Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she were just going to lie, why would she agree to the interview? She doesn't seem to be connected or involved and Gabby sent the sweetest postcards to her kids. I can't imagine CL was secretly cackling that she was misleading the media to help her brother by giving this sad short interview. Know what I mean?

I felt like the interview was more like: wow, since this whole thing blew up, do you know what's been going on? And she says no, I haven't been able to talk to him, I wish I could. I don't think she said anything specific nor did she intend to be misleading. I just don't see the point.
I agree with you!

Also…I feel like everyone has ripped the Laundrie parents a new one for not saying anything at all & coming off as cruel (IMO - also IMO rightfully deserved…the way they’ve handled this is totally not right & I say cruel bc IMO what they put Gabby’s family thru was cruel…all IMO). Then CL talked to the media relatively quickly. She said she talked to the police. She seemed to be cooperating as far as we know IMO. She provided those post cards. She agreed to take an interview on national television. Even then, she’s still getting ripped a new one. Seems like she’s in a position where she can’t win no matter what she does even if she fully cooperated & did nothing wrong or if she’s in on everything…it’s a lose-lose for her right now. All IMO of course.

There's a scene in "The Color Purple" where Miss Celie tells, Shug - "He beats me, because I'm not you." I believe this is the crux of this situation. For close to 7 years, Brian, the self-absorbed, isolationist narcissist tried to change the all giving and nurturing Gabby into his doppelganger. He wanted a female Brian, a hermit with a useful vagina.
But, she couldn't chuck her free spirit, love of people and desire to teach the world about caring for the world. He was as small as a cancer cell. She was as large as the universe. He could not beat her embrace of the world out of her. He could not spirit her far enough away to cut her ties to the world she truly cared to nurture. He could not brow beat her into the kind of devotion that expects nothing in return.
He wanted to flee from the world. She wanted to change the world. He wanted to abandon all ties. She wanted to share her embrace with everyone.
Gabby said no too many times to a person who tried to groom her into believing a life in handcuffs was a life liberated simply because he was doing the handcuffing. In the end, she was a failed experiment, an incendiary catalyst that ignited the rage at the heart of his iconoclasm. Like a gladiator, this happy, light-hearted, little girl withstood his attempt at brainwashing for 7 years in order to lighten his heart, heal his soul and make him fall back in love with the entirety of the world - not just the rocks, streams and mountains upon it.
In the end, his sickness proved to be incurable.
JMHO

Sounds like a novel.

We all can remember what Gabby's Mother stated very clearly:

"We called Brian, we called the mom, we called the dad, we called the sister, we called every number that we could find,” Petito said. “No phone calls were picked up, no text messages were returned.”

"Petito said he wants Laundrie to be held accountable for whatever part he played in Gabby’s disappearance, along with his family for protecting him."

BBM

Thank You, Warwick for reminding us of these facts.

There is no good reason for anyone in the Laundrie family to not have responded to Gabby's family's phone calls/texts.

I'll say it again: There is no good reason for anyone in the Laundrie family to have ignored Gabby's family's phone calls/texts.

There is no good reason.

There's a scene in "The Color Purple" where Miss Celie tells, Shug - "He beats me, because I'm not you." I believe this is the crux of this situation. For close to 7 years, Brian, the self-absorbed, isolationist narcissist tried to change the all giving and nurturing Gabby into his doppelganger. He wanted a female Brian, a hermit with a useful vagina.
But, she couldn't chuck her free spirit, love of people and desire to teach the world about caring for the world. He was as small as a cancer cell. She was as large as the universe. He could not beat her embrace of the world out of her. He could not spirit her far enough away to cut her ties to the world she truly cared to nurture. He could not brow beat her into the kind of devotion that expects nothing in return.
He wanted to flee from the world. She wanted to change the world. He wanted to abandon all ties. She wanted to share her embrace with everyone.
Gabby said no too many times to a person who tried to groom her into believing a life in handcuffs was a life liberated simply because he was doing the handcuffing. In the end, she was a failed experiment, an incendiary catalyst that ignited the rage at the heart of his iconoclasm. Like a gladiator, this happy, light-hearted, little girl withstood his attempt at brainwashing for 7 years in order to lighten his heart, heal his soul and make him fall back in love with the entirety of the world - not just the rocks, streams and mountains upon it.
In the end, his sickness proved to be incurable.
JMHO
He must have known he was punching way above his weight with her, him being so ordinary and all. And not in any recorded event of him possessing any talent, or interesting personality, or even a sense of humor.. A dull bloke.

And I take on board the part of Gabby being his failed experiment. Where he reaches a point of realisation that he isn't going to succeed in completely whipping her into total submission, and obeyance on every issue.. A hard moment for him, no doubt. Too hard, possibly, considering the end game here, she is dead, he is gone.

Last edited:
Came out of a long break to finally add my thoughts. IMO narcissists always have to think they’re seen in a good light and looked up to. IMO BL did not tell his parents the truth if/when he got back to Florida. Similar to how IMO Chris Watts couldn’t allow himself to be thought as a family deserter for having the affair so he thought he’d disappear his family to make himself seem the victim. MOO but I think BL’s parents were told a tall tale and once things didn’t add up they called their lawyer who told them to not say anything to anybody. All MOO. Even if he’s found alive none of us should believe a word about what he says happened. For the record I do think he’s alive somewhere and not in the swamp. IMO that car was left there as a decoy. Just my thoughts.

It’s been a while since BL went into hiding. If that’s what he’s done. Phone battery must be pretty low by now, bug bites galore, rations running out soon. With no assistance how long could he survive.
I think he’s gone. Long gone. Either died or traveled far away.
This one certainly is a mystery.

Neither can I...not yet.
Not now, not ever. Someone in that family should have picked up the phone, and no one in that family should have agreed that they were never going to answer any call from the Petito's... not even after Gabby was found murdered, which, if Brian was not involved in her death , the Petito's would be the first people the Laundries would be ringing..

The phone calling would be in reverse, Laundrie's calling Petito's to sob out Brian's innocence..

Last edited:
Can I float a theory on how BL got his family on Board?

Comes Home Crying, Sobbing that Gabby Left him. Left him for some other guy. "its over, she even punched me" (shows superficial scratch or other BS. Family says lets go camping to get your mind off of this.

He says he just wants to get away and be by himself. They help him set something up to get away to refresh. Fast forward to Gabby parent calling. BL splits, family thinks they have willingly or unwillingly helped him escape. The call a lawyer, he says shut your mouths.

Here we are..........

It’s been a while since BL went into hiding. If that’s what he’s done. Phone battery must be pretty low by now, bug bites galore, rations running out soon. With no assistance how long could he survive.
I think he’s gone. Long gone. Either died or traveled far away.
This one certainly is a mystery.
IMO Brian is somewhere hunkered down, with supplies, possibly living in someone's house who is helping him hide. His parents don't seem worried at all.. they have not gone out to search for him and have not come out to media to ask for help in finding their missing son

I agree Alethea, it doesn't seem like she's telling lies or trying to mislead. The interview is also obviously snipped and edited with much of the 'backstory' given to us by Trevor Ault who interviewed her. It is especially important to note that the lead-in to her statement that is in question is what sets us up to believe she hadn't seen him since his return. Narrator: "Laundrie's sister, Cassie, says even she hasn't spoken to her brother since he returned to his home in Florida from his and Gabby's cross-country trip . . . "
And then, when I realized that this interview was aired on the early morning of the 17th of September (the same day that BL's parents finally declared had been missing for several days), that it had only been 11 days since she had actually been with him and their parents at the campground, and that none of the family or their attorney corrected that timeline/misreporting ~ Well, it just still leaves me a bit suspicious.
So, WSers, we didn't misunderstand her words. Either the interviewer did and he misrepresented her (which she/they never corrected) or she said it so clearly to him that he had no problem stating what he heard as her true statement. Perhaps there's a full, uninterrupted version of her interview that I haven't seen? This is the one that I was able to find. Oh and interestingly, GMA has taken the interview off of their website.

Here is the archived original interview transcript (scroll down):

Source: ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito

And yes, it was taken out of context. Pretty severely.

Question: And I guess if you're - what's, just kind of as his sister, the oddest thing to you about all this, if you had to?

Cassie Laundrie: That I haven't been able to talk to him. I wish I could talk to him.

Question: He just doesn't want to say anything to anyone.

Cassie Laundrie: I know that it's all because the lawyers, advising them not to say anything, I, I...

To sum up:

1) The question was not "did you see BL", it was "what's the oddest thing for you here"
2) The answer was edited, the "That" was cut out, distorting the message. What she is saying is that she finds it odd that she could/can not speak to BL, and this is because of the lawyer's gag order that seems to shield BL even from her.

Conclusion: Cassie Laundrie's statements in the interview do not clash with her seeing BL on the 1st and 6th, this is distorted reporting.

Last edited:
In the end, his sickness proved to be both incurable and deadly.
JMHO

You just described what I went through in my marriage. I escaped but so many have not. Evil is attracted to good. It wants to consume it and when it is no longer useful, destroy it. We must not let it happen any longer.

Thank You, Warwick for reminding us of these facts.

There is no good reason for anyone in the Laundrie family to not have responded to Gabby's family's phone calls/texts.

I'll say it again: There is no good reason for anyone in the Laundrie family to have ignored Gabby's family's phone calls/texts.

There is no good reason.

Does this mean the sister may have known something before msm caught wind of the story?

Can I float a theory on how BL got his family on Board?

Comes Home Crying, Sobbing that Gabby Left him. Left him for some other guy. "its over, she even punched me" (shows superficial scratch or other BS. Family says lets go camping to get your mind off of this.

IMO he may not even have had superficial injuries. Gabby may have fought for her life (I suspect she did) and he may have had quite a few deep scratches on his person, on his face, on his arms, wherever. Which might go a long way toward explaining why he didn't want to see the investigators.

Last edited:
<modsnip >
In reality, all we know is that Gabby died by the hands of another, and her fiance is charged with crimes that are related to fraud...not murder. Circumstantial evidence makes him the obvious suspect. Finding him is what's important. All we know for sure is that Gabby is a homicide victim.
My opinion...take it with a grain of salt

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members