Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
May have been posted already

The parents of deceased Gabby Petito, Joe Petito and Nichole Schmidt, visited North Port, Florida, over the weekend to take home mementos from a makeshift memorial for their daughter at city hall.

“Goodbye Florida …thank you for showing us so much LOVE!” Nichole Schmidt tweeted Sunday with a photo of a cloud in the shape of a heart. The city is expected to take down the memorial on Tuesday but will put a permanent memorial bench in its place.

The Petito family on Saturday retrieved a handmade plaque calling Gabby “America’s daughter.”

Goodbye Florida …thank you for showing us so much LOVE! #justiceforgabby #justiceforgabbypetito #americasdaughter

FBXnGG7XEAMQU_A

https://twitter.com/Nikischmidt927/status/1447316968101584905

Gabby Petito: Brian Laundrie search continues as her family retrieves memorial items: LIVE UPDATES
OK. Now, where are all her earthly possessions? jmo

The "recently found" campsite was stated by someone close to the BL family? Wow. What does that tell you! He's not there, obviously. All of this has been a ruse (as so many web sleuthers have already commented). If they started this rumor, it states the obvious. They started the other one about BL going there in the first place. I mean, they did remove the Mustang.

BL may have hiked in there for a short while, and then left for parts unknown. His parents may have retrieved and then staged the Mustang at the Reserve. Alternatively, he was never there at all. Remember, at the time he went "missing", or into hiding, he was not officially named a POI and had not been charged with any crime. Y'all keep saying that he's not that smart, but he was smart enough to get the heck out of Dodge before the Marshalls came looking for him. JMHO.

I've wondered, since BL's parents apparently were involved in real estate on a modest level, could they have access to a list of abandoned properties or properties that were unclaimed or foreclosures that were empty in a secluded area?
Same here -- I'm thinking somewhere in NY. Him being in North Port would be a bit too close, IMO. Another place on Long Island wearing dark glasses and a mask?

It's really not that slick. Burner phones are pretty elementary, and Brian would know about VPNs. Or the attorney would know too.

True. I suppose I was somewhat making fun of the fact that BLs' parents do no appear to be that "slick" period, yet have managed to assist in BLs' "getaway".

Anyone who watches true crime knows how to do these things. In fact, many true crime YTers' have VPN coupon codes on offer :rolleyes:

Hopefully the parents didn't go quite to this length though. Otherwise if they've given BL the means and method to escape, that could have legal ramifications for the Laundrie family as has already been discussed (just stating for the thread so I don't get a time out).

The hotel she stayed at has an airport shuttle both ways.

I was wondering how he got to the airport. So then he hopped on a plane, flew home. I wonder how he got from the airport to his parents house. Did his parents pick him up? LOL I guess I need proof that he really did fly home????

BL may have hiked in there for a short while, and then left for parts unknown. His parents may have retrieved and then staged the Mustang at the Reserve. Alternatively, he was never there at all. Remember, at the time he went "missing", or into hiding, he was not officially named a POI and had not been charged with any crime. Y'all keep saying that he's not that smart, but he was smart enough to get the heck out of Dodge before the Marshalls came looking for him. JMHO.
When JP announced that he was calling the police, and the van was hauled away shortly after that, BL knew he had no time to meditate, he had to GO before he was officially a wanted fugitive that's why I think he may have taken off as early as the 11th. I think he was running from what he thought would be a murder charge, though. I think he was too dumb to realize it would be for the card(s) usage. jmo

Why would it be important? It just doesnt seem to be important to me. I do not think BL planned to murder Gabby. Whatever the reason is certainly not justification for killing her. It is already evident that the relationship had some problems. On and off engagement. DV report. She was upset with him at restaraunt shortly before all of this exploded. So what if the trip meant that the relationship was going astray? Enough motive already, and no way to prove reason for trip home ever. Can't even believe any reports that might slip out. We can never know for sure. Does anyone think he and parents were planning this murder and his disappearance and a place to hide out? IMOO, I do not think so.

What matters is what happened to Gabby? How did she die? Is there enough evidence to charge BL with the homicide? Most important right now, where is BL?

I agree, I don't believe at all that this was a murder that was planned several weeks ahead of time, or that his parents were involved in the murder. I believe they are helping him now though. There is nothing to indicate a premeditated murder. You need motive for that, and he apparently loved her (when she obeyed him).

BL went to FL for some reasons, probably multiple reasons, in the middle of his trip, and who knows exactly why. It was not to plot her murder. That just defies common sense. He could plot her murder from where he was, he didn't need to fly home to Florida to do it. Everything I have read and know about this case points to a big blow-out argument in WY, tensions had been building up to that point, arguments were probably increasing, and I can imagine him knocking her out with a rock, maybe accidentally killing her in the process, and after that he just did a series of escalatingly stupid things, ending in driving the van to Florida.

BL is such a hapless, dumb guy IMO, I can't believe he got away from LE so easily. Everything had to align perfectly for him to do that. I think his parents came up with an escape plan for him because BL is just way too dumb to succeed with that on his own. He needs to turn himself in before his stupidity gets someone else killed or himself killed. His parents need to be told that !!!

JMO MOO

I just don’t understand where he is getting money from for long term, you would need a fair amount to last a while, long term he would probably need to get a job, cash in hand maybe, then it runs the risk of someone recognising him. Does anyone know if the FBI can look into the parents bank accounts because BL is now a fugitive or because BL’s an adult legally they’re not allowed? I’ve always wondered if they gave him cash.

I think it's obvious he's getting money from his parents, as he has done all his life. Where else would it come from? What would be interesting to know is whether LE and the FBI can now watch all their accounts like a hawk and see where money is going out and to who it's going.

IMO

When JP announced that he was calling the police, and the van was hauled away shortly after that, BL knew he had no time to meditate, he had to GO before he was officially a wanted fugitive that's why I think he may have taken off as early as the 11th.

Yes, it seems that the 11th may have been the time of the last independent sighting of BL (by a neighbour). Unless, of course, the police have other evidence that BL had not yet left the home. imo

Last edited:
Another day, no Brian. This checkmated search is feeling about as long as the Siege of Leningrad.

She was only 22. This has all the pathos there could ever be, really. Oh she was young, and it was such an ambitious trip to take, ... It's a big country, mine too, driving all over it, there are long stretches of either collegiate silence or the terrible tension of said and unsaid invective or the savage snarl of someone at the end of their tether... Brian was /is obviously ill equipped to deal with being denied , and , as Gabby so poignantly put it, even her apologies were said 'in the wrong tone'.. who can survive that kind of grinding down, when even your apologies, given to untense the situation, not because you did anything wrong are 'in the wrong tone'...??. .... It could not have all been merriment .

I don't know what preparations they made , did they do a course on mechanics and tyre changing and electronics for the van?.. There is some hint that she was a bit rushed, that he wanted her to leave her job and just take off...

And at 22 that's what one does. Done it myself. She can't be blamed for that. And should she have known what Brian was about?.. hell no, Brian doesn't know what he's about, although, if he's alive, he has a good idea by now of what he is about, I guarantee that.

I am sure that if Brian is on the run, lots of people will be speaking to Brian 'in the wrong tone'.. how he copes with that remains to be seen, but whatever personality flaws and disorders Brian had at Grand Teton, he has them today. Nothing generic changes, and his circumstances are a lot worse than what provoked him to murder his friend now than they were back then.
bbm
Very well said ... and so sad !
If I didn't already think she was robbed of so much ... now I feel even worse.
Imo.

Not BL. See the news link which states that it is a missing person from several months ago. https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article238112124.html
That article is from 2019
OK. Now, where are all her earthly possessions? jmo
i also would like to know this. Wouldn’t her parents want her possessions she had while alive and not just the momentous of her death? Would LE have them out of a storage locker because BL didn’t really empty it and put in his parents garage?

Thanks much for the announcement for the program, @JudgeJoe!

I do want to ask the Investigation Discovery people -- why do we have to wait until Wednesday?! :eek:...:(
Like some others here, I'm guessing, I got excited, sat up straight, and started to look for it in the TV listing, but then I saw the date (d'oh), and I settled down, took a breath, and sighed. :confused:
It's just an example of how starved we all are for some Real News! It's how we operate here, isn't it? :)
Go, go, go. Read, read, read, and then get back to Websleuths to share ideas! We're want justice for Gabbie and her people, and justice for BL and his people, too. Grrrrr.
We'll see what's what on Wednesday...

FWIW, I think it will be a regurgitation of everything that we know in Websleuths. I would be shocked if anything new came out, albeit new perspectives on our numerous thoughts.

My guess would also be Jon-Benet for having the most threads. I looked and it appears to be over 2700 threads about her case. I didn't check Casey Anthony's, though.

Obviously the JBR case is still a mystery and is decades old. My fervent wish is that BL is found alive, soon, tells the truth and gets whatever punishment he deserves if he is found guilty of her death.

The worst case scenario would be us here in 20 years still puzzling on this case and thereby superseding JBR's thread count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member