Found Safe GA - Blaise Barnett, 1, sitting in car when stolen, later found abandoned, Clarkston, 10 Nov 2021

I agree it's a bit disconcerting but in one of her first interviews she did say it the other way around.

"......He just was making a quick trip, you know to the house, because it's right there. So the car....we were able to still see the car. Maybe 30 seconds he was in there. He came, you know, tried to come back to get Blaise and then Blaise wasn't out here. The car wasn't either."

Probably because when you walk out your door ... the car is the obvious thing that is not there, then you look to see if they at least took your child out and left them there. I walk outside and my car is gone it would be the obvious thing I noticed immediately and I then freak wondering where the heck is my little one who was in that car.

With some newer cars, a car thief doesn’t need to try the handle. If the side mirrors are folded in, the car is locked. I wonder if the car he was found in was one of these cars.

If not, it seems risky to go checking the handles of random cars in driveways. Maybe the thief knew the owner of the car and knew it would be unlocked? JMO.

Wow!! Thank goodness he's been located! I'm THRILLED to say I was WRONG!
I hope that in the future they'll take little Blaise into the apartment before the groceries (and also shop earlier). So many crimes of opportunity happen late at night or early in the morning hours. Little ones should be counting sheep by then. MOO
So glad he was found safe. Our grocery (a large chain, grocery only not a Walmart type store) is open 24 hours. With my schedule sometimes I have to pick up groceries well after midnight. I am extra diligent about my surroundings then.

Happy, happy, happy, to hear the news Blaise was found safe!! It looks like the parents were telling the truth as well, sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction.
Hopefully we hear more about the car thief that had a heart.
I’m so glad that he’s been found, truly a miracle. But I’m still not convinced yet that the parents weren’t involved somewhere along the chain. I don’t know what they would have stood to gain but something is very ‘off ‘ with all of this . I sincerely hope that his abduction is investigated to the ‘nth degree and that this handsome little chappy is the subject of a very thorough multi agency intervention to ensure his full safety because as parents, we all make mistakes especially when tired but leaving baby in an unlocked vehicle with the keys inside said vehicle, at gone 1am in the morning in a less than salubrious area is not a mistake!

I don’t know which seems more unlikely:

The car thief found the keys in the cup holder but didn’t see the baby in the baby seat, drove away, later discovered that there was a baby on board, took him home and cared for him overnight without a roommate, neighbors, family, or friends seeing/hearing the baby then the next day taking the baby to place him inside another unlocked vehicle without being noticed by the owner of the vehicle or any of her neighbors

OR

After discovering there was a baby in the car he found another unlocked car and left the baby inside that car overnight, without being noticed by neighbors or the owner of the car, and no one heard the baby crying.

MOO

Time to eat my phone. I did not expect this outcome, but I am so glad to be wrong.
IMO, don’t get out the ketchup just yet. Your words were, “if this wasn’t staged I’ll eat my phone.” I thought for sure this was a cover for an accident. I could not be happier to be so very wrong. But still, something feels staged. MOO

Well said. Various examples of staging/ arrangements have crossed mind. It will be interesting to learn of arrest/s occur at some point and what charges might occur.

Now that we've seen video of the car entering and exiting the parking lot, it's clear it wasn't parked where Mom said it was. Was she just fudging the story to the media so they look more responsible - "the car was never out of our sight"?

I’m still confused. How are they linked? Are the 2 charged with murder related to Blaise and did the think the victim is the one who took the baby?
It seems they haven't said how the three are related.

The deceased is a resident of the apartment complex where the van was found abandoned.

The two charged with murder have a very familiar last name. May be a coincidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back