Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

I know they don’t, but LE always start from the inside out when investigating. Those closest to the victim are always first on the list of people to clear before moving further out. One of the first things to ask is ‘who reported this person missing?’ And once they can clear that person they will move out to Ben’s many friends, any ex partners, his neighbours, and acquaintances. The fact that the large majority of homicides are committed by someone close to the victim cannot be ignored here. I am not accusing anyone by the way, just discussing how unusual the circumstances are in this case. The possibility of a stranger being involved will most likely be investigated only after everyone known to Ben can be eliminated. MOO

Images of the possible suspects not being released is something we can speculate about, usually you get an image with a message from LE stating they are looking for this person(s) as they may have information relating to a case, usually they say that this person is not a suspect but may have witnessed something important in order to encourage them to come forward. Of course every case is different and I am just going off what I’ve seen in other cases, there may be a reason that LE aren’t releasing much, but all we can do is wonder right now. MOO
By all account he has many, many friends. I totally agree with the "people known to the victim" (and this has elements of something personal, and yet random). So check out ALL friends, particularly the newer ones, but to incessantly go around, around about a single persons account in media reporting is something left to LE...not here.

I think we should remember that media like to , uhm, edit the info they gathered, if only to spice up the headlines, so some inconsistences are bound to happen. We should remember that right now there is no official POI, or suspect, and, last but not least, that ALL friends of Ben are mourning him right now, so sometimes it is better to take your hands off the keyboard, before you write something that might hurt innocent people who have to deal with a brutal murder of someone dear to them.

EDIT: As for the reason Ben gave to Daniel for canceling the brunch, we should take into consideration, that it was an excuse. A lie, in other words. Maybe he was pressed by someone, or by an unexpected turn of events to cancel the brunch and invent some explanation that would sound plausible, so he told Dan about being tired.

… As for the reason Ben gave to Daniel for canceling the brunch, we should take into consideration, that it was an excuse. A lie, in other words. Maybe he was pressed by someone, or by an unexpected turn of events to cancel the brunch and invent some explanation that would sound plausible, so he told Dan about being tired.

I honestly do not feel/believe that Ben would lie to Dan about anything but certainly not something like that.

Ben & Dan had an extraordinarily close, open, lengthy friendship that spanned decades. The strength of their bond stands as something no one has disputed or questioned.

Last edited:
I honestly do not feel/believe that Ben would lie to Dan about anything but certainly not something like that.

Ben & Dan had an extraordinarily close, open, lengthy friendship that spanned decades. The strength of their bond stands as something no one has disputed or questioned.

What if he wanted to protect Dan? From what you all wrote about Ben I think that if he was already in danger at that moment, he would keep his friends away, because he would want them to be safe. Am I right?

i think hexe means Ben came up with a “convenient excuse” to change plans. It’s technically lying but most people do it to even the closest friends and family members to politely back out of an obligation.

It's not unusual for law enforcement to withhold information on cases from the public in order to create logic traps for suspects or to surveil them. I agree that not circulating any information about the "trio" seems unusual and might lead me to speculate on a number of things. Perhaps those three were only car thieves but they're expected to lead police to the killers. They may already be in custody on charges that are not obviously related to this case but sufficient to hold them. That's also fairly common.

A lot of times cases that seem the quietest are actually the ones in which police are doing the most work because they already have everything they need that the public could possibly contribute.
I think the point being made, and I agree with it, is if there were three suspects unknown to the police on video, those suspects pictures would have been released to the public. That we are now almost a month out and the police have not released any video from the Sheraton of the suspects with Ben's car either means there is no video and the car was never in the Sheraton or that there is video and police already know who the trio was and the trio was unrelated to Ben's murder. There have been no requests for further information from the public, no video or sketches of people to keep an eye out for, nothing. That's either because the police already have all the information they need or because they've opted to not investigate Ben's murder.

I think the point being made, and I agree with it, is if there were three suspects unknown to the police on video, those suspects pictures would have been released to the public. That we are now almost a month out and the police have not released any video from the Sheraton of the suspects with Ben's car either means there is no video and the car was never in the Sheraton or that there is video and police already know who the trio was and the trio was unrelated to Ben's murder. There have been no requests for further information from the public, no video or sketches of people to keep an eye out for, nothing. That's either because the police already have all the information they need or because they've opted to not investigate Ben's murder.
Well if you're sure that's the point being made then I suppose we're all in agreement, though I think it's very unlikely they've opted not to investigate Ben's murder.

