Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not allowed to say what I really think on here about the murder itself and events leading up to it, so you'll have to make do without my extremely interesting theories on that. Suffice to say they differ markedly from the general opinion on here <modsnip>

I will say that I don't believe BL is hiking the Appalachian trail where people brush past each other on narrow paths and everyone looks into each other's eyes in case they might be alone in the wilderness with a psycho.
I think the choice of the Carlton reserve was significant though, to instill the idea that a) he might kill himself there out of despair, and b) that in doing so his body would almost certainly never be found. That might deflect the pursuit sufficient to give him time to come up with a plan. Therefore I doubt he ever went into the Carlton reserve.

I think he was giving himself a bit of time to see his family one last time and sort out some of his affairs before disappearing/killing himself, though if the latter, one might suppose he would do so in the comfort of his home rather than in a pestilential bog. Everything has certainly gone very wrong for him and as I suspect he is/was a perfectionist I'm sure that situation is/was causing him agony. The life-force will drain eventually, and I would be quite surprised if he hasn't already killed himself, and if he has, then I suspect he would be clever enough to ensure that his body would never be found, thereby leaving a legacy of mystery for ever, which would be an appealing option to anyone who has absolutely nothing left to live for.

Interesting post. I for one would love to read your opinion. I love reading everyone's opinions, especially when they are different from mine.

Especially with this news coming out - I stand with my previous assertion - Brian packed that gun into their van for their trip. I think he convinced Gabby it was necessary for protection in the unknown areas they might find themselves in out in unfamiliar territory. I believe Brian shot and killed Gabby. I think the reason the search scaled down for targeted ares is because the search is on to find that gun. They need the murder weapon for a conviction. They have the bullet. imo
Def worth considering. Originally I thought no… BL comes off as an enviro snob (“infestation” comment, other misc comments, vegetarian flaunt, plastic extremist, etc), which imo usually doesn’t go with firearms proficiency or ownership. Would like to know more about his background in that regard.

Not sure what SBM and BBM stands for. I know they got back together after he flew back on the 24th. But, in that initial period after the incident Aug. 13th-24th? Is it confirmed they were together again?

Are we allowed to use Instagram? There were no posts from Aug 1-12, and the posts in Gabby's account that started on the 12th were unusual, and similar in style to how Brian posted. Is there confirmed sightings of them after the fight, I too wonder if they separated for a few days.

We are a 70 Muscle Car family and my son collects them. He bought two Monte Carlos off EBay transported to his location of choice. No ID required. It’s possible a vehicle could have been delivered and was waiting somewhere.
Hmm. Interesting. Wouldn't he have ditched the gun somewhere on his "hike" to Colter Bay area? jmo
Not if he was afraid he was still gonna need it to protect/defend himself. He was only beginning his escape. What did he have in store for him? He knew what he was going to do - not what anyone else was gonna do.

This makes me think BL’s parents may not have loved the Petito’s if their son was being demeaned by his father in law.
I agree. MOO there are many dynamics not yet revealed that may one day help make sense of some of the lack of communication between the families. Not saying it will make it right, just give more insight.

Are we allowed to use Instagram? There were no posts from Aug 1-12, and the posts in Gabby's account that started on the 12th were unusual, and similar in style to how Brian posted. Is there confirmed sightings of them after the fight, I too wonder if they separated for a few days.
Interesting enough BL’s last post was the day after the stop in Moab after their visit to the Arches. Also, others have said GP’s post on August 19th was an old post from a previous day. BL was in the 19th post but were they back together at that point? It’s unclear..

This conditioning, that girls/women are inferior to boys/men, is a key factor to keeping a woman in place while such a man like BL abuses/murders her. We are taught that we are less than, to doubt ourselves, especially when it comes from one or more of our male role models. Going by GP's body language, she was deathly afraid of telling LE the truth of what lead to that moment.

For educational purposes, both boys and girls can be taught that they are inferior and for a variety of reasons. This "teaching" can can come from people but also from society.

It is difficult to say that this topic significantly applies to either Gabby or Brian.

We do know they are both relatively young and their relationship was stressed at times. This is not atypical from any relationship but less so from relationships between young people. Their relationship, I imagine, was even more strained by the adventure that carried with it significant importance to their hopes and dreams for their future together.

When considering the importance of their adventure and their age, you don't need to include an abusive background to understand how emotions could dominate their behavior at times. That is not an excuse for poor decisions.

I hate that they found themselves in a situation they struggled to deal with and, I believe, attributed to Gabby's death in some way.

IF the most recent, Appalachian Trail sighting is true, from whom did BL get the white Ford F-150? California bound? Hmm, I don’t know. He has no money. That’d be quite the wild goose chase if not true. Whitey Bulger was able to hide out in CA for a long time, BUT….totally different scenario there. He had a lot of connections and a lot of money.

Def worth considering. Originally I thought no… BL comes off as an enviro snob (“infestation” comment, other misc comments, vegetarian flaunt, plastic extremist, etc), which imo usually doesn’t go with firearms proficiency or ownership. Would like to know more about his background in that regard.
He wouldn't have had to be proficient w a firearm, and I suppose it makes sense that he may have taken one with them, in case of emergency but they are loud! Would it have been a registered gun or do you just buy a gun in FLA if you feel like it? If she was shot, it was definitely premeditated murder. Yecch. jmo

It really makes me cringe when I read comments which essentially demean people who work in lower paying jobs. I'm not defending BL but I am defending people who work hard to provide us with essential goods and services.
My sincere apologies. BL and GP were working to make money towards this trip , not for need or for direction. They lived with family that appear to have assisted greatly. They were focused on something other than making a living.
That they had this grand goal, does make them stand apart from many who are just working “for now”. Beyond that, I did not see any evidence that BL had sinister plans. What happened after GP was killed and BL ran, is not a well planed series but a series of panic moves. All of this is MOO and their jobs were just one more piece in the whole picture that I wanted to show as not a complex landscape.
Even if they had been well paid and had high responsibility roles at work, I’d have stated the same. These crimes were the result of some accidents, bad immediate decisions, likely bad temper, loss of control rather a sinister diabolical plot.
Again, I apologize for any effect my comments made that make anyone feel demeaned.

I know I’ve seen it posted that Brian hunts in these threads a couple of times. He had that gun poster or something related to a gun in his room. There’s an Instagram photo of gabby posing with a gun. There’s that gun case LE came back for the second time. I studied all morning the other day- the Florida underwater swamp searches for firearms through that silt. It was the same day they were focusing on the dive teams. I was listening to the live broadcasts while reading and everything was seeming to couple together.
*eta: Does anyone know if there is an online method of verifying Brian’s alleged concealed weapon license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa