IN - Emma Sweet, 2, (died), Dad and truck found, Bartholomew Co, 24 Nov 2021 *arrest*

Awe man why were they reported missing only after truck was found in water ? I hope that baby girl is somewhere safe
Jeremy Sweet and Emma Sweet were reported as missing on Thursday, but it is unknown if she was in the vehicle at the time of the location by the duck hunters. The vehicle was actually located at a farm lane at the end of Beatty Lane. Both individuals were last seen on Wednesday, Nov. 24 at noon. If you have had contact with either of them since then, please contact emergency personnel immediately.
Deputies now searching for missing 2-year-old in relation to truck found in river - The Republic News

I'm wondering if the dad was just wasted and has no clue how he ended up in the water.

Seems their lives could possibly revolve around Emma, since she was a baby. Can't see him intentionally harming her.

Last edited:
Emma Sweet has not been seen since noon Wednesday when she was with her father in the truck at a farm lane at the end of Beatty Lane, according to a news release from the Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Office.

Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched just before 6 a.m. Friday to the 1700 block of Blessing Road after duck hunters reported seeing a truck in the east fork of the White River.

The duck hunters found Jeremy Sweet, 39, of Columbus, who medics transported to Columbus Regional Hospital where he is being treated for hypothermia.

"[The truck] basically went off a 15 foot embankment into the water," Myers said. "We'll find out what happened, but right now let's find this little girl."

The sheriff’s office said it is not known if Emma was with her father when the truck was in the White River, but a car seat was found inside the truck.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/public-sa...orities-searching-for-missing-2-year-old-girl

I'm wondering if the dad was just wasted and has no clue how he ended up in the water.

Seems their lives could possibly revolve around Emma, since she was a baby. Can't see him intentionally harming her.
I agree, I don't think he intentionally harmed her but his possible negligence from his history most certainly could have. IMO. This is absolutely devastating. IMO

Bartholomew County Sheriff - Sheriff Matt Myers
Sheriff Matt Myers announced early this morning that the search for Emma Sweet has resumed.
We do not have any additional information to release at this time.
If you have seen Emma or been in contact with Jeremy Sweet in the last 48 hours, please contact emergency personnel immediately.
Although we appreciate all of the willingness to help from the public, we will respectively decline at this time.

Looking at how shallow that truck was in the water, I don't see why he couldn't have gotten them both out unless he was quite impaired. I picture him being incapacitated by whatever was in the needle they found, and, the baby squirming until she wiggled out of her car seat harness and floated away, with Dad none the wiser.

261887360_448918153261047_5411689146120350517_n.jpg

Bartholomew County Sheriff - Sheriff Matt Myers
42m ·
UPDATE —
After an intensive recovery process, the vehicle has been removed from the river. A search of the vehicle as well as the area continues.

I agree about something being off. On the face of it given JS's arrest history, it's like many other cases we see here. But this family has a large extended network and many friends who are speaking out and supportive of him. So just maybe, there is more than meets the eye to this story?

The searching appears to still be centered around the truck and river. No further mention of the possibility she was dropped off before the accident, but I'd wager that is still being investigated, to include the last person who saw them together.

Looking at how shallow that truck was in the water, I don't see why he couldn't have gotten them both out unless he was quite impaired. I picture him being incapacitated by whatever was in the needle they found, and, the baby squirming until she wiggled out of her car seat harness and floated away, with Dad none the wiser.

She might not have been buckled in - Dad doesn’t strike me as the most safety-conscious person out there.

If he did buckle her in and she wriggled out of the straps while driving, would he have noticed? It’s not hard for a toddler to wriggle out if the parent doesn’t properly tighten & position the straps.

JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back