Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO

Here’s one problem with elaborate ODDI stories. (Other Dude Did It.) Although BL has a right to not testify in court, his lawyer will not be under oath, and cannot testify for him. Therefore, if he doesn’t speak, the jury has no reason to believe the story. And if he does speak, he will, in my opinion, get torn apart by the prosecutor. (In a manner of speaking, of course.)

MOO

Right, because this time he won't be in control.

Whoops. Can tell I'm new. Here's my post but with a link to the article:

Another Woman Claims She Had Strange Encounter with Hitchhiking Brian Laundrie: Report

Norma Jean mentions that Brian picked up her bible when it slid off the dashboard... Could LE/FBI have been able to dust the book for his prints to corroborate her story? Or is "dusting for fingerprints" not as easy as Hollywood makes it seem (I'm guessing that's the case)?

getting his DNA off of it is better idea if you want proof he touched it.

So many "if's". I hope at some point the not redacted bodycam footage is released between GP and the female senior park ranger.
She spent a lot of time with GP alone at the stop and based on what the ranger indicated she offered GP as advice in regards to it appearing to be a toxic relationship, I doubt GP shook that off.

If the situation at the restaurant between BL, the staff and GP took place as stated this may have brought that conversation to the front of her mind and she was acting on it putting BL over the top.

I'm glad Dog is inserting himself. He knows people and methods LE can't use to find someone. If the Gambino's or any other NY/Long Island family want to exercise the network fine by me as well.

I laughed about BL's friends talking about his weeks on the AT with a pack of Ritz crackers. Kid is all hat and no cattle as an outdoorsman. As someone who has lived in terrible conditions outdoors in many scenarios I don't believe it for a minute. He is holed up in a ranch house or a boat cabin. Asking for info in FL for anyone who has been delivering food to a location for a couple weeks where the person has never been seen would take them a ways I think.

All the above is pure speculation from an old f@rt who has taken a keen interest in seeing BL brought in.
Love the “All hat and no cattle”…….it paints a picture. LOL.
I seriously want him found too, but this weekend I’ll settle for GB being found. So many missing people remain missing and her family is focusing on her life with many memorials.

Would be interesting to see his pack from when he was allegedly living for an extended period of time on the trail.

I won't pretend to find it but someone back somewhere posted a pic from something social media related with him and his gear hanging on a wall. I assume it was his main kit because of how it was proudly hung out on a wall. It was generic and not lightweight or hardcore. Weekender.

In my area, every incoming call, stop, visit, etc is labelled an "Incident". Then it's further characterized from there.
Yes, in police talk, but when this 'incident' with her father was reported, way back in the beginning, people (myself included) thought that the had been to the house, saw the van and demanded that they tell him where she was.

I think her not telling LE that Brian slapped her and hit her repeatedly is evidence that she covered for him.
And I still firmly believe that NOTHING those LE officers could have done legally that day would have broken them up and sent them their separate ways. Either one arrested (Him based on the 911 call, her based on corroborating interviews on the scene where BOTH of them said she was hitting him), the other would have filed the paperwork the next day to waive the no contact order and they would have gone on their way. The bottom line is that no matter how we evaluate it, the outcome will not be different. Whatever happened, ~2 weeks later, Gabby died. We may learn the circumstances, or we may never know. I wish the focus was more on what we DO know, and evaluating what we DO instead of a broken record of what we don't know, and making up our own theories filling in those blanks.

PERHAPS it is an opportunity for those officers and many others to learn more about those narcissistic relationships and how to identify them. But, being a narcissist is not against the law. And it is REALLY DIFFICULT to convince people in the throws of relationships with them to see the problems.

Not an expert, but 1 refers to counterfeit access devices and 2 refers to unauthorized access devices. An access device is defined in the statute to include a bank card. So the card was real and his use of it was unauthorized.

18 U.S. Code § 1029 - Fraud and related activity in connection with access devices

eta: it was a clerical mistake and was corrected from 1 to 2. There's a link about it upthread
After reading that, I'm thinking the charges don't just involve a credit card, but may also related to fraudulently using GP's cell phone? That would cover the Aug 30 cell call regarding Yosemite?

About the “incident” on the 10th, etc.

I unfortunately have some experience trying to file a missing person’s report. The person in question lived a little over an hour away and even though I had eyes on the ground there and knew for a fact hat he wasn’t in his home (someone else had the only set of keys), when I called the police they told me that I had to come in person to file the report and I couldn’t do it over the phone. For complicated reasons it wasn’t possible for me to go. I guess different precincts have different rules about that, but that’s what I ran into.

Anyway, I assume that’s what happened when Gabby’s dad tried to file the report since he was in Vero Beach and not in North Port. What you can do over the phone is call in a wellness check, which will send the cops over but they don’t have to give you any update about it. I imagine that the police “incidents” on the 10th were because of Gabby’s dad’s attempts at filing the report, which resulted in wellness checks. And then the next day her mom was able to file the official report from NY (thank goodness they didn’t make her go to Wyoming).

My missing person, btw, resurfaced a couple of days later in the icu at a hospital I never expected him to be at (I’d checked others already).

