Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, if it is him, it is better than never finding him. I could not imagine always wondering where he is or if he’s still alive. If this is him, at least they have that.

Yes, I agree. And Justice would have involved many upheavals and re-living the agony every time a trial, an appeal, a parole hearing etc happened.

I'm quite sure that the Laundries didn't want their son dead.
I get what you're saying, but that is not necessarily true
Unfortunately they would not have many answers that they most likely want.
But they wouldn't have anyway. I suspect that the FBI will give them most of the answers they need.

Lying by omission is lying IMO. IF this turns out to be BL, these parents could have aided in his capture while he was ALIVE. Instead we know from public facing evidence that they withheld his departure for days. MOO IMO

you are so right. And then there is hindsight. I have felt very frustrated by their choosing not to speak, yet now if this is Brian, I am wondering if they just didn’t know what to do Because of feeling overwhelmed. I can’t imagine being in that position myself. They May have deferred to their attorney’s counsel as the best judgment. IdK. JMO

Unfortunately they would not have many answers that they most likely want.

There’s not a “good” ending to this anyway we slice it, IMO. I think it is better to have found him than not. I remind myself that if he was found alive, it does not mean that the family will have their answers. Brian can never utter another word or he could make up 100 reasons. My thoughts are with both families.

But everyone keeps saying the dogs can alert on a tiny bone from a dead person and it can be 30 ft underwater, so why wasn't it found before this if there's a body there? Just honestly curious? If they're so GOOD why hadn't it been found yet? I can understand SEEING things when the water recedes but how does it matter to a cadaver dog?
because dogs are not invincible.

Occam's Razor would dictate, IMO

Brian sees Gabby dead or injured
He goes straight to LE

Thus saving weeks and weeks of anguished feelings in her parents, evasions of truth supposedly to his own parents, stealing money and a van from a dead person, etc.

And I'd say that millions of dollars of taxpayer money would not have been wasted (U&I funding)

None of that would have happened had he manned up on day one. IMO

that’s not how Occam’s Razor works. What you’re describing is just plain human decency.

Occam's razor - Wikipedia

Enlarged/clipped Photo from WTSP.com. Showing BL carrying something early (no beard) during the ill-fated trip, I believe. The nose of the van is in the original picture too, this was cropped. The rectangular item is of interest to me, similar (IMOO) to the item in the bag found today. MOO. Just looking around, trying to piece together what is what. I guess we will all know soon enough, though. TY.
Purely speculation: in the clip this still shot is taken from, they had the hood of the van up. I *think* he is holding a socket set in his hand, close to his body. MOO

Enlarged/clipped Photo from WTSP.com. Showing BL carrying something early (no beard) during the ill-fated trip, I believe. The nose of the van is in the original picture too, this was cropped. The rectangular item is of interest to me, similar (IMOO) to the item in the bag found today. MOO. Just looking around, trying to piece together what is what. I guess we will all know soon enough, though. TY.
solar charger?

It would be very unusual to bring a dry pack for a day hike. I bring it when I'm going kayaking, but I don't bring it for a day hike.
disagree on this one. Ever since i got one i keep it in my hiking bag - especially if i go somewhere wet. Takes one slip, one unexpected downpour (hello Florida) or one stupid place to put it down to ruin electronic devices, wallet, etc.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Just because something is possible does not mean all cadaver dogs are trained equally, nor are all police agencies as thorough as others.

If this turns out to be Brian, the people in Sarasota and Pasco counties should be pretty worried about the search capabilities of those sheriff departments because they did most of the searching. The last time I can recall something found so close to where the search began was when they found Caylee Anthony about a block and a half from her home. Embarrassing, water or not.

Recall that the searches over water were dudes in boats and on vehicles with huge tires, speeding around. They weren't stopping every few feet and having dogs sniff the water.

JUST IN: A law enforcement source tells ABC News that investigators are working to determine whether remains discovered at the Carlton Reserve are human remains & whether those remains and other articles discovered at the site are related to the disappearance of Brian Laundrie.

So they’re not positive they’re human remains?
https://twitter.com/wpbf_jossie/status/1450900751543373832?s=21

Occam's Razor would dictate, IMO

Brian sees Gabby dead or injured
He goes straight to LE

Thus saving weeks and weeks of anguished feelings in her parents, evasions of truth supposedly to his own parents, stealing money and a van from a dead person, etc.

And I'd say that millions of dollars of taxpayer money would not have been wasted (U&I funding)

None of that would have happened had he manned up on day one. IMO
I don't think you understand what Occam's Razor is. You're describing being a decent human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa