WA WA - Misty Copsey, 14, Tacoma, 17 Sept 1992

I found a Doe found in 2004. She was found in Roy, WA which is approx. 30 minutes away from Puyallup. Her estimated year of death is 1983-2003.

Now I know she is estimated to be Asian, but bear with me. Since the remains were skeletal I take estimated race with a grain of salt. Especially with recent identified Doe's originally believed to be of different race. Randi Booth-Wilson was believed to be Caucasian and was actually Black. Michael Rogers, also Black, was thought to be Asian, and Bobby Whitt who was biracial(Asian/Caucasian) was thought to be Hispanic.

1552UFWA - Unidentified Female
No_Image_Available_female.jpg
CASE%20NUMBER.jpg
Date of Discovery: April 5, 2004
Location of Discovery: Roy, Washington
Estimated Date of Death: 1983-2003
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 13-30 years old
Race: Asian
Sex: Female
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
Partial human skull found in wooded area owned by a timber company.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Pierce County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Lynelle Anderson
Agency Phone Number: (253) 798-7530
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: 04-096-0830

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 5671
Former Hot Case Number: n/a

Information Source(s)
NamUs
1552UFWA
I was going to say it is unlikely, but after reading the notes, it says it was only a partial skull. I would think that would make the identification of race more difficult, but that's JMO. Might be worth submitting!

Does anyone know if there were any digs or further investigations done on Schmidt's grandmother's farm in Buckley or Enumclaw (sources differ on which town it's in)? I'm pretty sure I've asked this before but I guess I'll ask again. Everything I've seen has indicated that there were no searches done on the Buckley farm. It seems like it would be obvious to conduct a search there, for obvious reasons, but nothing I've read says that there was one.

I think Rheuban was telling the truth when he allegedly told the witness that Misty was buried on his grandmother's farm, that he "blacked out and woke up on". Making up a false murder confession is the polar opposite of what one would do to "get people off their back" when they're a person of interest in a missing person investigation. Nope.

My theory is this:
Misty called Rheuban to ask for a ride, and he said yes and went to pick her up (corroborated by the roommate saying he left after the phone call on 9/17). On the way to her home, he made a sexual advance, which she refused. As the drive progressed, he got more and more sexually aggressive. Eventually, he parked his car near the ditch on State Highway 410 where her clothing was found (not hard to get on an empty rural road in that area, especially at night) and began raping her, but first removed her underwear and pants, probably kicking them under the seat of his car (hence the lack of semen). When she fought back during the rape, he killed her, most likely by manual strangulation. I don't believe the murder was premeditated, and I don't think he used a weapon. After Misty died, he threw her jeans, underwear and the one sock out the door, and then drove the 6 miles to his grandmother's farm, where he buried her body.

No. LE already knows who was responsible for Misty's disappearance. The only reason why he hasn't been charged is that they haven't been able to find Misty's body.

Are you talking about Rheuban or someone else?

No. LE already knows who was responsible for Misty's disappearance. The only reason why he hasn't been charged is that they haven't been able to find Misty's body.

rheuban? After all these years I don’t see how they couldn’t have found least something to charge him with to get him to speak up

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — Puyallup police need the public’s help in the search for Misty Copsey who went missing nearly 30 years ago.

The hosts of the Murder in the Rain podcast shared details for this week’s case.

On Sept. 17, 1992, 14-year-old Misty Copsey attended the Puyallup fair in Washington state. After enjoying the fair with a friend, Copsey left to catch the 8:40 p.m. bus home. Unfortunately, she missed that bus which was the last scheduled for the night and was never seen again.

Puyallup police seek public's help in missing case of Misty Copsey

Nov 9, 2023 article

[…]

"In the early days of the case, Misty was labeled a runaway and she was not," he said. "Unfortunately, after speaking with two young girls from Spanaway Junior High where Misty attended and girls whom she was not friends with, I'd like to add, they continued to label her a runaway. And they pulled her off of the missing persons list."

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back