Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito: Attorneys say first-degree murder charge likely after autopsy result

A former prosecutor said Tuesday that the Grand Teton County coroner's ruling that Gabby Petito's homicide was caused by strangulation will likely result in a first-degree murder charge for whoever is arrested in the 22-year-old's death.

"It almost always gets you first-degree murder because premeditation can be formed in an instant," Mark Eiglarsh, a criminal defense attorney and former Miami-Dade County prosecutor, told Fox News on Tuesday.

"You put your hands around the neck, that’s an unwanted touching, that’s simple battery or assault. Then you start to squeeze, your argument could be, ‘Well, I just wanted to scare them.' But then you contuse to affix pressure… There’s a certain amount of minimal time that someone needs to do that before somebody is dead," Eiglarsh said.

"I think there’s a strong argument that if premeditation didn’t exist prior to the physical contact, it certainly was developed at some point during the strangulation."

We don’t know the full scope but I do think circumstantial evidence paints the picture and it is usually presented with physical evidence. I was saying if they have DNA as well as circumstantial that could sway a jury, what more could persuade other than a photo of him doing the deed, most cases don’t have things like that so circumstantial evidence shows you what could have happened. IF they have his DNA around her throat as well as all the circumstantial evidence why wouldn’t that sway a jury?
ETA MOO

If it were presented with other evidence that is less than circumstantial I think it could.

If BL is found and prosecuted, whoever tries the case will have a big job cut out for them. And just like in the Casey A case, they need to think very hard about what charges to bring against him because that is also something members of a jury will take into consideration.

I would never be selected by the side of prosecution because of my very strict beliefs when it comes to the death penalty. But if they go for a lesser charge that would be life in prison if found guilty, then that’s another story.

For a while I doubted the date he disappeared (both the Sept 13 & 14 versions). I had thought perhaps he took off on the 6th from DeSoto. However, given what we know about the cause of death, I now think he likely did leave the house on or around Sept 13. I think he arrived home with cuts & bruises & was hiding until those resolved.

I think that's why he wouldn't speak to the police when they visited re the missing person report, nor give them the keys to take the van (so they had to tow it). He must not have had severe marks on his face, or the people who gave him rides likely would have noticed it. But I think he had marks on his arms & hands. Which I feel the parents likely saw. Which in turn is a good explanation for the silence & lawyering up. (I don't mean silence to media or the public, as we're not owed that; I'm talking about Gabby's family & LE.)

JMO
Could be either way... Chris Watts had zero defensive wounds.

Men are very good actors and them falling for you is intoxicating...then they inexplicably flip. Happened to me several times, now I'm old and jaded. Makes me mad when people say women choose bad men...I say these men are very good actors, they manipulate loving women to get what they want (yes women do it to but in this case the manipulator is a man.)
Absolutely, yes. It’s a rude and horrifying awakening for many a young, vulnerable woman.

Well, one thing he cannot change is that tooth of his on his upper left. No hair or beard growing, nor color change, is going to change that tooth. Well, unless he wears a mask at all times since that'll hide it. I somehow don't think he's going to think of his tooth giving him away in regards to his looks. He's probably thinking more about head and facial hair.

It seems like it's not lined up with the other teeth and more inward, leaving a bit of a gap. Plus, it's longer than the other teeth. Also the way his mouth moves when you're looking at that tooth. I can't explain that part. lol I tried capturing some images the best I could from the second body cam video. They start ~:24 seconds in.

Source: In second bodycam video, Gabby Petito tells police she hit Brian Laundrie before he hit her
Reminds me of a vampire. I can’t help it.

We're not gonna know anything until he is found and anything we do find out will not lead us to his current location.
I'm struggling to make myself believe there is a chance he is still alive at this stage.
I believe he’s alive because he’s all about control & superiority. I realize some whackjobs try to imortalize themselves through death, but I think he’d take greater pleasure outsmarting all on the run. Smug sob. I think he’s holed up somewhere rural, chopping wood & hauling buckets of water. Like in the movie “Land”. Satisfied- for now. He’ll screw up though in time. Jmo

For a while I doubted the date he disappeared (both the Sept 13 & 14 versions). I had thought perhaps he took off on the 6th from DeSoto. However, given what we know about the cause of death, I now think he likely did leave the house on or around Sept 13. I think he arrived home with cuts & bruises & was hiding until those resolved.

I think that's why he wouldn't speak to the police when they visited re the missing person report, nor give them the keys to take the van (so they had to tow it). He must not have had severe marks on his face, or the people who gave him rides likely would have noticed it. But I think he had marks on his arms & hands. Which I feel the parents likely saw. Which in turn is a good explanation for the silence & lawyering up. (I don't mean silence to media or the public, as we're not owed that; I'm talking about Gabby's family & LE.)

JMO
Figuring....was it you who found the wagon trail from Spread Creek to Colter Bay Village? If not do you know who did? jmo

i agree...the reason i don't believe the black item is where Gabby's body was found is because KSL said they would not show that portion of the footage, but that black item is still visible in the news report from 10/12 showing their helicopter footage from 9/19...

BBM
Above is the FB link that I find to be clear and includes the footage I'm referring to below.

Yes. And if we watch the footage longer, search & rescue dudes turn and walk away from the tent & black/orange thing... toward the upper left part of the screen.

The entire footage is from different angles at different times so I had to use the dude in the yellow jacket as my fairly stationary point to figure out where they were walking towards.

There is a part of the footage where the heli cuts away and goes directly to the dudes on horses crossing water. That is where they edited the footage, imo, to leave her body out. I believe her body, at that moment of the footage, before cutting away, was in the upper right of our screen, prior to editing.

Attached are screenshots of the footage in sequence with red circles indicating where Gabby's remains actually are, imo.
Remember The dude in the yellow jacket is our stationary point.
I've marked red circles to indicate where I believe the area of Gabby's remains were.

Later in the footage, notice they all start walking away from the tent & that orange & black thing, toward where I believe Gabby's remains are. (Inside the red circle)

I could be totally off so thoughts and opinions are welcome.

Attachments

• 1 Yellow dude 1.png
    1 Yellow dude 1.png
    881.5 KB · Views: 422
  • 2 Yellow dude 2.png
    2 Yellow dude 2.png
    948 KB · Views: 425
  • 3 Yellow dude 3.png
    3 Yellow dude 3.png
    964.2 KB · Views: 418
  • 4 Cut away to horses.png
    4 Cut away to horses.png
    737.8 KB · Views: 387
  • 5 Yellow dude - Walk toward Gabby.png
    5 Yellow dude - Walk toward Gabby.png
    907.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 6 Yellow dude - All Walk toward Gabby.png
    6 Yellow dude - All Walk toward Gabby.png
    867.4 KB · Views: 288
The Moab stop is really telling. BL slapped and fought in public what did he do behind closed doors!!!
Anyone that’s had a ring side seat to DV is painfully aware of how wild things can and do get behind those doors . And how predictable BL’s reaction to police is. The greatest tragedy in it all may be, if there was a pattern of DV, GP’s family seemed to have no idea. Which would be pretty typical. All MOO

To take the childhood issues even further- why aren't the parents, who were the last people to see BL alive, being investigated in his disappearance? Who's to say the parents didn't decide to do away with the monster after he did the unspeakable? Perhaps their silence is because they don't want anyone to figure out what THEY did? Not likely but possible. IMO.
My mind has gone there, too, with the way they've been acting:
- The attorney was the one to report BL missing, not his parents.
- We have very sparse details available about his disappearance (what time he left, what clothes he was wearing, etc)
- They initially gave the wrong date for when he'd supposedly left their home.
- They removed the Mustang--presumably BL's means of transportation--from the preserve
- They had to be asked to join the search for their son.
- There were two 9-1-1 calls to their house on the 10th (Who placed the calls, and why? [speculation: could this be when they found out the truth, sparking a confrontation?])
- Their demeanor toward their daughter has changed markedly between the camping trip at Fort De Soto and now, when they won't even speak to her
- BL has still not been found, nor was there any sign of him having been camped out at the preserve

Obviously, there could be other possible explanations for these things, but the longer he remains missing, the less likely I think it is that he's alive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member