Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably because you've already read your quota of free articles for the week. Open it in 'incognito' mode and it should let you read it.

Thanks for that as a possibility, Dlk. It's not a site I visit that often and certainly not over the past week...

I could understand if it was just a register request to continue reading but this is a subscription request with a charge attached, which I never remember them having in the past.

If you have a VPN, change your location. It works for me but I have to change location after every article, so it’s a pain in the hoop.

Thanks, Betty. I probably won't bother, life's too short, and anyway someone on here is bound to highlight anything interesting/useful on there for my convenience! :cool:

Not where I come from as coaching witnesses is not allowed.

Not sure on German rules.

Particularly when the witnesses seem (imo and from what I've read of them) to not remotely be of the 'upstanding members of the community' category, and could potentially be coached to say whatever was required of them in order to get the case to trial.

If it is the case that this mock trial is underway, it sounds from Dlk's #375 post that it'll be just the lawyers themselves testing out the evidence to see if it stands up to official scrutiny.

Last edited:
My opinion is the man is a complete fantasist . Ask yourself how many people would even begin to think of confessing to killing other people even if they had ?

I have to go, at present, with the notion that his being just a fantasist has been ruled out since it's impossible to believe the BKA, reputation considerations at the fore, would continue to pursue him as their prime suspect without clear evidence that he's just not all egotistic, erratic talk.

Seems that circumvention has been fixed now as well :(

Open the olivepress page with your current browser and save it as html. Open it with an older browser like IE 8. It will "bypass" the paywall/subscription pop-up as old versions of IE (or other browsers) will not be able to render the pop-up (but will render the content of the page properly). Content of the page is fully loaded when you open it. You can inspect HTML as well. "Paywall" is just a pop-up over the already loaded page...

There's only 2 'confessions' that we know of.
1 to HB and possibly the other to friend 'A'.
Presuming the friend 'A' was the drunken confession in the bar, I'd suggest that CB was also drunk when he told HB at the Dragon Festival.
CB's inhibitions would have been lowered if drunk, this is when truth is sometimes usually spoken.
Fantasists (compulsive liars) lie about their achievements to garner attention on a daily basis. If CB wanted to start a conspiracy about MM why didn't he supposedly lie about it more often?
We know he 'boasted' about some crimes or the lesser crimes and went to great lengths to conceal others, until he'd had a few drinks.

It just seems incongruent to me that if he were just a fantasist, he would lie when drunk.

JMO
A reminder of an article posted a while ago, giving the pseudonym of someone CB allegedly confessed to in a bar.
El estremecedor relato del pedófilo alemán acusado del secuestro de Maddie

it really feels like someone is leaking this stuff - there is no obvious reason why HCW would put this out

On the contrary ! Might be a "preparation" for what is about to happen. Just my oppinion. I would dare to say that now in a near future they can claim that they did a mock trial and unfortunatly even if they are 100% sure CB did kill/took MM evidences are not enough for a trial conviction.

I did use my "time out" to read a little bit more about the CB/MM info including the "past" of CB and it's obvious that i did mess up big time on many things that I posted about CB like the rape tapes content (that aparently had 3 different "rapes" after all filmed on CB "place" and not on turist houses as i did assume without properly reading/researching) but after reading and with the recent news made public and other info i'm now 99% sure CB didn't commited the MM crime. So it will be interesting to see how this will end up.

Oh ... That CM (Correio da manhã) "thing" was a mess. Aparently PJ got some files from BKA to sustain the claims that CB was a person of interest on MM case, those files got to GA that in turn gave them to CM to advertize his book (my oppinion only), but the skype "chat" was simply re-used as a 2010 find on facebook or whatever. All of that is fake/improper news. Real info was already revealed to the public. The only stuff that was more or less "new" was the claim that GA made that they used an "informer" to get info out of CB (when he was placed in jail for the rape crime another prisioner aparently was a LEA member that aproached CB and asked him stuff like how to dispose of a body in PDL/Algarve, etc and later that "prisioner" was removed from jail to go to the hospital and never returned) and the stuff about the 24 yo woman that was killed and dismembered and that CB was a suspect and German LEA do believe that CB was the one doing that crime even if they couldn't prove it.

So CM doesn't have access to the German process file as claimed, no-one apart from the ones working on that process have. What CM does have is some pages from German process on Rape case, Woman that was killed and dismembered, Initial stuff presented to PJ when they claim CB as suspect of MM case and i doubt they have way more.

I still say the crimes they are acusing CB are not compatible with each other.

Rapes. If the Rape tapes do exist they describe 3 persons that were raped on CB Algarve house. One should be Italian, another English and the younger would be 14-16 yo German most likely a "problematic child" from the instituition of CB "girlfriend". If those were to be "real" and "real rape" I can see the German girl not reporting the rape but both Italian and UK woman wouldn't had trouble to ID the place where they were raped. They could return to the house of CB or tell police where they were raped and the guy would be busted on that time. So either the tape did never existed to start with (like i think) or the "rapes" were "staged" home *advertiser censored*.

Killings. If CB did indeed killed the 24 yo woman that was found dismembered he didn't hide the body at all and joked with "friends" about it. But if he killed MM way prior to that he then take some measures for the body to "disapear" for good.

What "media" makes us believe, for example on CT case if CB was the one killing CT (he clearly wasn't) then the rape tapes would contradict that because of the rape tape (if existed) he raped a 14-16 yo on his house and let the girl go, didn't had the "need" to kill her to get rid of evidence, yet CT was raped and killed.

PJ process. Aparently Germany LEA wants to get hold of PJ MM files/items but the "suspects" or "arguidos" of the PT process are completly different from CB and the only thing they have on CB is that they knock on his door and the guy was not there and they moved on, so it's pointless for German LEA to get the PJ files on the context of getting more clues against CB. What they can is re-examin stuff like items that are on the process and check for CB DNA or stuff like that but the "text" on the process will not help so one should be asking why would they want so badly to take jurisdiction over this PT files, and so on ....

Then we have claims and more claims that they are 100% sure CB is guilty, we already know that, so show us some evidence and take him to court ! But they will not do that because they simply can't, in my oppinion they don't have way more than what is already known. Phone logs that place CB on the crime scene, some confession made to old friends, maybe some text files describing simmilar crime/s to MM but would that make him 100% the guy who took MM when as someone already stated here on Algarve/PDL there were by the time a huge bunch of pedos ? This assuming It was a Pedo who took MM to start with ...

So I'm very curiose to see how this will unfold and how German LEA will procede now.

On the meanwhile i will go and comment on some other cases here at WS as my "final guess" or "final oppinion" on this one is CB was NOT the one who killed/took MM.

And it does look like as well that all the case is at "trial" by the Media and not by judges/court. CB is depicted as a "monster", to be fair he is indeed a "monster" to some degree but the Media does make it look like a very dangerouse "killer" and someone that in fact did kill MM. They write to shock and to sell, exactly how CM did publish that chat that was already known in 2014. The news are written in a way to show that CB is the MM killer, and don't allow for other options in the mind of the ones reading, they only provide the side of the story that shows CB as "guilty". They don't provide "follow ups" that show that CB did had other chances to make stuff and end up chosing not to do so. Also German LEA is declaring to the Media all the time while they would normaly be quiet. So it's what the people think that might matter at the end.
Maybe the goal is not to charge/trial CB but show to all world that they did crack the case and CB is guilty even without evidence enough for a charge ?
Also if they intend to do a simulation of the trial to have an idea about the chances that they will have charging CB wouldn't it be "interesting" first to inquire CB ? At least question him ? Because they can know what the accusation will tell but they will not be able to simulate the defence at all without knowing what CB would say.... And the list goes on and it does look like that instead of a "real" investigation this had turned out on a "novel" or something to assist on TV/News and it's very sad because it's a missing child that we are talking about here. Let's see how this will end but if i'm correct and if they are unable to charge/trial CB on a court this will be very sad and disapointing....

Last edited:
Thanks for that, I'd forgotten about DR, so does that mean he's confessed to at least 3 people, of the things he's done HB MA and DR
Perhaps there's a mix up in the names (or a fake name), not too sure how they got the DR name when it wasn't mentioned elsewhere but the A guy in CM appears to be from a PJ leak. It could be that both are one and the same person.

In the ITV documentary last July though, they did state that CB's bar confession was overheard by more than one person. In fact, they said the initial person who came forward to police was someone who'd overheard the confession and not the person CB was actually talking to. So I guess it's also possible that A and DR were both there and heard the same confession in 2017.

I have to go, at present, with the notion that his being just a fantasist has been ruled out since it's impossible to believe the BKA, reputation considerations at the fore, would continue to pursue him as their prime suspect without clear evidence that he's just not all egotistic, erratic talk.

One theory I think is possible, is that "the perfect suspect" talks himself into the frame via psychopathic boasting. So he is a local pedo. He is a burglar, including of OC. He is a violent rapist. He craves notoriety.

In separate incidents, he boasts of intent. Of involvement. Even of a murder.

Police begin to take an interest. The more they look, the more they find confirmation. Confessions. proximity. A phonecall. Prior incidents. Maybe they can even tie him to an OC burglary - exactly fitting the Met theory of the case. Maybe he can be linked to the Hannover prostitute.

So in this way they find hard confirming evidence - but never anything that will link him to a body - because his stories rest on a foundation of truth but are fantasy

I seriously doubt this goober murdered any girlfriend, for example. He strikes me as a small time loser.

One theory I think is possible, is that "the perfect suspect" talks himself into the frame via psychopathic boasting. So he is a local pedo. He is a burglar, including of OC. He is a violent rapist. He craves notoriety.

In separate incidents, he boasts of intent. Of involvement. Even of a murder.

Police begin to take an interest. The more they look, the more they find confirmation. Confessions. proximity. A phonecall. Prior incidents. Maybe they can even tie him to an OC burglary - exactly fitting the Met theory of the case. Maybe he can be linked to the Hannover prostitute.

So in this way they find hard confirming evidence - but never anything that will link him to a body - because his stories rest on a foundation of truth but are fantasy

I seriously doubt this goober murdered any girlfriend, for example. He strikes me as a small time loser.

I wouldn't say small time, just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member