Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...And agree with SA .... and even though we always think this may have been the exit route (once the shed behind the school was mentioned) It may have also been the entry the perpetrator took as well???
Yeah cos if you can get a car in there, what’s stopping someone parking it 100 yards in the scrub? Then grabbing William, take a short but fast trip through the scrub to the car, then off ya go. No one would ever know you’ve even been in benaroon drive.

Not saying this is the case here, but I didn’t realise how much of a possibility that scenario was! As you said, it could have been both the entry and exit. And as South Aussie said, it appears you can go whichever way you like in there!

I just wanted to add a few google pics if no one has seen then area. Cos it looks like you can stand at the dead end of benaroon drive, where the bush track starts. And can see directly into FGM’s place, right into the verandah area.

also I wondered if you could hide a little lower, so to be obstructed by the trees, and then make your way through the scrub to the track?

cos one thing I’m learning about these areas, is there seems to be bush tracks that go and lead every which way!

Attachments

• BC4A8A82-C115-4EEF-9BB8-EAD96766A90D.jpeg
    BC4A8A82-C115-4EEF-9BB8-EAD96766A90D.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 35
  • AA88C4D3-8554-4CC7-9675-62C04C70D1A0.jpeg
    AA88C4D3-8554-4CC7-9675-62C04C70D1A0.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 998D5882-9827-41BE-988B-C55D8AB8C397.jpeg
    998D5882-9827-41BE-988B-C55D8AB8C397.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 9E5CCCAA-5225-46F1-8E96-83B4DAEF1B3A.jpeg
    9E5CCCAA-5225-46F1-8E96-83B4DAEF1B3A.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 27BFC0C4-894C-471E-AF3A-4F2292D1C097.jpeg
    27BFC0C4-894C-471E-AF3A-4F2292D1C097.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I also wanted to add these google pics. It’s street view from inside the forest! It’s called Kendall forest road It just above benaroon drive, but does join up to the same track as the benaroon drive one. This is the only part of the forest I can find with street view.

But it does show how accessible it actually is!

Attachments

• F34E3EC2-6CF4-462F-9524-17C6D021FCFD.jpeg
    F34E3EC2-6CF4-462F-9524-17C6D021FCFD.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 9ECB6865-182B-4CC7-AD3E-A1BFFAF084AC.jpeg
    9ECB6865-182B-4CC7-AD3E-A1BFFAF084AC.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 084BAC67-ABF2-408A-90BE-0EA4C96BA2FD.jpeg
    084BAC67-ABF2-408A-90BE-0EA4C96BA2FD.jpeg
    153.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 336C5CC8-F37F-42AB-93F1-FD9EE1535FBE.jpeg
    336C5CC8-F37F-42AB-93F1-FD9EE1535FBE.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 1AF851D9-449D-43BB-B2B1-AD7D915B58A6.jpeg
    1AF851D9-449D-43BB-B2B1-AD7D915B58A6.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 38E7D92C-07A6-4F38-B004-9DE1E9EEDCAB.jpeg
    38E7D92C-07A6-4F38-B004-9DE1E9EEDCAB.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 24
Might be a silly question, but can you get a car from the dead end part of benaroon drive to the school? I’ve never been there but just wondered, cos I noticed when I was google mapping the area the start of Logan’s crossing rd, which Misty way leads onto, is near the school. So just wondered if you could take a car the whole way through the scrub?
Back in 2017 a former Websleuther iailwa did a road trip through Kendall and it was their experience that a car could not drive along the fire trail at the end of Benaroon:

"You can get out of Benaroon drive & into the bush with a 4wd (only - a car just wouldn't cut it). it's very bumpy, and some of the humps were huge enough for a standard car to just balance on, with no tyres touching the road, it would be impossible. Can understand a 4WD might loose a mudguard or something, especially if they are hurrying. saw a hub cap right there." (iailwa, thread 27, post 1065)

There might be a difference of opinion about what qualifies as a "car", though? iailwa makes a distinction between a "car" and a "4WD".

Last edited:
Back in 2017 a former Websleuther iailwa did a road trip through Kendall and it was their experience that a car could not drive along the fire trail at the end of Benaroon:

"You can get out of Benaroon drive & into the bush with a 4wd (only - a car just wouldn't cut it). it's very bumpy, and some of the humps were huge enough for a standard car to just balance on, with no tyres touching the road, it would be impossible. Can understand a 4WD might loose a mudguard or something, especially if they are hurrying. saw a hub cap right there." (iailwa, thread 27, post 1065)

There might be a difference of opinion about what qualifies as a "car", though? iailwa makes a distinction between a "car" and a "4WD".
Yeah right, good to know there’s a difference of opinion! I’m not much of a 4wd person myself and it’s hard to try and work that out from a pin old google street view pic.

I agree Stormbird , I also had the chance do do quite abit of driving around when we had lengthy court breaks ( one day we had only 1 witness! )

The fire trail off the top of Benaroon drive is only 4WD ( we also heard in Craddock's opening that a cop car got stuck trying to go up it )

I've took some photos I'll try & find and put up

IMO it would have been quite easy for FA to take William by foot either up the fire trail of the top of Benaroon Drive or cut thru near PS's place and either go Lt towards Kendal State Forest or Rt thru to the cemetery where he may have had a car waiting ( he may have also cased out the street earlier that morning or have been hanging around next door to the FGM's as the Millers were not home ?)

Maybe the FGM had mentioned to GO that she was having visitors & he had told FA ( remember GO was probably in Kendall that morning? ) I also believe this is could be the reason that GJ was so interested in PS as he may have seen something?

Or he could have continued up the trail from the cemetery into Kendal State Forest ( we heard evidence from a witness that he knew this area & had been on this witnesses property at a log dump near a communications tower ) and eventually come out on Lorne Rd near the intersection of Logan's Crossing Rd which is just near the school where the shed is . Unlikely IMO thou, as that bush block was described as steep, rocky & bushy. We did hear alot of evidence about how fit FA was & that he often walked long distances

There is also a rd at the end of Albert st ( which is just below the cemetery ) called Forest Glen Rd with goes into Kendal forest Rd, accessible by 2wd

This is the fire trail at the top of Benaroon Drive
upload_2021-9-30_13-56-33.png

This is the fire trail at the end of Albert St which is named Forest Glen Rd which goes into Kendal forest Rd
upload_2021-9-30_14-6-7.png

I had to resize these down alot to be able to post, so hope they are ok

Just some of my thought & all MOO

Maybe the FGM had mentioned to GO that she was having visitors & he had told FA ( remember GO was probably in Kendall that morning? ) I also believe this is could be the reason that GJ was so interested in PS as he may have seen something?

yes, i agree and possibly ps could have felt intimidated by go or by his friendship with fa, i imagine fa thought he was some sort of a local legend with all his stories etc:rolleyes:

I guess we don't know that PS actually new GO or FA, but I could easily see PS popping over to the FGM house when GO was doing work sticky beaking IMO ??

And maybe GO did send FA to look at the deck , even thou he denied it & tried to distance himself from FA at the inquest :rolleyes: ?

IMO it would have been quite easy for FA to take William by foot either up the fire trail of the top of Benaroon Drive or cut thru near PS's place and either go Lt towards Kendal State Forest or Rt thru to the cemetery where he may have had a car waiting ( he may have also cased out the street earlier that morning or have been hanging around next door to the FGM's as the Millers were not home ?)

Or he could have continued up the trail from the cemetery into Kendal State Forest ( we heard evidence from a witness that he knew this area & had been on this witnesses property at a log dump near a communications tower ) and eventually come out on Lorne Rd near the intersection of Logan's Crossing Rd which is just near the school where the shed is . Unlikely IMO thou, as that bush block was described as steep, rocky & bushy. We did hear alot of evidence about how fit FA was & that he often walked long distances

There is also a rd at the end of Albert st ( which is just below the cemetery ) called Forest Glen Rd with goes into Kendal forest Rd, accessible by 2wd

View attachment 315419

This is the fire trail at the end of Albert St which is named Forest Glen Rd which goes into Kendal forest Rd
View attachment 315422

I’ve always thought PS was the most likely person to have witnessed something happening in the street, rather than being the perp.
I imagine FA intimidated many people.
Maybe the reason PS did his own search was because he had seen William snatched and knew what direction he was taken.

View attachment 315419

View attachment 315422

Such great info! Thank you for that.

yes, i agree and possibly ps could have felt intimidated by go or by his friendship with fa, i imagine fa thought he was some sort of a local legend with all his stories etc:rolleyes:

maybe PS saw ‘them’ in the bush staking out FGM house when he went for his morning walk ( before he sat on veranda with his tea & heard children playing) . I imagine he would not be keen to upset FA given his reputation

And who was RPs other mate Phil? Does GO go by another name?
We are still waiting to hear from ,or about, Phil...... he may have given evidence in a closed court???Or he may also be deceased by now????:eek:

Haven't heard that GO goes by an alias..... Lots of photos in the Kendal Chronicle etc and working on church projects as GO ..... He also got married during the inquest IIRC????

Really dredging my memory here......????? but I don't recall that GO even had a criminal record when we searched.... (unlike FA for example) Anyone remember for sure???

ETA - I have read that TJ has at least one alias... possibly more I would think....

Last edited:
Would
maybe PS saw ‘them’ in the bush staking out FGM house when he went for his morning walk ( before he sat on veranda with his tea & heard children playing) . I imagine he would not be keen to upset FA given his reputation
Would it be ok to kindly inquire if Dr Sleuth or BluesClues had possibly seen any reaction from PS seeing FA during the inquest?

From a 7News report about "7News Investigates: The Disappearance of William Tyrrell", Disturbing new twist in William Tyrrell case, YouTube, 27 Sep 2021:

Reporter Ashlea Hansen (from about 1:16): "[FA], who's always denied any involvement in William's disappearance, gave evidence at his inquest, along with other persons of interest. The findings were due to be handed down in June [2021] but they've been delayed and no new date has been set." [transcribed and bolded by me, stormbird]

FA gave evidence at the inquest? Is that correct?

From a 7News report about "7News Investigates: The Disappearance of William Tyrrell", Disturbing new twist in William Tyrrell case, YouTube, 27 Sep 2021:

Reporter Ashlea Hansen (from about 1:16): "[FA], who's always denied any involvement in William's disappearance, gave evidence at his inquest, along with other persons of interest. The findings were due to be handed down in June [2021] but they've been delayed and no new date has been set." [transcribed and bolded by me, stormbird]

FA gave evidence at the inquest? Is that correct?
Not that I am aware of Stormbird..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members