Oh boy. We are back to dismantling Dan.
Well, we know there were “friends” so we now know his husband was there. Ok makes sense that he spends time with his husband, right? So we have four confirmed in the car now. His friend aimee spoke to fox 10 previously.
We know there are camera footage at the Sheraton, it’s already been mentioned that security at the hotel said they have shots and others spoke to the front desk.
As we know with so many cases in MSM, every single sliver of fact is not aired in a 30 second clip. I’ve been on camera, and a 30 min interview has to be drilled down to 30 seconds to a minute of audio and video of the best parts. An open window now being aired could mean anything and it could also mean it was previously cut. What’s the insinuation in all of this? Dan goes on media and lies, changes his story, lies again, for what? The skepticism does not add up whatsoever.
@Another friend of Ben has been in contact with him and his family. Per the news, Dan has been in contact with his family, colleagues, and friends.
If Dan and his friends were involved, this would be an open and shut case. I saw “involved” because there’s no other implication that can be made by the constant ripping apart of every facet.

again, having seen much of this in other cases , the cops don’t just throw photos out there and ask for help especially if they might know who they are, because why would they? It’s possible they already know and are working on closing loops. There are a lot of cases that don’t go to wanted posters.

I believe the lack of information provided to the public by law enforcement means they are working on something and don’t want to blow it. Dan and they other friends have already been cleared. They have way more information than what’s been shared with the public to base this decision on. Not everyone that had contact with Ben that day has spoken to the media but from my understanding have all had contact with law enforcement at this point. I didn’t even speak with him that day but I shared what I knew of his character.

Remember Dan can only provide part of the picture and the expectation placed on him is a bit ridiculous. No matter how he responds he will be scrutinized. On one hand I get it because he’s become the face of this case but on the other we need to explore the other clues to see if that leads us anywhere.

If Ben’s family had a problem with Dan speaking to the media out of respect for them he absolutely would stop.

We are all trying to do what Ben what have wanted and also respect his family. There are things I want to do and say but will hold until I get the green light from his parents. He was their only child and this is incredibly painful for them.

There’s mention of the go fund me for the reward money. No matter how much is raised on the site there is still money available that not on there yet including my money and some others that will make up the difference of what’s in the go fund me to make sure it’s covered. I know Ben would have done the same for me had the situation been reversed.

I believe the lack of information provided to the public by law enforcement means they are working on something and don’t want to blow it. Dan and they other friends have already been cleared. They have way more information than what’s been shared with the public to base this decision on. Not everyone that had contact with Ben that day has spoken to the media but from my understanding have all had contact with law enforcement at this point. I didn’t even speak with him that day but I shared what I knew of his character.

Remember Dan can only provide part of the picture and the expectation placed on him is a bit ridiculous. No matter how he responds he will be scrutinized. On one hand I get it because he’s become the face of this case but on the other we need to explore the other clues to see if that leads us anywhere.

If Ben’s family had a problem with Dan speaking to the media out of respect for them he absolutely would stop.

We are all trying to do what Ben what have wanted and also respect his family. There are things I want to do and say but will hold until I get the green light from his parents. He was their only child and this is incredibly painful for them.

There’s mention of the go fund me for the reward money. No matter how much is raised on the site there is still money available that not on there yet including my money and some others that will make up the difference of what’s in the go fund me to make sure it’s covered. I know Ben would have done the same for me had the situation been reversed.
Thank you for all you are doing on here and elsewhere to support Ben's friends and his family. I know it must be hard especially while you are also grieving.

Thank you to the other friends as well who have shared your insights and thank you sleuths for continuing to work on this case.

i think hexe means Ben came up with a “convenient excuse” to change plans. It’s technically lying but most people do it to even the closest friends and family members to politely back out of an obligation.
I don’t keep company with those kinds of people, and Benjamin J. Anderson was as forthright & as honest as they come.

Please explain how they have "opted not to investigate Ben's murder". Are you so distrustful of government and LE that you think they simply don't do their jobs?

There is video obtained from the Sheraton. It may be "good and clear" according to the security guard in MSM accounts. Maybe he was referring to the CARS but may it was obstructed or occupants not clear. LE have pulled interior video as well from the Sheraton they are going through. As in the 3 might have gone inside at some point prior to the garage sighting. This was all relayed to me personally on two different occasions when I spoke to the Desk Clerk that was on duty New Years Eve.

Upthread a poster indicated video cameras at UEI, whether they were operational that late is unknown. The Super 8 has equipment, as to whether anything was of use is unknown. I know this because I talked to the staff there. So to suggest, "there is no video" as an option is not true.

Last edited:
I don’t keep company with those kinds of people, and Benjamin J. Anderson was as forthright & as honest as they come.
Yeah, I get the sense he'd be upfront like you say. If endangered, he wouldn't call to cancel a brunch, he simply wouldn't show up and then that would be the first clue in a missing Ben scenario...

