Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess would be that they are more certain the 30th text message was definitely not GP and believe she was deceased by then (also the content of the text was false since she was neither in Yosemite or Yellowstone at the time), but can't yet confirm one way or the other if the one from the 27th was her or not. Even though it seemed odd to her mother.

This is a federal case. I believe he would have to be indicted by a FGJ in WY for murder. We don't know if there is a sealed indictment already or if that may come later. If he is found before that he will still be arrested because there IS an indictment for fed charges of the credit card fraud. jmo

His phone was definitely working at the Moab stop because he turns it on and shows the officers his contact phone number with it. Probably he just let it run out of battery regularly. Enough that GP had to remind him to take the charger.
Right! Except that he said on the video something weird like, "Um, I don't - err - really have a phone." Then a few minutes later he pulled it out of his hat (pocket). If he had a phone and it wasn't charged, wouldn't a normal person just give them the phone/number regardless of whether it was charged? It was like he was lying to say he didn't have a way of being contacted, which is incorrect on his part and suspicious.

I'm inclined to believe the date of the 13th. If he's gone with no sign of coming back, parents can't protect him anymore and would go back to self-preservation. "Mistaking" that date a second time wouldn't be a good plan.
But how does SB and the L’s explain the AT&T cell phone purchase on 9/14? SB has contradicted himself. What date did he say he had a conversation with BL? I thought he said 13th or 14th. I am so confused with these switcharoo dates. @Keyedin

I'm already nervous about the coroner's press conference tomorrow.
I think it's being done to encourage anyone who might know where Brian is to reveal his whereabouts. I do believe his family may still think Gabby fell or died in some freak accident, but when the coroner reveals how she died, they'll have to come to terms with the fact that Brian killed her.

This is probably a stupid question, but oh well. If COD is revealed to be murder tomorrow at the presser, is an arrest warrant then issued for BL for her murder?
We don't know. Time will tell. They could reveal the COD without naming him or indicting him (or unsealing an already sealed and filed indictment). They have been very close to the vest. MOO. My only hope is that them revealing it (if they do) is not a signal that they are falling back on the hunt for him because the trail is so cold. And, we don't know what if anything they have on the parents. If they have something, we could possibly see something happen with them soon too. This would be my play to try to draw BL out of hiding. But, I'm not an FBI agent of course. MOO

Okay, but put on the other shoes for a moment. You get a call from your favorite cousin who needs you to help hide their kid who has just killed someone. The first few days, okay, they might not have heard about the case, but this far in, there is no way anybody helping him doesn't know he's wanted for the murder of Gabby Petito. It's a crime in every state to harbor a fugitive, you're looking at five years in prison if he is charged. Not convicted, charged.

Do you harbor the fugitive? Do you risk having your entire life destroyed for a nephew? Most people aren't going to do it. Or do you get that sweet, sweet reward money? I love my nephews, but I'm not going to jail for them.

Where ever he's hiding, they don't know who he is.
Which is why I believe if he’s receiving
help it’s a family member who loves him …
JMO

Right! Except that he said on the video something weird like, "Um, I don't - err - really have a phone." Then a few minutes later he pulled it out of his hat (pocket). If he had a phone and it wasn't charged, wouldn't a normal person just give them the phone/number regardless of whether it was charged? It was like he was lying to say he didn't have a way of being contacted, which is incorrect on his part and suspicious.

Oh, I agree with you. I was just correcting the idea that his phone might not have been charged or working at the Moab stop, as an excuse for his "I don't have a phone" weirdness. It definitely was. And he gave that number to the police for his contact. Which you wouldn't do if it wasn't working, right?

I get it, and I agree. I can see it happening on the 27th.

That said, we don't know if anyone saw GP at the campground between the 27 and 29th. Not everyone posts their sightings all over SM. It is hard to believe she was alive if nobody saw her, but I find it equally hard to believe that BL walked off and left the scene on foot, only to hitchhike back 2 days later. So he sets his alibi and then sends the Yosemite text to GP's mom and then drives back to FL using her card? Is that nonsense the best he could come up with in those two days?

bbm
Yes, I think so, for BL, he of limited imagination and logic.
I think he had to have been a little freaked, still trying to think up an iron-clad story for the 'rents, knowing that Gabby's parents would want info, too, um, that is, after he is in the wind. Grrrrr.

But how does SB and the L’s explain the AT&T cell phone purchase on 9/14? SB has contradicted himself. What date did he say he had a conversation with BL? I thought he said 13th or 14th. I am so confused with these switcharoo dates. @Keyedin
He said he spoke to BL on 9/13. I'd like to know what time he spoke to him, but we'll probably never know that.

I'm inclined to believe the date of the 13th. If he's gone with no sign of coming back, parents can't protect him anymore and would go back to self-preservation. "Mistaking" that date a second time wouldn't be a good plan.
Also, mistaking the 13th and 14th can be considered minor given everything going on, but losing an entire week? No way.

ETA: It is NOT minor, but between mixing up the 13th and 14th or the 6th/7th and 14th, it would be a much easier explained discrepancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
-nyx-