Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
William Tyrrell: ‘One million reasons’ to come forward over toddler’s abduction
7:29pm September 12, 2016

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fimages%2f2015%2fapril%2f17%2f1604_william_tyrrell_1.ashx%3fw%3d603

A $1 million reward, the largest in New South Wales history, has been announced for information that leads to the arrest of the person who abducted missing toddler William Tyrrell, or for the boy’s safe return or recovery.

William, then aged three, went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the state's mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

[...]

"You’re in a much better position if you come to us than if we come to you."

Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS WRITTEN BELOW. YOU MUST FOLLOW WHAT IS OUTLINED OR YOU WILL BE TIMED OUT OR BANNED!!!!

Thanks to DrSleuth for your help in writing up the information needed for the discussion.

Here is what we can and cannot discuss.

No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE
CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

Prior to the coronial inquest, the bio families could be identified, but it was overturned by the coroner for the inquest.

I am very sorry it took me so long to open this thread back up. Please keep in mind we are short handed so if this thread starts to get out of control with alerts we will have to close it again.
Please do not hesitate to alert but make sure the alert is truly needed. We have experienced a lot of tit for tat alerts and that makes me foam at the mouth, grow hair on my hands and my teeth turn into fangs. In other words please be sure when you post you are posting within our terms of service.

Thank you,
Tricia

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35[/URL [URL='https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/australia-william-tyrrell-3-kendall-nsw-12-sept-2014-36.380212/']Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42
Thread #43 [/URL]
- [URL='https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/australia-william-tyrrell-3-kendall-nsw-12-sept-2014-43.462577/']Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43
Thread #44 - Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #44
Thread #45 - Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #45
Thread #46 - Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #46
Thread #47 - Australia - Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47
Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55[/url] Thread #56

Last edited by a moderator:
I will keep posting the information as soon as we are certain everyone understands who they cannot identify. One more time:
No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

So, does that mean it's OK to discuss any other books on the subject?

There is no blanket approval. Please contact a Mod or Admin with the name of the book and the author and we will make a decision.

Chumley's book "Searching for Spiderman" is not approved.

Gary Jubelin's book and Caroline Overington's book are the only two that are approved for discussion at this time.

I think they should be okay - as one is a journo and one is an ex-lead detective on the case - but I will alert on my post and see if a mod can clarify how we should reference. Whether that be the book and page number, or a screenshot of the specific excerpt from the page of one of the allowable books.

IIRC stormbird was putting up screenshots when she spoke of particular passages from Overington's book.

Both books can be discussed.

Always give credit to the author. Book title, page # and paraphrasing or brief quotes are allowed.

Screenshots and more extensive quoting requires approval of the author (the copyright holder).

Do not try to get more content in by breaking it up into multiple posts.

ADMIN NOTE:

There are 2 sets of parents in this case .. the bio parents and the foster parents. In keeping with Websleuths victim friendly policy, they are off limits. Members are not allowed to disparage them, cast aspersions, make insinuations, or make direct or indirect accusations about them.

If Websleuths position in that regard changes in the future, members will be notified on the thread.

ADMIN NOTE:

The rudeness, personalizing and sarcasm in this thread needs to stop. If it continues, there will be thread bans or TOs issued. Please just tone down the attitudes and post respectfully. Members are all here for the same reason and there is absolutely no reason for anyone to be unkind. If someone else is rude, do not respond. Just Report the post and let moderators review it.

Also, when stating information as fact, an approved link must be provided to substantiate the fact. If it's been linked recently, it's no big deal, but if it is older information or information not known to other members, they are entitled to ask for a link and one must be provided.

Our very few Mods are extremely busy with other current, fast moving threads. If the violations in this discussion continue, the thread will be closed with only the Media *No Discussion* thread open until such time as there is news.

Thread is open again.

Wait continues for William Tyrrell coronial inquest findings

The wait for the findings of a coronial inquest conducted into the disappearance of William continues, with no date confirmed to finalise the exhaustive court process. There is also no indication Strike Force police are any closer to finding the piece of evidence that proves without a doubt what happened to the child.

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
8m

William Tyrrell’s foster parents have released a statement labelling today’s reports of a “new suspect” in his disappearance “fake news”, saying “Once again we are forced to watch others objectify William for personal gain.”

Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
8m

“To publish unverified claims, without consideration to the hurt that articles of this nature cause is disrespectful and devastating to everyone who knows and loves William,” the statement says.

Imo there is no basis for this fake news claim.

Imo there is no basis for this fake news claim.
What do you mean?
One would think the family would be informed of a new suspect. And let's not forget, even though we all had our hopes up, it was the Daily Telegraph who released the information. IMO it was just media sensationalism stirring things up leading to the anniversary. And I am sure it is very heartbreaking for his family and so difficult to read these articles which to them have no basis.

JMO. IMOO.

