Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this article, Brian Laundrie is 5'8" and 160 lbs.
Brian Laundrie missing as search for his fiancé Gabby Petito continues | WFLA

Gabby Petito was 5'5" and 110 lbs.
Gabby Petito’s fiancé named person of interest in her disappearance, North Port police say | WFLA

Though I realize that this can occur in a variety of circumstances, the manner of her death was determined to be a homicide.

JMO

Ah. Sounds like a prime candidate for little man syndrome. A male could easily put the hurt on him so he picks on tiny females to make himself feel powerful. IMO.

I think she was of average height and weight for her age, and that Brian was on the slight side. If you have a link otherwise, I'm happy to be corrected. If she died as a result of an attack by him, I think it was the result of an unfortunate fall or similar.
I don’t see Gabby being of “average” weight at all. She looks thin, <modsnip> JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Besides finding her actual killer I would say murder weapon or some definitive evidence that would support BL killed our Gabby - would justify these incredibly expensive and potentially dangerous searches by humans and dogs in that Preserve …so we wait JMO

Agree, there has to be something to justify the time and cost.

I did not see the interview yet. It's on DVR only clips on Banfield and this was not one. But I don't get the sense he was ever at the scene when she was there. He was there after she was removed. MOO
On Dr. Phil’s Tuesday show they play video of the location where she was found. Involves a short walk and a creek that has to be crossed.

After just finishing watching a TV series we watch, my phone had a Fox News push that BL’s Dad, Christopher, has now joined the search. I’m sure this has been all over WS’s by now since my push was 2 hours ago…I went back a few pages to read some posts but couldn’t catch up so fast…. I just wanted to hop on and hope and pray that BL will be brought in soon. I’d get ahead of myself in hoping they are closing in on him but I am hoping, by LE asking his Dad to get involved, there can be a peaceful capture. For those of you who were here during the Chris Watts days you’ll remember when RW spoke w/his son. Sometimes it takes that kind of interaction for a surrender…. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Or
Divide and conquer

Maybe LE is thinking that also.
JMO

Well poop , I just caught a minute of Banfield tonight on NewsNation and heard something about "evidence of a small campfire"-- but I didn't hear WHERE! I know there was a pickup in activity at the reserve again today. Is that where it was found? Sorry if it's already been talked about. Like many others, I can't even come close to catching up with all the threads. (If I could listen to all the comments instead of having to read them all, I might have had a small chance in keeping up the pace with all of you!)

I really hope they charge him soon. IMO there's a tolling provision they could use to prevent the clock from running. Links in prior post (attached). Unless of course there's some other reason. I would love to see a big move in this case. Either him or his parents - make a move. I'm getting antsy. They can always issue a superseding indictment. MOO

Prior post excerpt: But there’s a tolling provision that (IMOO) would apply to stop the running of that clock (18 U.S. Code § 3161(h)(3) (A) and (B)):

[“The following periods of delay shall be excluded in computing the time within which … the trial of any such offense must commence:

… a defendant or an essential witness shall be considered absent when his whereabouts are unknown and, in addition, he is attempting to avoid apprehension or prosecution or his whereabouts cannot be determined by due diligence. For purposes of such subparagraph, a defendant or an essential witness shall be considered unavailable whenever his whereabouts are known but his presence for trial cannot be obtained by due diligence or he resists appearing at or being returned for trial.’]

Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #48

Last edited:
This was posted a while back here in WS on Thread #22 Page #24 Post #464
In this live video from Sept 21st, the policing expert on the ground says he has a source that says her remains were not disturbed by wildlife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWwA7pQgvFM&t=1s

This makes me very, very relieved if true.
Thank you for the information. I must say I am really surprised considering how long it took to find her. Very good news! Jmo

He wouldn't need a gas resupply yet if he carried in a couple of the 8 oz cannisters and a large box of instant oatmeal.
Plus, a 5 minute walk to a tent site is pretty far away from the van for safety or convenience. If there was a plan, it was probably to sleep in the van. jmo
Agree. If you're car camping, you're not generally going to want to walk 5 minutes to your tent, since all your stuff is in the car. No way I'd schlepp stuff for 5 minutes if I'm car camping.

I think she was of average height and weight for her age, and that Brian was on the slight side. If you have a link otherwise, I'm happy to be corrected. If she died as a result of an attack by him, I think it was the result of an unfortunate fall or similar.
Or she was taken by surprise.
She did not see it coming.
JMO

*snipped*

'The Daily Mail reported back in September that Laundrie left Petito at the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City so he could fly back to Florida “to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.”'

The way this is worded makes me think the storage unit was actually rented by his parents and BL and Gabby put some of their things in there as well while they were away. Maybe his parents no longer wanted to pay for the storage unit. Perhaps it took 6 days to empty it because it had some of his parents stuff in it too. Maybe the Laundries paid for his flight as they needed his help to empty it, not the other way around. Instead if paying for them to have their own storage unit his parents offered to let them store their stuff in their storage shed. As to why they won't give up Gabby's things to her parents, maybe a lot of it was destroyed or discarded by Bryan after his final return home. Or maybe they had broken up during this time and instead of storing Gabby's things at his parent's house he chunked them. I've know of many a hateful dude to have done that to their exes. It's been speculated that maybe the were broken up over this period. I don't think so though. I can't see a girl letting an ex (freshly so) remove her things from storage. This whole case is perplexing!

And wow - it turned out to be true according to the lawyer who’s family member we really aren’t sure he represents?

jmo

Kind of bizarre how long it took to confirm such a major event. We've got people giving witness encounters from locations from the middle of nowhere, but he goes through 2 airports twice, flies in at least 2 airplanes, and hangs out for a week at his home and nada. Not a single witness encounter until Cassie confirmed it.

Or she was taken by surprise.
She did not see it coming.
JMO

Right. I think people are losing what I'm saying because they think I'm "defending" Brian. My point was that I don't think he "beat her to death." I think, if he killed her, it was a blow that might not otherwise have killed her, but did because of the circumstances. jmo

The kind you might build if you were just arriving and had to stop mid feed to murder the love of your life before running off into the sagebrush.
Small enough to not attract attention of Rangers but big enough to burn evidence? We will find out if this ever gets to trial. MOO.

If estimates of her height and weight (I *think* on LE publications) of 5'5" and 110 are around accurate, she would gave been slightly below "healthy" weight (per whatever org ([deleted bc it was a guess and I can't find strike through as an option]) establishes these things in the US) and quite a lot below "average.". He, at publicized estimated height of 5'8" and 150 would fall in the "healthy weight band. (Not that it really matters...both of them were basically lean and seemed fit).

How Much Does the Average Woman Weigh? ("The average American woman 20 years old and up weighs 170.6 poundsTrusted Source and stands at 63.7 inches (almost 5 feet, 4 inches) tall."; also has some other stats.)

Height Weight Chart: Ideal Weight for Men and Women (2020)

What Is My BMI?

Average Weight for American Women by Age
Age Group Average Weight
20–39 167.6 pounds
40–59 176.4 pounds
60 and up 166.5 pounds

What is the Average Weight for Women?

Last edited:
I don’t see Gabby being of “average” weight at all. She looks thin, <modsnip>JMO.
Yes. In referring to weight, "ideal" has nothing at all to do with "average". Can't equate. She was very slender. But looked great. She would not have been able to ward off aggression from a man with a 50 pound advantage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members