Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was in witness protection there isn't a hope in hell anybody would have spent in excess of a million searching a mucky dangerous swamp jeopardising lives.
I guess that would depend on what they want the public to believe they are looking for and what the end goal really is. Maybe?

Likely not at all what is happening, but it did occur to me as one of the possible reasons this is so strange.

Not even really an opinion, more of a "well, I guess he could be in witness protection, how the heck would I know one way or the other?", sort of thing. MOO.

For a normal older couple, I would not, but they are parents of a fugitive, who hates water bottles, and they bought a couple of cases, went to the phone store, the bank, which given their age would not be an immediate flag, but then again, their son is a fugitive. They are of the age where cash app, Apple Pay, they may very well use it, and then to ship a package via fedex. I do use fed ex and other mailing apps, but it is mostly them coming to me with deliveries from online purchases. The rare things I mail are for work. Brian being a fugitive, his parents at Walmart, the bank, AT&T and then off to fedex, are they messing with us or do they really have no clue and are mailing things to Brian?
I say no! That's aiding and abetting a fugitive? I don't think they are purposefully messing with us, but if we take it that way, they don't care!

This is very possible.
Or they may have had to wait in line because lots and lots of people do in fact go to the bank.
I'm shocked that anyone finds it strange.
Look around in your town.
Banks are everywhere.
If people didn't use use physical, bricks and mortar banks does anyone think banks would spend the money to build, staff, and maintain them?
They would not.
Banks aren't everywhere in my town. Several branches have closed because of the move to digital. jmo

https://magazine.northeast.aaa.com/daily/money/savings/why-are-banks-closing-branches/

I guess that depends on what they want the public to believe they are looking for and what the end goal really is. Maybe?

Likely not at all what is happening, but it did occur to me as one of the pssible reasons this is so strange.

Not even really an opinion, more of a "well, I guess he could be in witness protection, how the heck would I know one way or the other?", sort of thing. MOO.
No harm speculating!
The only other problem I have with it as a theory is that he never appeared to see anything beyond his own naval..IMO
But I'm welcoming of theories.

Banks aren't everywhere in my town. Several branches have closed because of the move to digital. jmo

https://magazine.northeast.aaa.com/daily/money/savings/why-are-banks-closing-branches/
I agree that banks are cutting back hours.
Our has as well and it's a pain because we use the bank so much as we own our own business and can't conduct business through the drive through.
The L's own a small business and seem to like buying a selling properties so perhaps they also do more at the bank than deposit and withdraw money.

ETA - Lots of businesses cut back or closed because of covid.
jmho

My mention of cash was a general statement, not a particular reference.

The only people I know who may go to the bank are folks who need a mortgage or a loan, and small business owners. I've had an account for 20 years, and I've never been to any branch of the bank which holds the account.
I agree. There's little reason today to go inside most commercial banks. However, I also belong to a credit union. It's always busy inside there. They have a public notary, safe deposit, loan services, etc. that commercial banks no longer offer.

I agree. There's little reason today to go inside most commercial banks. However, I also belong to a credit union. It's always busy inside there. They have a public notary, safe deposit, loan services, etc. that commercial banks no longer offer.

Yes, all could be reasons they would go inside. Also most atms have a limit as to how much cash can be withdrawn per day whereas if you go inside you can withdraw as much cash as you have in your account. IMO.

In my area, in the midwest, we have had two new stand alone banks built in my city and opened within the past year. I guess it just depends on the area. IMO.

exactly, imo i don't think this is some kind of one size fits all type of situation...i live in a town with a popular less than 20k, and there are 10 physical bank branches here...plus a few credit unions...just in the comments in this thread, there seems to be a pretty wide range of variants on the bank issue...

No harm speculating!
The only other problem I have with it as a theory is that he never appeared to see anything beyond his own naval..IMO
But I'm welcoming of theories.

Does anybody here truly believe there is a different vanlife strangler -- not BL?

Yes, all could be reasons they would go inside. Also most atms have a limit as to how much cash can be withdrawn per day whereas if you go inside you can withdraw as much cash as you have in your account. IMO.
I wonder whether their business has been affected by their notoriety? I wouldn't be surprised if it was.
I'm thinking they're gonna be making a move soon, either a prolonged camping trip which will move our stakeout to the seaside, maybe.
Or they will move to the other end of the country and the bank visit was merely for forwarding business address purposes..
Or maybe they are expecting violence from the protesters or pretending they are and want to put valuables into a secure place.
Lawyer's statement earlier regarding them being stalked or whatever in their homes could well be another gaslighting exercise.
SLIPPERY!
Speculation only.

The behavior that we're able to see from the Laundries does have a "We care about him and his whereabouts every bit as much as we cared about Gabby and her whereabouts" vibe.

BBM
Yes... Non existent

I hope BL is found soon.

I am still trying to catch up in here tonight ..sigh
You all move way too fast LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online