Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

I'm not sure whether the individual(s) who killed Ben are anti-gay but I am wondering whether the burning of the body is to hide DNA evidence that would be found on him. If the DNA was surface evidence it could have been lost through the fire. But fire doesn't necessarily destroy DNA evidence found in the mouth or other body cavities after a fire.

Back in 2007 a couple were kidnapped, tortured, raped and killed by a group of men plus a woman who kept them over a period of a couple of days. A terrible, terrible circumstance which would be a nightmare for any loved one to hear and listen to the evidence. Hopefully the evidence found on Christopher Newsom was also found on Ben and will lead to an arrest and conviction.

I also think it might be awful to learn that someone who may have been known to Ben may be peripherally involved in the murder since I don't why a complete stranger would be in his apartment with him. He may have left some of his belongings behind as a clue that he didn't go anywhere willingly which makes it even more heartbreaking.

Here's a link:

Anderson went missing on New Year’s Eve heading into 2022, and his car was later found torched in Phoenix. His body was discovered 30 miles away, north of Phoenix, after a man searching the desert for a place to target practice found the fire.

Deputy: “Is it a mannequin?”

Deputy: “Jesus.”

It was a rainy New Year’s Eve on Dec. 31, 2021. Early that afternoon, body cameras were activated as MCSO got a call that a body, or possibly a mannequin, was on fire off the I-17 and Table Mesa Road in New River.

The video shows a deputy climbing down a small cliff, piecing together what he’s seeing.

Deputy: “He might have slipped and fell, and I might have … but I don’t know what would have set him on fire.”

Deputy: “I think we have a dead body here, Sergeant.”

Sergeant on the phone: “Alright, well, treat it as a crime scene.”

Anderson went missing on New Year’s Eve heading into 2022, and his car was later found torched in Phoenix. His body was discovered 30 miles away, north of Phoenix, after a man searching the desert for a place to target practice found the fire.

Deputy: “Is it a mannequin?”

Deputy: “Jesus.”

It was a rainy New Year’s Eve on Dec. 31, 2021. Early that afternoon, body cameras were activated as MCSO got a call that a body, or possibly a mannequin, was on fire off the I-17 and Table Mesa Road in New River.

The video shows a deputy climbing down a small cliff, piecing together what he’s seeing.

Deputy: “He might have slipped and fell, and I might have … but I don’t know what would have set him on fire.”

Deputy: “I think we have a dead body here, Sergeant.”

Sergeant on the phone: “Alright, well, treat it as a crime scene.”

How absoloutely horrific, I continue to keep you and all his friends/family in my heart.
additional weirdness:
deputy says it looks like a man dressed as a woman? looks like fishnet stockings?

charges coming soon

additional weirdness:
deputy says it looks like a man dressed as a woman? looks like fishnet stockings?

charges coming soon
there are a few officer cam videos released by our authorities here in phx this week. I honestly am unsure why. I could not watch even the flames in this or look at the smoke, I just kept thinking this was someone's loved one. I think that extra information about his clothing was not needed at this time, and I feel that media utilized it for sensationalism. My heart is with the family and friends, God only knows what will be said in a trial, I just wish they would arrest someone already. His friend here has been so strong and such a great friend to Benjamin even after his passing. That tells me just about all I need to know about the kind of person Benjamin was. COME ON ARREST SOMEONE!

Is it remotely possible that BA's murder is connected to the Gilbert Goons I've been reading about?
This is a fair question, but no.

I had known Ben since the late 1980s, and I had never known him to visit Chandler, Gilbert, or Queen Creek areas.

While in AZ, Ben tended to frequent the Arcadia/Biltmore/Paradise Valley areas, & he was sometimes on the west side of town as that is where his parents resided as well as his aunt (who owned the Lexus he was driving).

additional weirdness:

charges coming soon
As DS mentioned in the television report, this dress is not typical of Ben.

I had never seen him in fishnet stockings/dressed as a woman either, and I have seen a lot.

We have shared a lot.

If this was something he did routinely, or even occasionally, I, honestly, believe he would have shared this with me.

I am hopeful we will find out the “why” behind this once the charges are brought and the person or people responsible are taken into custody.

I can only say, in my opinion, his dress at the time his body was found burning has got to have something to do with what occurred during the interaction(s) that led up to the crime, or it was part of the crime, itself (e.g. maybe they drugged him & put the fishnet stockings, etc. on him/perhaps put fishnets on Ben after he was killed & purposely only set his head on fire to make a statement and/or attempt to embarrass him/maybe he was aware so they could ensure Ben knew during his last moments that he would be found dressed as such).

Like everyone else, my mind has been spinning trying to make sense of it all.

The whole thing is decidedly strange, indeed.

"charges coming soon"
please let this be true. It's been 2 years.
It's heart wrenching what happened to Ben. I didn't know Ben personally, but he was a person I would have liked very much.
My thoughts go out to all those who loved him dearly.

@BenjaminJAndersonAlly , do you think once the persons of interest are identified, do you think Ben's friends will be able to recognize them from when they saw them in Ben's car?
No (not likely).

The above question assumes LE’s “persons of interest” and the individuals allegedly seen in and around the Lexus in the Sheraton garage are/will be determined to be the same individuals.

I am still not necessarily convinced the alleged suspect(s) in the Sheraton garage exist or if they do exist, I am not sure they are the prime suspects. If they are, it has certainly been on the dl and totally behind the scenes.

I say this because i have seen no evidence showing their images, sketches of their likenesses, video footage on which they have been captured, or anything “concrete” that otherwise suggests those alleged individuals have been actively sought after as suspects in Ben’s case.

Consider this … LE, this week, released hours of body cam footage of Ben’s burning body & the crime scene … YET … After 2+ years, we still have not been privy to the release of any Sheraton parking garage surveillance video.

WHY?

We have seen no video surveillance released from in or around the Super 8 parking lot. Why?

Any footage in or around the UEI parking lot that may have been indicative of who dropped the Lexus there/who burned the car? None available or at least none provided with the exception of the Citizens App/the car already burning/media reports after it had been burned.

I have never understood why LE has not released any and all available surveillance footage in order to solicit the public’s assistance with the hope of potentially identifying any of these alleged suspects that were supposedly part of said trio.

Circling back to your original question … If one were to accept it, as fact, that the trio does exist (as allegedly described as having been spotted that night), I still do not think “the friends” would likely be able to identify them, now, with any level of certainty.

With what has been said in MSM, it sounds like, in my opinion, they may not have gotten too good a look/not a lengthy look at the alleged suspects in the garage. There were variances in their accounts & in the subjects’ description(s). In MSM descriptions of the events that transpired, there was a lot of haste involved, adrenaline, etc. I expect the garage was likely pretty dimly lit … I doubt they would be able to identify them with any level of confidence following such a brief spot, a car chase … What was generally, by all counts, an extraordinarily stressful escapade. MOO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back