Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

Every time I'm notified of a post in this thread I'm hopeful that it's about an arrest.
Same here!! I hold my breath as I click on it…
I wish we knew what law enforcement does. It makes me wonder how many cases do they know who did it, but just can’t prove it? I hope that is not the case here and someone will talk eventually.

Every day on the news here, there are 2 to 3 homicides anymore, they are just overwhelmed I think , we constantly hear body found in phoenix, but we never hear anymore :( I am sure lots of families are just waiting.

Every day on the news here, there are 2 to 3 homicides anymore, they are just overwhelmed I think , we constantly hear body found in phoenix, but we never hear anymore :( I am sure lots of families are just waiting.
It’s not just there. It’s everywhere. In Tampa it’s shootings constantly. Every once and a while you hear about an arrest. It’s really sad.

Police have never released any video in this case, correct? I find that unfathomable given how long it's been, somebody from the public might know something. If the case is stalled, let the public help!

I hope that it's a case where police are working furiously behind the scenes, and we will be surprised when there's an arrest, but I'm not hopeful.

I saw this story from California today that sounded eerily familiar. A group of 3 lured a victim by posing a female as a stranded motorist. They allegedly carjacked him, tied him up, and set him on fire. Fortunately the victim survived, but the suspects are still out there and not ID’d.

I saw this story from California today that sounded eerily familiar. A group of 3 lured a victim by posing a female as a stranded motorist. They allegedly carjacked him, tied him up, and set him on fire. Fortunately the victim survived, but the suspects are still out there and not ID’d.

This is extremely similar!! I haven’t been on this site recently so I am not sure how to say this so it follows the proper guidelines. In the beginning of this thread, there was speculation that something similar happened when Ben went to pick up a prescription for a family member.
Should this case be shared with California police or Phoenix police?

This is extremely similar!! I haven’t been on this site recently so I am not sure how to say this so it follows the proper guidelines. In the beginning of this thread, there was speculation that something similar happened when Ben went to pick up a prescription for a family member.
I forwarded the article to DS.

I forwarded the article to DS.
I read the story and it didn't say if they actually robbed him so I don't understand if they had a car why take his and ditch it only a few miles away. Unless, it was used in a different crime in the interval in a different jurisdiction. I gave McCrackenator the Report # (so he can file it with MCSO).

I don't have leanings either way on whether this was targeted or random. I could make a case for both scenarios. I suspect LE has more info than they've released and I am hoping that's why they are staying so quiet. It can take a long time to gather evidence and make a solid case.

When I see Ben's smile, it breaks my heart. He looks so happy and like someone you'd love to be around. It's difficult to imagine anyone wanting to harm a man who appears so kind and friendly. I wish calm, strength, and peace for those who care about him.

IMO, the theory of the potential overnight guest or morning crime is weakened by the finding of the wet towel.

I know in my house, even a sopping wet towel set out at 9am would be quite dry by 6:45pm. Especially so if the towel was just damp from being used post-shower.

The wet towel suggests (to me) that Benjamin, or perhaps someone else, was in his place sometime in the afternoon.
I hung some damp towels on a drying rack last night. They are still damp this morning.

I also had an ex who would leave damp towels on the bed post shower. I got tired of removing them and would just nudge them over to their side of the bed :) They stayed damp all day.

I really don’t understand why Benjamin was murdered per se, but I particularly don’t understand why he was murdered in such a strange way. He just sounds like he was such a lovely man, someone I’d want to be friends with. His friends are incredibly loyal and that says a lot about Ben. He chose friends who are nice people.

The whole case is bizarre. The issue that bothers me most is why his murder was so complicated. He could have been killed at his home or numerous other ways. Were the 3 strangers seen by Ben’s friends in his car, all involved in his murder? Why would it need so many people?

Driving around in his car, indicates that those people were either incredibly stupid and didn’t realise that cars have tracking, or, they thought Ben’s disappearance wouldn’t be noticed for a while.

Why set Ben on fire? Was it to hide evidence of the people who attacked him? Was it to delay his identification? Is it evidence of this being a targeted murder? Similar to how many domestic murders involve serious damage to he victims’s face?

It’s very possible that the killer/s wanted to delay both his disappearance and the discovery of his body. But, why?

Still have not given up hope.
Please do not ever give up! Answers are out there. I followed this case as it was happening and read all the social media posts from Ben’s friends. He was incredibly loved and obviously an amazing person would an equally amazing group of friends. Keep fighting for answers. I believe Justice will come! You all deserve it.

Please do not ever give up! Answers are out there. I followed this case as it was happening and read all the social media posts from Ben’s friends. He was incredibly loved and obviously an amazing person would an equally amazing group of friends. Keep fighting for answers. I believe Justice will come! You all deserve it.
Thank you.

I am so happy for Lauren Heike’s family having had Phoenix PD apprehend a suspect so quickly (about a week) following her murder.

May you rest in peace, beautiful Lauren.

To have that suspect, Zion Teasley, in custody … that piece that we are lacking in our case … is such a relief to both the family as well as to the surrounding community.

Thank goodness her family will not need to continue as we have, not knowing who did this to our loved one, why, etc. and the fear of the awareness that this person who did this to Ben is likely still out there.

It is painful to watch time tick on with no breaks in our case, no arrests, etc.

Last edited:
Thank you.

I am so happy for Lauren Heike’s family having had Phoenix PD apprehend a suspect so quickly (about a week) following her murder.

May you rest in peace, beautiful Lauren.

To have that suspect, Zion Teasley, in custody … that piece that we are lacking in our case … is such a relief to both the family as well as to the surrounding community.

Thank goodness her family will not need to continue as we have, not knowing who did this to our loved one, why, etc. and the fear of the awareness that this person who did this to Ben is likely still out there.

It is painful to watch time tick on with no breaks in our case, no arrests, etc.
Who all here thinks it’s time for a private investigator to be called in to help find some justice for Ben?

I don't think there is a ton of info, I will tell you every area of phoenix right now is exploding with homeless , and a lot of criminal activity takes place and the transient nature of the population makes it easy for a criminal to blend in with that group and hide in plain site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back