In all due respect, I'm not concerned with Dan, Ben was murdered and where I put my focus.
I do believe if Ben's vehicle had been in the Sheraton parking lot, there would have been video released to the public. So either his friends are lying, or they were mistaken. I believe we're going to later find out that the vehicle his friends saw was not Bens. When people are frantically searching for their loved ones, they can make mistakes and I'm sure his friends were frantic.
I also think Ben was called out of the house, which would explain why his phone is missing. Since none of his local friends or family have said they called him or needed him for something immediately, it must have been someone outside of his inner circle. He sounds like the type of person who would run to help someone, even someone he didn't know well.
I'm shocked there hasn't been more national press on Ben's murder. A truck driver from out of state may have seen something, but without press coverage on a national level, people who aren't local to the area may not come forward.

Please explain how they have "opted not to investigate Ben's murder". Are you so distrustful of government and LE that you think they simply don't do their jobs?

There is video obtained from the Sheraton. It may be "good and clear" according to the security guard in MSM accounts. Maybe he was referring to the CARS but may it was obstructed or occupants not clear. LE have pulled interior video as well from the Sheraton they are going through. As in the 3 might have gone inside at some point prior to the garage sighting. This was all relayed to me personally on two different occasions when I spoke to the Desk Clerk that was on duty New Years Eve.

Upthread a poster indicated video cameras at UEI, whether they were operational that late is unknown. The Super 8 has equipment, as to whether anything was of use is unknown. I know this because I talked to the staff there. So to suggest, "there is no video" as an option is not true.
It was an either or statement- from my post "That's either because the police already have all the information they need or because they've opted to not investigate Ben's murder." In short, making the logical leap that police have all the information they need.
I had thought I read there was clear video, so that answers a question I had. Which means, since no video has been released, either the video showed a car that wasn't Ben's or that the trio with the car weren't involved in Ben's murder.

It was an either or statement- from my post "That's either because the police already have all the information they need or because they've opted to not investigate Ben's murder." In short, making the logical leap that police have all the information they need.
I had thought I read there was clear video, so that answers a question I had. Which means, since no video has been released, either the video showed a car that wasn't Ben's or that the trio with the car weren't involved in Ben's murder.
Ah...not investigate further (they have it figured out). Thanks for the clarification.

In all due respect, I'm not concerned with Dan, Ben was murdered and where I put my focus.
I do believe if Ben's vehicle had been in the Sheraton parking lot, there would have been video released to the public. So either his friends are lying, or they were mistaken. I believe we're going to later find out that the vehicle his friends saw was not Bens. When people are frantically searching for their loved ones, they can make mistakes and I'm sure his friends were frantic.
I also think Ben was called out of the house, which would explain why his phone is missing. Since none of his local friends or family have said they called him or needed him for something immediately, it must have been someone outside of his inner circle. He sounds like the type of person who would run to help someone, even someone he didn't know well.
I'm shocked there hasn't been more national press on Ben's murder. A truck driver from out of state may have seen something, but without press coverage on a national level, people who aren't local to the area may not come forward.
Totally agree with you on Ben was called out of the house.

I would think as they chased them down the garage and behind the Sheraton they got the plate number. We don't have front plates in AZ so I agree, if the car was backed in it would have been an assumption. But when they turned around and the Lexus took off they were in the chase position. They had the number from the Aunt from when they filled the missing persons report earlier in the evening.

The police have no obligation to share evidence in a murder investigation with the public. "The trio" may well be involved in Ben's murder but not as yet been charged because they are being pressured into or are already cooperating with authorities.

So upthread the Ben's bathroom window being open was mentioned in MSM reporting. Here is a photo of the bathroom windows at those apartments. It is about 18" x 18" , 2' square at the most. These are Casement windows that open vertically. A small crank turns a gear and pushes a slim lever to open them (after unlatching). From personally experience when they get this old they are a pain. Originally they could be opened almost fully maybe 75 degrees. Mostly they open about 45 degrees at max. the sill is about 5 and half feet above ground level.

As I was driving through the neighborhood this am. I saw the individual on his bike. This may or may not be an actual thief but it's a good approximation of the type of petty crime that might occur in Ben's area. "Opportunistic" thieves travel from Sunnyslope (N. 2 miles) or from S. of Indian School (about 2.5 miles) or from the avenues. Bikes get them down alleys, through obstacles and they can stash the small stuff real quick in their backpack. They see an open garage, an unlocked car, etc. and grab whatever they can hock (phone, wallets, bikes) or this can be a recon where they are noting homes that look closed up for a longer period or no one home during the day.

Attachments

• bathroom window.jpg
    bathroom window.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Maybe Thief.jpg
    Maybe Thief.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 88

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors