Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Walsh says he thinks Brian Laundrie is hiding out in Mexico after getting help from family | Daily Mail Online
What are your thoughts on John Walsh’s theory BL is in Mexico? He said on the ID program that aired last night that he thinks the Laundries took him to the Mexico border and dropped him off after the “camping trip”.

If they are smart, they wouldn't have done that.

Easier to give him money, claim no involvement, and tell him to take a boat to Mexico.
He would get there a lot quicker that way.

What the internet thinks Brian Laundrie may look like now

brian-laundrie-transformation-17.jpg

The hairy iterations of what people think Laundrie now looks like come after famed forensic artist Lois Gibson showed the Sun sketches showing the effects his time on the lam could have had on him.

“I have my opinions. He’s trying to make it a survival thing, which is likely to involve camping,” the 39-year-old artist, who holds a Guinness World Record for the most ever identifications by a forensic artist, told the outlet.

brian-laundrie-transformation-18.jpg

brian-laundrie-transformation-16.jpg
BL could never produce that much hair on his head unless he glued it on.

amateur opinion and speculation

Yes, but the parents could tell LE whatever Brian told them when he arrived home on the 1st. They could have let LE in the house on the 11th to talk to Brian, assuming he was at home. They could have called Gabby’s family on the 11th.
I don't know if one adult can tell LE something for another adult. I don't believe we know if LE ever saw him there or anywhere since MOAB. In any case, I really doubt that the one set of adults can hand out a card that says a completely different adult won't speak to LE. But it's their mess to sort out, looks like a conflict of interest to be representing 3 different adults at once, all originating from the same household, with different potential problems with the law. IMO

There's been a niggling at the base of my brain for the past few days and now seems as good a time as any to put it out there...

It's been a mystery as to why the Laundrie's reached out to SB for help, but it occurs to me the answer may be glaring-- his specialty, REAL ESTATE.

Here's my scenario: During the first week of September, CL/RL reach out to old contact in NY for a remote location tied up in an estate dispute or some such. BL returns home to Florida in order to grab a substantial amount of cash (not uncommon to have a safe with several thousand dollars available) and procure a fake ID. They arrange to stock the place with months and months of supplies so he doesn't need to surface at all. He goes camping with the family and leaves right after that (Sept. 7?), gets situated in his new life before Gabby is even reported missing, law enforcement and the public are not looking for him at all.

I tend to believe the location is north and remote, mostly because SB's professional life and contacts are in NY.

After the news breaks and he has come under the scrutiny of all, they concoct the "out for a hike" and scared for his safety story. The swamp becomes the focus until Gabby is found, then the FBI begins their work.

I think it's possible this new "person" is situated on some remote acreage, in a comfortable and functional home that is being supported through a lawyer's office (not SB's) handling it as an ongoing estate issue. He's probably on the payroll as a caretaker.

It's even possible SB doesn't know exactly where he is...

Deluxe.

No wonder Mom and Dad's biggest concern are the protesters in the front yard.

JMO... today.
IMO that's a very good theory because Steven Bertolino has said previously that he has known the Laundrie family for at least 20 years. Maybe they're old friends? JMO

This. This guy has made a hundred mistakes from the getgo. Slapping Gabby in public. Getting his *advertiser censored** snagged by the Moab cops. Acting like a complete idiot in at least two businesses with witnesses in each. Losing control and killing a girl LAST PROVABLY SEEN WITH HIM ON POLICE BODY CAM. Leaving her body out in the open near a family camping area. Hitchhiking within scant miles of the murder scene. Returning to the murder scene. Stealing her life, her money, her bank cards, identification, purse, van. Using the victim's money to facilitate flight. Going home to his last known address instead of heading in the opposite direction. Selecting the worst lawyer I've seen in years. Doing a runner, though lawyered up.
I'm convinced these kinds of stellar choices will continue as the case moves forward and eventually get him snagged doing something stupid.As far as survival skills goes...those tall tales begin with Brian who, by the ridiculously long line of screwups he's hatched has repeatedly proven he's a legend in his own lunchbox.

