Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, the injury to Gabby’s neck was vertebral? Doesn’t the hyoid bone have to be fractured to call it strangulation?
Because there's no full report released yet, we really don't know the nature & extent of her injuries. Hyoid does not have to be broken for manual strangulation (there are other possible signs, generally speaking--cartilage breakage, bruising, petechiae in eyes, etc), but hyoid break is often associated with manual strangulation. JMO

Isn't death the ultimate justice?

Not in everyone's estimation. I know Gabby's family really wanted him alive to face our judicial system. Me, I'm not sure that his death (IF he's dead) isn't the best outcome for justice given who BL was. I'm going to hope, if it's him dead, that the family comes to peace with it by continuing to focus on the positive things they're doing in Gabby's name. I hope that ultimately gives them more solace than a trial or plea negotiation would have.

Dbm. Duplicate

Valuables Dry Bag
And does yours have clips on the bottom corner to fasten it more tightly or (*edited spelling error) to attach to another bag? I just don't see a tear, I see another polymer clip. MOO

no. Mine is not the type that has a pack strap attachment. I do not believe outdoor product makes that type at all. I have 5 or 6 of their dry bags in different sizes and styles. Moo

Wait, the parents found the evidence???
There are longer accounts than in this clip, re the movements of the parents in their search.

"According to FOX News, the Laundries discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to a law enforcement officer." 'Possible' human remains found in search for Brian Laundrie at North Port preserve

Because there's no full report released yet, we really don't know the nature & extent of her injuries. Hyoid does not have to be broken for manual strangulation (there are other possible signs, generally speaking--cartilage breakage, bruising, petechiae in eyes, etc), but hyoid break is often associated with manual strangulation. JMO

Thanks!

We, and Gabby's mother, all suspected that BL was a coward, and now we know he was...
IF the remains recently found are those of BL, his alleged narcissism and controlling behavior would inevitably assume his fate, and be realized as this: his inability to own up fully to his violent and criminal acts-- to take responsibility for those-- and to be HELD responsible, out of his control, for his own actions.
MOO.
I personally have no idea what I know after today. Would need a lot to be confirmed first. There’s been too many surprises for me to be comfortable assuming yet. JMO.

So the FBI just said they found human remains with Brian's things. It sounds like he's been there in the Reserve this whole time. (Watched live via Fox news link here).

And those people yelling justice for Gabby as the FBI agent walked away are not worthy of comment, IMO. There is a time and a place.

It does seem bizarre, but I really think maybe it's less a matter of coincidence and more a matter of water levels. Mother Nature chose the timing. Jmo.
I agree. But also idk why LE would have opened the park! That’s bugging me! Like they’ve kept it closed before when they were waiting for waters to recede. Idk why they would have opened it if there were other places to search. That bothers me. JMO.

Factually, we don’t KNOW. We suspect, from the little information we’ve been given, but we don’t know. Anyone who says they do know, and would convict someone based on our scant knowledge, should never sit on a jury. MOO.

Right... but again, this is not a trial and we are not jurors. So based on everything, I am entitled to make an opinion regarding BL's responsibility. JMO MOO and all that jazz

In my mind IF the remains belong to BL, I prefer the narrative that (rather than suicide) a gator got ahold of him and left a piece/part of him in the water...hence 3 tents today.
good call on three tents I missed that
as someone mentioned earlier, gators are messy eaters... i mean the only other predator is a panther, but gators make more sense. I also assume they would be able to tell if remains found were gator altered or if as mentioned earlier he some how. severed a limb. Plus I think gators would eat the remains of things (but for how long?) if their was blood present.

I agree. But also idk why LE would have opened the park! That’s bugging me! Like they’ve kept it closed before when they were waiting for waters to recede. Idk why they would have opened it if there were other places to search. That bothers me. JMO.
Could they have established surveillance somehow while the park was closed so that they were comfortable with the parents searching alone? Knowing they had an eye on them the whole time? JMO.

I agree with everything you said apart from, "All we know is that he took her life".

We don't know that. At all.

MOO
I feel pretty confident he killed her, pretty confident I know he killed her. Pretty confident this is Brian in the preserve and his death is his confession. I have zero doubts he killed her. MOO

Two young boys will read all about their uncle one day…
IIRC, Cassie said "protesters" were how their children first heard that Gabby was dead.
She and Hubs were planning how to break the news to them but the children found out in the most cruel way possible.
This came from the video of Cassie when she came out to speak with the self promoters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa