Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is surely a stupid question but I have lived in the Northeast my entire life so I don't know the answer. Do the leaves fall in Florida or do the trees keep their leaves all year? I.e. will the vegetation be the same year-round?
They fall somewhat but it’s not like it is on tv where the sidewalks are completely covered

Attachments

• A693A180-EF80-411B-909C-ACFDFBA8B692.jpeg
    A693A180-EF80-411B-909C-ACFDFBA8B692.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 0905519C-2E3E-4756-BF46-7D97BEC5A5BE.jpeg
    0905519C-2E3E-4756-BF46-7D97BEC5A5BE.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 109
  • C8577627-EDC4-48D1-B934-E0581B4BE0E9.jpeg
    C8577627-EDC4-48D1-B934-E0581B4BE0E9.jpeg
    310.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 184C100B-F003-4C19-B956-3CF71EC5CA39.jpeg
    184C100B-F003-4C19-B956-3CF71EC5CA39.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 928CAD4D-8F66-4900-B305-951F952667AD.jpeg
    928CAD4D-8F66-4900-B305-951F952667AD.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 103
This is surely a stupid question but I have lived in the Northeast my entire life so I don't know the answer. Do the leaves fall in Florida or do the trees keep their leaves all year? I.e. will the vegetation be the same year-round?
Yes, our leaves fall on maple, oak and elm. The palm trees do not seem to shed their leaves and many other plants stay green all year long.

If that were the case, wouldn't a photo of the campsite (for ex) taken to his parents to identify or comment on suffice? Hauling a father who hasn't said two words about ANY of this to a 25,000 acre reserve is a very sudden development.

I watched Brian Entin's video a few times to try and figure out what was in the bag the dad was carrying. It looked like something that was obviously heavy enough to weigh the bottom of the bag (so, not a change of clothes) and something that looked like it could have been the leg of a tripod or similar. I wish I knew but hopefully we get some word today of SOME progress. Fingers crossed.
Lunch?

It is actually pretty funny how people absolutely crucified the Laundries' lawyer for lying, even after he clarified his remarks, and minutes later CL is actually there, assisting in the search. I expect many apologies will now be posted, right?
I don't necessarily think he was crucified for lying, but moreso for constantly giving out inconsistent information. He's consistently released statements that he's had to amend later. I understand he's only relaying the information he's been given by his clients, but he's a lawyer, he knows better. If he's going to give public statements, he knows he needs to have his facts together before he puts them out there.

If it is determined there is enough evidence to go to trial, the prosecutors will absolutely use the statements he gives to try to discredit his clients.

Some leaves change color subtly and some trees shed leaves. But not like in the northeast in any sense.

Wowzers- that’s it! BL did not return to empty out the storage unit- he was digging a bunker! Which is why it took the whole week. Parents lower food down to him through a secret tube in the raised vegetable beds near the tomatoes. Then they sit in those oddly placed white chairs by the enclosure where BL messages them by making patterned ripples in the pool.

THESE FOLKS ARE OFF THEIR ROCKERS. This is what happens when capture takes too long. I hate to see what comes out a year from now if he’s still at large! Alllllllll moo.
Chris Berman - place this one in the top 10

The cynical side of me is thinking this spectacle in the swamp is something to keep the parents busy while the FBI is closing in on BL at his" real" location in Georgia or somewhere else. They don't want to take any chances that someone might tip-off BL, so they dragged Dad out to the swampland to keep him occupied. JMOO.

I'm not in south Florida, but I am in the south in general. Some trees do maintain their leaves, but in general the foliage does thin out through the fall and into the winter.

Hey everyone, a lot seems to be happening recently. JMO but could the FBI be letting CL in on the search to show him how treacherous the job is looking for their son, in case the laundries actually know where he is, as a guilt tactic because as viewers of tv we can only imagine how hard it actually is. Just a thought. I keep hoping today will be the day, got everything crossed.

There are deciduous trees in FL that do shed- oaks mostly. The palms, banyans (Florida strangler tree) do not.

IMO the only reason CL has been brought out to the reserve is because they are close to BL’s location and need dad to talk him in custody. They would not IMO bring dad on site for a body recovery because he would identify at the morgue. I doubt the FBI needs CL to track trails or identify a campsite when they have all the tools of the trade for DNA etc for that. JMO but I think BL will be caught in the next day or so…. Crossing fingers he doesn’t make another escape elsewhere.

My camphor trees "shed leaves" in fall and spring but do never go bare.

@mikerreports

Attorney Steve Bertolino tells us Brian is “a backpacker” and not the skilled survivalist #GabbyPetito’s friend described to the media. He believes Brian is still in the reserve — with no access to news reports about his own case.

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1446087518039035908?s=20

I agree and there is a vast difference between a backpacker and someone who is skilled in bush living. Those who are skilled need certain staples to survive and at best make annual trips to civilization for supplies, they hunt, fish and trap as well as have a solid understanding of edible plants and dietary needs and a solid understanding of what plants are inedible or poisonous.

Properly equipped, he needs snares/traps, fishing equipment, a suitable rifle with ammo as well as the ability to cook. Discharging a firearm or building a fire is going to attract a lot of attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal