-up on a search that was done last May in reference to the disappearance of Michael Glenn Chambers. Mr. Chambers disappeared in March of 2017, he was last seen on surveillance cameras at the Walmart on Hwy 34 in Quinlan. The search on Monday failed to turn up any information or evidence that Mr. Chambers was in the area.

[SBM]

Both of these cases are still open and the investigations continue. Sheriff Terry Jones said ‘these cases along with the other unsolved cases in Hunt County are not just considered missing persons, we are looking at every aspect of these cases and not ruling out anything that may have happened to these individuals.’

[SBM]” (BBM)

Hunt County Sheriff updates searches for Michael Chambers, Roszan Payne

The crematory has always been a thought of mine. Just don't see anyway of there being any way to link it. Cell phone dump maybe. Hopeful someday there will be answer's for loved ones and justice served to all those involved.

Another search in Hunt County for missing Michael Chambers

I don't live anywhere near Hunt County or Texas but it sure sounds like the new sheriff in Hunt County is doing everything he can to get to the bottom of the Michael Chambers case! Let's hope that sometime soon, a tip helps solve this case and the family can get closure. Let's bring this man home and get to the bottom of this!

Another search in Hunt County for missing Michael Chambers

I don't live anywhere near Hunt County or Texas but it sure sounds like the new sheriff in Hunt County is doing everything he can to get to the bottom of the Michael Chambers case! Let's hope that sometime soon, a tip helps solve this case and the family can get closure. Let's bring this man home and get to the bottom of this!
Wow! 2nd search in a month's time (Oct '21 and again in Nov. '21). I'd love to know
more about the tipster (s) and or what they know!
Am glad to see that the case is still active and leads being followed up on.

Eight years of Dateline's Missing in America: 169 still missing

michael_chambers.png

Michael Chambers was a 36-year veteran of the Dallas Fire Department before retiring in 2008. The 70-year-old husband, father and grandfather was the last person one would think could disappear, but Michael has now been missing for more than four years. Michael was last seen the morning of March 10, 2017. His wife told police she last spoke with him around 8 a.m. and several hours later, around 11 a.m., security video captured Michael walking out of the Walmart in Quinlan, Texas. He had bought some makeup there that his wife says she’d ask him to pick up for her. Investigators found several drops of blood in a shed on the family property after his wife reported Michael missing. Although there was no obvious sign of a struggle, authorities have characterized Michael’s disappearance as suspicious in nature. His truck keys and wallet were found in the home. His cell phone is missing. If you have any information regarding Michael’s case, please call the Hunt County Sheriff’s Office at (903) 453-6800.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back