Right. The idea that, after all that, he's orchestrated some escape to Mexico, or quietly arranged a series of confidants that are helping him hide, or that he's massively changed his appearance and is just floating around NY/Canada/where ever... it's all so ludicrous. From the start i figured he was either dead (or nearly so) in the preserve, or was hiding out in a nearby empty house. I suspect, as the waters recede, they'll find him.

John Walsh says he thinks Brian Laundrie is hiding out in Mexico after getting help from family | Daily Mail Online
What are your thoughts on John Walsh’s theory BL is in Mexico? He said on the ID program that aired last night that he thinks the Laundries took him to the Mexico border and dropped him off after the “camping trip”.
IMO it's very possible that Brian Laundrie is currently in Mexico, especially because he could easily sneak into Mexico due to the chaos at the border.

Brian Laundrie attorney Bertolino slams John Walsh after ID special on Gabby Petito case | Fox News

Fun war of words:

"I absolutely believe that his family is helping him stay on the run," said Walsh, who also hosts "In Pursuit with John Walsh" on ID.

Bertolino snapped back at such speculation.

"Dusty relics like that Dog and John Walsh need a tragic situation like this so they can clear the cobwebs off their names and give their publicity-hungry egos some food," Bertolino told Fox News Digital, also taking aim at Duane "Dog" Chapman, the reality TV star and real-life bounty hunter who entered the search for Laundrie late last month.

Through a spokesperson, Walsh said he had no comment on the lawyer’s attack, while Chapman issued a sharp response of his own.

"It’s ironic that Mr. Bertolino would criticize the people trying to find Brian Laundrie, unless perhaps he doesn’t want him to be found," he said
I have to say…
Dog - 1
Bertolino - 0
Props to Dog (or whoever wrote his statement). 10/10. IMO.

It's a fact that the Laundries didn't have to answer for Brian because he's an adult. It's a fact that they immediately shoved LE off to their lawyer. It's a fact that they didn't permit LE to enter their premises to speak to Brian.

But IMO, if Brian actually was in the house, and had nothing to do with killing Gabby, he would have charged out of the house, flung himself to his knees begging LE to help, explaining that his girlfriend wasn't answering her phone, hysterically giving them every detail he could about where and when he'd last seen her, etc.

Wouldn't we all if someone we loved was missing and we knew nothing about what happened to her? So, for me, that is the Maginot Line. Brian tried to deter the invasion of the police.

There's been a niggling at the base of my brain for the past few days and now seems as good a time as any to put it out there...

It's been a mystery as to why the Laundrie's reached out to SB for help, but it occurs to me the answer may be glaring-- his specialty, REAL ESTATE.

Here's my scenario: During the first week of September, CL/RL reach out to old contact in NY for a remote location tied up in an estate dispute or some such. BL returns home to Florida in order to grab a substantial amount of cash (not uncommon to have a safe with several thousand dollars available) and procure a fake ID. They arrange to stock the place with months and months of supplies so he doesn't need to surface at all. He goes camping with the family and leaves right after that (Sept. 7?), gets situated in his new life before Gabby is even reported missing, law enforcement and the public are not looking for him at all.

I tend to believe the location is north and remote, mostly because SB's professional life and contacts are in NY.

After the news breaks and he has come under the scrutiny of all, they concoct the "out for a hike" and scared for his safety story. The swamp becomes the focus until Gabby is found, then the FBI begins their work.

I think it's possible this new "person" is situated on some remote acreage, in a comfortable and functional home that is being supported through a lawyer's office (not SB's) handling it as an ongoing estate issue. He's probably on the payroll as a caretaker.

It's even possible SB doesn't know exactly where he is...

Deluxe.

No wonder Mom and Dad's biggest concern are the protesters in the front yard.

