Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious that, after all afternoon searching, they only found a backpack (dry bag?) and a notebook. Surely a self-proclaimed survivalist is going to bring more supplies if he truly intended to "live off the land." So where's the rest of the stuff that he'd presumably brought with him, and why was this this only thing found by the remains?

Consider the Conversation History of this case:
Domestic Violence
Find the killer
Legal and forensic topics
Role of family of POI

Now that possible remains BL have been found… looking at the videos again, the anger towards BL might be overshadowed by thoughts of how did this adventure and relationship of two young people go so wrong?

If this is in fact the remains of BL the conversation inevitably will change to:
—> Helping Young Couples to have a Healthy Relationship

and

What did the Laundrie family really do, what did they know, and when?
Did someone aid and assist BL?

They don't have to be. Grief does not belong to those we admire. No one can own it. It is shared by everyone. There is sadly an endless supply of it.

MOO.
Had the Laundrie parents cooperated from the start, their son would be alive, albeit in a jail cell, but alive.
Their actions from the start, beginning with not answering multiple calls and texts from GPs family, then subsequent purchases and a camping trip and refusing to talk to LE give strong circumstantial evidence to their assistance in a cover up and aiding and abetting their son. Strong circumstantial evidence that something horrible happened that would cause negative consequence for their son.
IMO they (along with Brian) are responsible if Brian came to his demise in that preserve.
All MOO

I own what I believe to be the same bag. The writing and pics on bottom left are instructions for using the bag properly. Moo

IMO, the black item in the bag looks like a GPS (Garmin). I keep reading they found a backpack...is this dry bag what is being referred to as a backpack OR did they find his backpack too?

Even if the remains were under water, the dogs should have alerted 3 weeks ago. I wonder if they ever alerted in all this time. jmo

Why do you say that?

Do you have expertise in the abilities of cadaver dogs in that situation?

I am not trying to doubt you but want to know if your comment has any factual backing.

I am interested in knowing when that area went under water.

My opinion

Curious that, after all afternoon searching, they only found a backpack (dry bag?) and a notebook. Surely a self-proclaimed survivalist is going to bring more supplies if he truly intended to "live off the land." So where's the rest of the stuff that he'd presumably brought with him, and why was this this only thing found by the remains?
makes me think, IMO, that he committed suicide early on, if it is him, and they just now found him.

Well that was a movie, and the guy was dead his whole body being there, but skipping a long story, she couldn't bring back the whole body or else.

But Brian has not been proven to have been in a swamp the whole time, if it is him. So I was making the point that hopefully enough of him will be found to prove he is dead, if he is dead. Not just some amorphous piece of "human remains". IMO

I think we’re in agreement - nobody wants to see conspiracy theories spawn due to a lack of evidence, there’s been far too much of that already.

I don’t think it’s medically credible that he survived an amputation (of anything, even a pinkie finger) without medical attention, in a swamp.

ETA: phrased another way, in a survival situation everything is valuable, especially your health and mobility.

While not likely, who is to say he didn't receive medical attention. Also some wounds can be cauterized, which would be extremely painful but possible. Who knows if BL has knowledge of some sort of off grid type of survival first aid or if someone in his circle does (such as someone who was former military). People have done crazier things to fake their own deaths and remain on the run. Hopefully the partial remains are body parts that he could not be alive without. IMO.

If he did kill himself, I really doubt it was "easy" for him. If he wasn't a depressed or suicidal person, he likely had goals and dreams, and he had to understand those were all over now. He had to know that his death was the end of him. Forever. I have no doubt if he made that decision that it was very likely the most difficult decision he ever made.

Thank you for understanding that suicide isn't "the easy way out", or "the cowards way".

Until a person has been in that place, they can't possibly understand.

MOO

Earlier today, investigators found what appears to be human remains, along with personal items, such as a backpack and notebook, belonging to Brian Laundrie. These items were found in an area that up until recently have been under water.
SBM for length/BBM for emphasis

What I cannot tell from the statement, and should probably take the comma out of the transcription to reflect such, is whether McPherson is saying that the potential human remains AND the personal items belong to BL or just the personal items. I'm leaning towards just the personal items since they said "what appears to be..." If they can't conclusively say they are human remains, then how could those appear to be BL?

@pcavlin @NBC2
Fort Myers Meteorologist II AMS CBM #871 II Former NYS first responder II Pilot

Weather has played a role in the search for #BrianLaundrie The unknown remains found today were in an area that was previously underwater. As Florida moves into its "dry season" water levels across the state begin to drop The Myakka River is already 4' lower than a month ago

Attachments

• 5BC47DA9-4553-4EE6-A2F9-69AC06B3E04D.jpeg
    5BC47DA9-4553-4EE6-A2F9-69AC06B3E04D.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 15
If indeed this is him, I've thought Brian was dead in the reserve all along.

He wasn't a sophisticated, criminal mastermind outwitting LE/FBI, US Marshalls, etc. at every turn. He was a disturbed young man who murdered his innocent girlfriend I'm just surprised he didn't off himself in WY after Gabby.

I'm so sorry Gabby's family and loved ones will never have the answers they've been so desperately seeking. BL took the easy way out and left a trail of grief and despair in his wake.

JMO

Amazing that they never found anything prior to today.imo. Unless maybe they did...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member