What do you mean?
One would think the family would be informed of a new suspect. And let's not forget, even though we all had our hopes up, it was the Daily Telegraph who released the information. IMO it was just media sensationalism stirring things up leading to the anniversary. And I am sure it is very heartbreaking for his family and so difficult to read these articles which to them have no basis.

JMO. IMOO.

IMO I think you are correct in the sense of sensationalism by the Daily Telegraph.

Thanks I can read it, I'll try & paraphrase it.....

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

• Police identified new suspect
  • Have liased with Deputy State Coroner Harriet Grahame
  • The coroner had signalled she would be delivering her findings in June but that was delayed amid internal conflict over who police believe was to blame, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.
  • Craddock was given an extension until April 30th to file his submissions ( initially it was feb )
  • No new date set
  • Among the people who the inquest heard from & are longer persons of interest , include FA, BS & PS
No-one has been charged with William’s disappearance from the garden of the Kendall home on September 12, 2014, in his famous Spider-Man suit. All three men named here have been cleared of any involvement.

Does that say FA has been cleared of any involvement? Am I reading it correctly? That makes me really question the article's credibility.

Apparently Loxoli :rolleyes:

I actually thought that Janet Fife-Yeomans and Mark Morri were pretty reputable too???

According to these posts, the DT is stating that FA has been cleared? :rolleyes: We haven't heard this anywhere else.
I would assume, at this point, that would be up to the Coroner and not the DT or anyone else for that matter.

What do you mean?

JMO. IMOO.

I have seen a couple of cases where they didn’t inform a family of a suspect until they’d got all they needed for an arrest, so they could potentially be keeping this information.

Especially after all this time wouldn’t want to give false hope. But who knows media do like headlines real or false.

here’s hoping it’s not false news so WT extended family can get can get some answers.

I have seen a couple of cases where they didn’t inform a family of a suspect until they’d got all they needed for an arrest, so they could potentially be keeping this information.

Especially after all this time wouldn’t want to give false hope. But who knows media do like headlines real or false.

here’s hoping it’s not false news so WT extended family can get can get some answers.

Yes, however in the cases where the family is kept in the dark, the media is usually also not informed. IMO

If they are going to make an arrest, they are not going to let anyone know. imo
(Unless they let the families know during or immediately after the arrest, so they are not blindsided by the media.)

All they need is for a suspect to flee because they hear an arrest is imminent.

I have always thought that Laidlaw is making these public claims "we have a good idea who it is or how it happened" to try to flush someone out. Not going to work. A $1,000,000 reward hasn't worked. Jubes' "you better come to us before we come for you" didn't work.

However, they have certainly had a long time now since Laidlaw took the case on to go through a myriad more tips and material. If there is anything there that wasn't unearthed previously - and we know there could be, because we already know the strike force didn't get to everything - they need to follow up.

Last edited:
If they are going to make an arrest, they are not going to let anyone know. imo
(Unless they let the families know during or immediately after the arrest, so they are not blindsided by the media.)

All they need is for a suspect to flee because they hear an arrest is imminent.

I have always thought that Laidlaw is making these public claims "we have a good idea who it is or how it happened" to try to flush someone out. Not going to work. A $1,000,000 reward hasn't worked. Jubes' "you better come to us before we come for you" didn't work.

However, they have certainly had a long time now since Laidlaw took the case on to go through a myriad more tips and material. If there is anything there that wasn't unearthed previously - and we know there could be, because we already know the strike force didn't get to everything - they need to follow up.

agree whole heartedly there is always room for a leak though deliberately or not.

agree whole heartedly there is always room for a leak though deliberately or not.

Although, most media are smart enough to be careful with their leaked info. If they foil an arrest due to publishing certain info, they wont be leaked to any more.

Which is why I think this is an attempted flushing exercise, or as Loxoli says ... an attempt to show they are still working on the case.

Maybe they are hoping that someone wont be able to help themselves but to say "ha, they say it is someone who is known to William! They don't know anything".

One would hope that Police are sitting on said suspect hoping that this makes them uncomfortable and put a foot wrong. It was really odd how they released this when AJ had been located. But at the same time there were a tonne of people making a connection with the two cases because of certain similarities.

<modsnip - no link>

What do you mean?

JMO. IMOO.

Why would anyone expect to be told anything by police investigators....and I mean anyone when lead detective has made very clear statements in recent times. Police do not and should not reveal anything to anyone until that final knock on the door of the perpetrator. There is nothing that presently alerts me to a fake news alarm.

Although, most media are smart enough to be careful with their leaked info. If they foil an arrest due to publishing certain info, they wont be leaked to any more.

Which is why I think this is an attempted flushing exercise, or as Loxoli says ... an attempt to show they are still working on the case.

Maybe they are hoping that someone wont be able to help themselves but to say "ha, they say it is someone who is known to William! They don't know anything".

Are you certain there is any leaked information or is it a case of the hills hoist rumour mill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz