Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone considering that BL is not running but maybe stationary? My personal guess is that he’s hiding somewhere close to home or familiar. I think most are on the same page, that the reserve was a diversion or maybe what BL told his family, but unlikely where he is. Think about this. What do we know of BL aside from the travels. Where did he go when he wasn’t on the road?

I agree. I think he is in hiding but at someone's summer rental, a cabin, or at a family friend's house. It took this long for LE/FBI to even consider the older sister's house. That concerns me.
He thinks he can lay low and hide out until the media attention blows over. This way his parents can send him supplies via Amazon through an anon account and prepaid cards.

In USA, are FBI allowed to interview them separately. Divide and conquer one of them? Suppose that is why they have lawyered up. But they seem unconcerned that their son is missing. Wouldn't you be out looking or pleading on media for his return.
There is two issues with this...the first is they have an attorney so they don't have to say a word to LE, and the second is marital privilege, which means anything said between them can be confidential.

I think it's possible he's just hiding in plain sight. He is really very ordinary looking, IMO. I live in a small college town, and he would completely blend in here and nobody would question a newcomer, because the town is full of newcomers every semester. Also, in the real world, not everybody is following this case and even knows to look for him.

Everyone is searching the swamps and woods he could easily go to a city and blend right in. Hat, sunglasses, cover his hand tatts or have them removed. New ID and just blend in.

So, if BL is in Mexico, central America or elsewhere outside the country how is he surviving? He isn't wealthy. I'm speculating BLs parents finances are being monitored by LE for transactions abroad. I just can't see him being able.to support himself while living abroad. It is my guess he is living in close proximity to an area he knows extremely well.

Mexico isn’t exactly expensive I don’t think he’s at some luxury resort. He just have to get himself a hole in the wall shelter let his hair grow go by a different name, most probably wouldn’t even notice now and find a job in fields etc….

sorry if repeat—I haven’t read every message. the first route that comes up in my phone from the Tetons to north port would take you down 57 south. Pretty sure Benton is close? I’m in a Midwestern city northwest of here and we often go to some parks and campgrounds in southern IL.

Mexico isn’t exactly expensive I don’t think he’s at some luxury resort. He just have to get himself a hole in the wall shelter let his hair grow go by a different name, most probably wouldn’t even notice now and find a job in fields etc….
See Peter Chadwick.

Another day. This is taking longer than the Renaissance ..

I don't believe the American public, in general, can be so unobservant 24/7 that would allow Brian, in all his stunning ordinariness to escape any sort of scrutiny.

Nor do I believe Brian would be able to resist inserting himself in someone else's conversation, at random, on any matter, just because. That would be as necessary to him as oxygen.

LE needs to find Brian. Brian needs to be telling people all about his unique insights.. This , if he was alive, would be a slam dunk.... One contingent would lead to the other.

The people who last saw him alive, and it is fair at this point to also claim those same people were the last to speak with him, and to him, and him to them, in the absence of any other sighting perhaps need to be leant on a little harder, perhaps...

BL is an extremely average-looking guy this works to his advantage.

There's a scene in "The Color Purple" where Miss Celie tells, Shug - "He beats me, because I'm not you." I believe this is the crux of this situation. For close to 7 years, Brian, the self-absorbed, isolationist <modsnip> tried to change the all giving and nurturing Gabby into his doppelganger. He wanted a female Brian <modsnip> .
But, she couldn't chuck her free spirit, love of people and desire to teach the world about caring for the world. He was as small as a cancer cell. She was as large as the universe. He could not beat her embrace of the world out of her. He could not spirit her far enough away to cut her ties to the world she truly cared to nurture. He could not brow beat her into the kind of devotion that expects nothing in return.
He wanted to flee from the world. She wanted to change the world. He wanted to abandon all ties. She wanted to share her embrace with everyone.
Gabby said no too many times to a person who tried to groom her into believing a life in handcuffs was a life liberated simply because he was doing the handcuffing. In the end, she was a failed experiment, an incendiary catalyst that ignited the rage at the heart of his iconoclasm. Like a gladiator, this happy, light-hearted, little girl withstood his attempt at brainwashing for 7 years in order to lighten his heart, heal his soul and make him fall back in love with the entirety of the world - not just the rocks, streams and mountains upon it.
In the end, his sickness proved to be both incurable and deadly.
JMHO

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if BL is in Mexico, central America or elsewhere outside the country how is he surviving? He isn't wealthy. I'm speculating BLs parents finances are being monitored by LE for transactions abroad. I just can't see him being able.to support himself while living abroad. It is my guess he is living in close proximity to an area he knows extremely well in the CONUS.

In a place like Cuba, 10K in cash would be a lot of money. Even 5. I wouldn't be surprised if the parents had a fair amount of cash in the house. imo.

Can we gain some perspective here? This thread is blowing up accusing CL, her family, and her husband's family of aiding a fugitive based solely on information from Steven Bertolino. Not exactly the witness we should be relying upon for the facts.
Thank you for this. Between that and the unsubstantiated claims, I really want to see the focus going back to finding BL and being victim friendly here.

I'll still think they could have handled the entire situation 1000x better than they did. I have yet to see any redeeming qualities they've put forth in the process of finding GP, grieving GP, sympathy for her family, finding their son, or reigning in their lawyer from public comments.
Keeping ones mind open to new information and not making ones mind up on insufficient evidence isn't saying someone has redeeming qualities. There are any number of explanations why the Laundrie family didn't return the Petito family"s calls ranging from they didn't like GP and was glad that they had broken up and didn't want to get mixed up in the drama to they knew BL had killed her and that nothing they could do to would bring her back so they were into preserving their sons life. And 100 other scenarios in between those two extremes. We simply don't know

Just a thought, would the FBI possibly bring in a profiler? I know they can profile victims and serial killers, so would it not make sense to profile BL to see where he would potentially run too. JMO.

Yes, I think this would have already been quietly done.
Professional profiling opinion on where BL might be, what his personality and indicators say about him.
And we notice that the FBI appear to still be searching the reserve (while also, no doubt, reviewing masses of CCTV, phone and other data).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48