JMO... today.
Not out of the realm of possibility. Plus, at the time, he had every right to go anywhere he wanted. Problem is, parents saying he went hiking in the reserve. They are deeply implicated if that is false. They didn't have to lie, if they didn't know where he was after he left, whatever day he left. jmo

From thread #64:

I doubt he put his fair share into her account. He's a moocher. She was looking to the future and working hard on the trip. He was just in it for the fun. Spoiled, entitled little worthless ____.
Some people share their money without counting how many pennies each put in. Each partner brings something to the relationship and if it works for them, people shouldn't judge or call one partner a moocher. By your definition, I've been a moocher for a good part of my life. But I know my husband doesn't see it that way and neither do I.

https://twitter.com/wflawalt/status/1448683668302671878?s=21

We are seeing a larger presence that what's been there in recent days. @WFLAAllyson will be there all day.

https://twitter.com/wflaallyson/status/1448715966171553796?s=21
This is the first law enforcement presence we have seen near the entrances of the search site so far this week. I stop by everyday. Sorry for the confusion!

Brian Laundrie search: Law enforcement activity seen at Carlton Reserve | WFLA
I don’t understand their search tactic here. They search, they quit searching, then they go back. Does anyone understand this and can you explain why they’re searching there again today after days of not actively searching there?
I still refuse to believe they’re searching there solely on the Laundries’ word. They must have something else that points them in that direction, but what?

Great! How much is the bounty reward? Figure out what that equates to in paid off houses, new cars, partying hearty, jewelry and four wheelers - in Mexico. MOO.

We can debate all day long why the Laundries didn't answer phone calls from Gabby Petito's parents. People have suggested reasons such as wrong numbers, lack of phone expertise, no voicemail set-up, bad feelings over the break-up, they didn't like each other, and on and on.

But this does not address the white elephant sitting out in their driveway - the VAN. You can go ahead and believe the Laundries had no experience with phones, or they were just introverts who didn't want to talk to the Petitos. Even if BL's family had no clue where Gabby was, or didn't believe Gabby was missing, they surely had to know that Brian did NOT own that Van, and that might be what Gabby's parents were calling about, right? Every time they looked out the window, that van was sitting there. Really they should have been calling the Petitos asking what to do with the van, not the other way around.

No. They did not necessarily know that van was in Gabby’s name only. Many parents try and at least partially succeed in staying out of their kids’ business especially when SO’s are involved.

Ive known of several situations where a couple or siblings , cousins, whatever, who share a vehicle, bank account, apt even a house and it’s just in one person’s name. Sometimes not in the name of the main contributor to the account , asset, lease, deed. Sometimes it worked out fine. Sometimes it did not.

My son was engaged for a couple of years before he married snd I was not privy to whose name was on what except by happenchance.

The Laundries probably had a lot to say to BL when he returned without Gabby, in terms of her belongings there. They may have asked what happened and where she was, but not pressed when a very upset BL said he didn’t want to discuss it right now. Given it a bit of time. They likely had no inkling of the horror that had occurred. It would not have entered my mind either and I’d have let it rest for a bit.

MOO, the tests, emails, etc from Gabby’s family were likely what let them know something was very wrong. And they chose to get professional help in dealing with it

It's a fact that the Laundries didn't have to answer for Brian because he's an adult. It's a fact that they immediately shoved LE off to their lawyer. It's a fact that they didn't permit LE to enter their premises to speak to Brian.

But IMO, if Brian actually was in the house, and had nothing to do with killing Gabby, he would have charged out of the house, flung himself to his knees begging LE to help, explaining that his girlfriend wasn't answering her phone, hysterically giving them every detail he could about where and when he'd last seen her, etc.

Wouldn't we all if someone we loved was missing and we knew nothing about what happened to her? So, for me, that is the Maginot Line. Brian tried to deter the invasion of the police.

BBM

But especially someone that was described as controlling. IMO he would go mad if he showed up at the camp (or anywhere else) and Gabby wasn't where she was supposed to be (in his mind). Someone like that doesn't suddenly wake up and think "oh she left me, okay, I'll just go on with my life then".

I don’t understand their search tactic here. They search, they quit searching, then they go back. Does anyone understand this and can you explain why they’re searching there again today after days of not actively searching there?
I still refuse to believe they’re searching there solely on the Laundries’ word. They must have something else that points them in that direction, but what?
Trail cam maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member