Wouldn't be surprised if LE has non-public trail cam evidence to support their persistent searches and resource expenditures. Probably also peppered the area with additional sensors and cams. I'm guessing they have whatever video evidence neighbors have. I would hope that if any neighbors have anything at all, video, observsations or otherwise, let's hope they speak up right away and not wait until a news reporter interviews them and casually unearths a very relevant camping trip!

just my opinion
They must have something like this IMO, Dog refers to it twice in his interview, right around :44 and again at 1:16
Gabby Petito homicide: For Dog the Bounty Hunter, search for Brian Laundrie is personal

Agree, @x_files. I used to live in Maine and the border there with Canada is incredibly porous... it is very easy to walk across in the cover of dense forest (or night). Just don't get shot by a moose hunter this time of year, would be my advise! All that said, Canada is a wicked country in winter, starting next month in some areas, like much of the northern U.S. If BL is heading to Canada (or is there), it would have to be a jumping off place to somewhere else because "winter is coming", or he has shelter.

In fact, IMO, BL, or whomever might be helping him hide, likely planned to get BL to a location hospitable in both summer and winter... a temperate climate with dense forest, rivers, dry weather, and periodic access to provisions. Otherwise he'd have a massive backpack to survive in very cold temperatures and have enough sustenance.

Where might such a place be... not too hot, not too cold for a long period of time...? (I voted for 'somewhere else in the U.S.' for this reason).

yes, getting shot by a hunter would not be great.
He's born and raised in NY correct so he would have some experience with cold weather...
so he is either holed up at someone's winter cabin up North or a moderate temperature place in the south is indeed still in Florida.

I think it could have been pre-meditated. But not planned, as such. I don't put any stock into his media consumption or artwork etc. Perhaps it does show a darkness of the mind, but plenty of people enjoy dark, macabre and twisted art/fiction without resorting to DV, violence or (allegedly) murder. MOO
Some however- do just that.
Brendt Christensen 'became' American Psycho' IMO. Coincdentally it was his favourite book.

Another Woman Claims She Had Strange Encounter with Hitchhiking Brian Laundrie: Report

Norma Jean mentions that Brian picked up her bible when it slid off the dashboard... Could LE/FBI have been able to dust the book for his prints to corroborate her story? Or is "dusting for fingerprints" not as easy as Hollywood makes it seem (I'm guessing that's the case)?

Others have discussed fingerprints, but where would they get the baseline fingerprints from? When was he last fingerprinted in order to make a match. I suppose that they could use fingerprints found in the van, but until they can apprehend him and get a full set of prints, and prove they are in fact his fingerprints they collected and not someone else's, I don't see how they can verify that.

In terms of touch DNA, the defense could argue that Brian and Gabby were living together and in an intimate relationship. It would be hard to prove that any DNA on her body was not supposed to be there.

Identifiable finger marks on her neck, or his DNA under her fingernails might be better in terms of helping paint a picture of what happened.

I thought that too when I read it. I would imagine they could if it hasn't been handled much or at all since then IMOO

Just listened to Dog on YT. I was all prepared not to like him, but I found him very reasonable.

I wish we had some video evidence whether Brian came home after the family camping trip. I just fear the longer this goes on, the more chance that justice wont be served. More days on the run, farther he can be.

Same for me. When I first heard he was involved I thought it was a joke, however, I saw him on YT also and I found him likeable, reasonable and sincere. I think he truly wants to help. He is in the business of fugitives, so who knows?

After reading that, I'm thinking the charges don't just involve a credit card, but may also related to fraudulently using GP's cell phone? That would cover the Aug 30 cell call regarding Yosemite?

I don't think so. You have to use the "access device" to obtain something worth $1000 or more. So text messages don't count unless, maybe, they were used to get money.

Agree totally. I keep thinking what is his end game here? Say he does hole up for 6 months, a year, whatever, then what? He'd have to try to get a new identity somehow. How does someone do that?

End Game? To avoid prison for the rest of his life. he could live a life "off-grid" and enjoy hiking etc...
You can get new identities, new SS cards, etc...it's nOT legal but probably beats prison.

Snipped by me.

Agreed 100% about the Mountain House, that stuff is heavy plus you need to carry the stove and stove fuel to heat it or it's inedible. However, Lifestraw now makes several different kinds of containers, including a large hiking bottle with a built-in Lifestraw. If BL has one of those, he can fill it from any handy puddle and then drink from it all day.

But I agree with your overall point completely. Even if he has something like a Lifestraw bottle, just having water isn't enough. He is a very challenging environment for survival; there's no way to keep dry, there are tons of insects and predators, it would be very difficult to start a fire (and he can't risk smoke), and whatever amount of whatever kind of food he took with him is going to start running out soon.

And you can add me to the list of people who think BL was exaggerating or outright lying about his wilderness experience. There's no proof he ever did a stint on AT, much less did it survival-style. Car camping in state parks and dry campgrounds isn't at all the same as weeks solo in a survival situation without any kind of outside support.

IMO

It would appear he was versed in backpacking/camping gear, which means he may have super light-weight gear. A Bush Buddy stove can run off of twigs you can find anywhere and makes very little smoke. He could even be using a Dakota fire pit technique, which uses twigs, puts off very little smoke, and you can't see the flame because it's under ground. He could have outfitted himself with permethrin-treated bug repellent clothing, bug netting and insect spray. He could've purchased enough light-weight freeze-dried food to last him a month or two, if rationed and supplemented with food he catches in the wild. YouTube is an invaluable resource to learn how to outfit yourself, about all of the gear, and even bushcraft techniques. He had ample time to go buy what he needed. Even a novice bushcraft enthusiast can get by with the proper gear for an extended period of time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member