Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
As perhaps in his parents basement? There is no outside witness to him leaving the home. No sign of him camping in the wilderness that he was reported to have gone. Searches for him are already being downsized.

Well, there's no basement in that house and I bet he'd be too afraid he'd get caught if he remained at home. I'm kind of thinking he is dead, although the longer they go without finding at least a bit of his remains, the more I start to wonder if he survived.

Problem is, he's so common looking. I bet LE is swamped with false sightings. I was looking at an old schoolmate's Facebook page, and I wondered why she was posting photos of BL. She is in Colorado. Turns out she wasn't. It was just a guy that looked a whole lot like him that was caught on a cam stealing things from a front porch. Such a common looking guy.

Sure sounds like it was Brian, with the "hurry up" mentality. UGH. Did he NEVER really go back to FLA, or not for as long as claimed? jmo

His sister Cassie told the protesters (on the day she came out of her house with her husband) that she saw BL when he came to FL sometime during that week he flew back, but I don't believe she specified the day.
Video here
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1445219508130656262?s=20

What would've happened had BL NOT used GPs' card? Would there be any charges against him at all? Just a POI in Gabbys death?

What is BLs' status as of right now?
I think he would be a POI in Gabbys death. jmo Now, he is a fugitive because he has been indicted for the Federal charge of Fraud for unauthorized use of the cards over $1,000. And a POI for Gs death by homicide. jmo

A lot of those upstate ny cabins do stay empty except during hunting and fishing season. I know fishing season starts late winter/early spring, but I don't know when hunting season begins or ends.

IMHO, any cabin in any state would be a poor choice at this time of year in the Eastern US. What with the droves of people wanting to see the changing Fall colors and the abundance of hunters, cabins are pretty well occupied. This could be his undoing by thinking he could just bust into a cabin and stay a while. Nope.

Would you just stand by while your van and all your belongings were being carjacked right under your nose? I'd have grabbed me a 2x4 and let him have it.

Me too! But I don't think she even had something like that for self protection. It does not seem like she had anything at all for self protection. It seems like their fights had been mostly just yelling at each other. Then it escalated to the physical, hitting, struggling, grabbing, etc, and she was at a distinct disadvantage in strength. It's just really sad she had no weapon of any kind on this trip. Just having some pepper spray might have saved her life.

JMO

IMHO, any cabin in any state would be a poor choice at this time of year in the Eastern US. What with the droves of people wanting to see the changing Fall colors and the abundance of hunters, cabins are pretty well occupied. This could be his undoing by thinking he could just bust into a cabin and stay a while. Nope.

Is it hunting season? I have no idea when it's hunting season in Upstate NY. I'm not sure leaves changing has anything to do with cabins being occupied or not occupied.

I was wondering how he got to the airport. So then he hopped on a plane, flew home. I wonder how he got from the airport to his parents house. Did his parents pick him up? LOL I guess I need proof that he really did fly home????

There’s proof that he did-or lack of proof if he didn’t-at some point, I think we’ll know

Last edited:
Me too! But I don't think she even had something like that for self protection. It does not seem like she had anything at all for self protection. It seems like their fights had been mostly just yelling at each other. Then it escalated to the physical, hitting, struggling, grabbing, etc, and she was at a distinct disadvantage in strength. It's just really sad she had no weapon of any kind on this trip. She should have had something, IMO. Just having some pepper spray might have saved her life.

JMO
I don't think that she was aware of how much danger she was in and I don't think that she was prepared psychologically to permanently end the relationship, so she wouldn't use a weapon on him, or report him, because after that, there would be hell to pay if she stayed in the relationship. jmo She wanted to brush all the UGLY under the rug and hope for better days to come as a "team".

The homeless population has a lot of “eyes” on them. Street corners have many vehicles and buses constantly going by who notice and observe panhandlers. The subways are crowded with commuters, not to mention the many transit staff. Soup kitchens and homeless shelters — these are places that have rotating social workers and counsellors and volunteers in a helping role and it’s 24-hour service in those places. Usually the homeless are forced to be outside during the day and when they’re not on the street, they go to different kinds of shelters at different times of the day/night to eat or to sleep/rest. The police serving that part of the community are often involved with the homeless population in one way or another. Storekeepers get to know them because they are often panhandling outside of busy stores on busy streets. It’s not as if homeless people are invisible. I don’t believe he’d last long in that scenario without being recognized.

I didn't give a lot of thought to what I replied to you. I apologize. If your a NYC dweller you may know more about what's happening on the streets.

I haven't been to NYC since before the Pandemic and I avoid the homeless. Since the pandemic and the reopening it feels like NYC is becoming a dumpster fire and LE are constantly putting out fires and in crisis management mode.

I get the vibe of the 70's & 80's crack crisis is happening now but without the crack. BL could slip into the city (although I think he'd more likely to head further North into upstate) and just blend in as long as he's not starting trouble, getting into trouble, or hanging out directly with jmo

I was wondering how he got to the airport. So then he hopped on a plane, flew home. I wonder how he got from the airport to his parents house. Did his parents pick him up? LOL I guess I need proof that he really did fly home????

There’s proof that he did-or lack of proof…at some point, I think we’ll know
I agree, I don't believe at all that this was a murder that was planned several weeks ahead of time, or that his parents were involved in the murder. I believe they are helping him now though. There is nothing to indicate a premeditated murder. You need motive for that, and he apparently loved her (when she obeyed him).

BL went to FL for some reasons, probably multiple reasons, in the middle of his trip, and who knows exactly why. It was not to plot her murder. That just defies common sense. He could plot her murder from where he was, he didn't need to fly home to Florida to do it. Everything I have read and know about this case points to a big blow-out argument in WY, tensions had been building up to that point, arguments were probably increasing, and I can imagine him knocking her out with a rock, maybe accidentally killing her in the process, and after that he just did a series of escalatingly stupid things, ending in driving the van to Florida.

BL is such a hapless, dumb guy IMO, I can't believe he got away from LE so easily. Everything had to align perfectly for him to do that. I think his parents came up with an escape plan for him because BL is just way too dumb to succeed with that on his own. He needs to turn himself in before his stupidity gets someone else killed or himself killed. His parents need to be told that !!!

JMO MOO

Not so easily; remember, he knew what he’d done before he even got back to Florida, so he knew he’d have to run. And the police have to consider every possibility. It doesn’t surprise me that, dead or alive, he hasn’t been found yet. I do think he will be (dead or alive), unless he had a bad encounter with an alligator. He’s out there somewhere, and if he is alive, he won’t be able to avoid other people indefinitely.

Is it hunting season? I have no idea when it's hunting season in Upstate NY. I'm not sure leaves changing has anything to do with cabins being occupied or not occupied.
There are different hunting seasons in New York State throughout the fall, for different types of animals and different weapons. During the fall, the woods frequently ring with gunshots.
https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/huntseason21.pdf

When the leaves are changing, people from other areas and from the City do travel upstate to see fall colors. While that may not affect occupancy of all cabins, whose owners have often seen many autumns, it might affect some if the owners are renting them out to tourists or enjoying the fall weather themselves.

(I'm originally from upstate New York.)

JMO

Last edited:
I wonder how many threads on this case there will be in the end. What's the WebSleuths record for most number of threads devoted to one case?

You'd be surprised.. I don't know the one with the most threads, but this one has been hot, hot, hot since the story broke. Took me a week and a half before I could post here, it was going to fast. Threads would close so fast.. it was crazy.

The one case that started me here is the Long Island Serial Killer (LISK) that was huge at one time but I don't know if it's a record of any sort. It's not very active any longer here.

I didn't give a lot of thought to what I replied to you. I apologize. If your a NYC dweller you may know more about what's happening on the streets.

I haven't been to NYC since before the Pandemic and I avoid the homeless. Since the pandemic and the reopening it feels like NYC is becoming a dumpster fire and LE are constantly putting out fires and in crisis management mode.

I get the vibe of the 70's & 80's crack crisis is happening now but without the crack. BL could slip into the city (although I think he'd more likely to head further North into upstate) and just blend in as long as he's not starting trouble, getting into trouble, or hanging out directly with jmo

A cop friend of mine one time told me that it is harder to hide in the country than it is in the city, simply because in a place where there are fewer people, you’d be scrutinized more heavily because they all know each other. In the city, they’re all strangers to each other. But-he is quite notorious now, so I really don’t think he wants to see any other people if he doesn’t have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldGef