Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

This could be completely unrelated but 2 men were found shot dead at 1-17 and Peoria Ave which is near where Ben's car was found.

Yes. I was looking at this as well. But what's more interesting is the body found back in February in Glendale, Grayson Hancotte. He's roughly the same build and age demographic of the people hanging out around the Super 8 and all along the frontage road. (of course, so were these two...)

To me this feels more like the random late night drive bys we've been getting since before x-mas; This one, then Camelback and 19th Ave. on Dec. 29th early AM (Sandoval-Granados) both wounded, and one out west 67th Ave. and Thomas in Feb. a teenage girl (Cisneros) and BF. Girl died, BF missed.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

It is okay for members to quote MSM or LE material that contains a person's full name, but when members themselves are discussing that individual, WS policy is that initials be used for anyone other than the victim or an officially named perp.

Mods will try to clean up the entire thread when they have time but going forward, please use initials (i.e. DS) or your post will removed rather than simply edited.

I check Ben’s case on the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s website frequently (almost daily), and until this point, in the “manner of death” box, it continued to read, “pending” until my most recent follow up check.

Tonight, when I looked up Ben’s case, the manner of death entry had changed. Ben’s manner of death now reads “homicide.”

That said, the field to be marked once the medical examiner’s report is complete continues to appear blank at this time, and the cause of death is continuing to be kept private or is continuing to be investigated at this time/not yet included on the report (likely due to the pending nature and current status of the investigation).

Attachments

• 146FA160-0893-43C0-A664-9ED17112EF89.jpeg
    146FA160-0893-43C0-A664-9ED17112EF89.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 32
I check Ben’s case on the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s website frequently (almost daily), and until this point, in the “manner of death” box, it continued to read, “pending” until my most recent follow up check.

Tonight, when I looked up Ben’s case, the manner of death entry had changed. Ben’s manner of death now reads “homicide.”

That said, the field to be marked once the medical examiner’s report is complete continues to appear blank at this time, and the cause of death is continuing to be kept private or is continuing to be investigated at this time/not yet included on the report (likely due to the pending nature and current status of the investigation).

Thank you for the update, I was thinking about Ben and wondering if there had been any news. At least there's a little bit of progress. I can't believe it's been four months and very little has been released. I continue to keep you in my thoughts and hope that justice is right around the corner.

911 calls released in unsolved Benjamin Anderson homicide case when body was found​

Just after 1:30 p.m. on New Year’s eve, a man out in the desert sees smoke and calls 911. “I saw the smoke and I thought to go look, and it looked like a body,” the caller said.

There are still a lot of unknowns. We don’t know who those people were inside Ben’s car the day after he died, we don’t know how he got to the desert, and we don’t know who may have been targeting him and why. Arizona’s Family asked the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office for any updates in this case on Monday but did not get a response back.

“Um, I’m now in the desert on the 17 off Mesa Table,” the caller said. “I’m not sure if it’s a body or a mannequin, but it looks like a body to me.”

“It’s on fire right now?” the dispatcher asked.

“Yes. It’s on fire and it’s getting wider,” the caller said.

“Did you see any vehicles or anything around it?” the dispatcher asked.

OH my this is just heartwrenching, the information is worse than I possibly imagined :(.
The officer saying that their was blood on the wall, I guess that could have been if he was tossed but it also could be that he was murdered where he was found and that may mean some evidence.

Could LE clarify what they meant about clothing around the legs below the butt? Are they suggesting that BA's pants were pulled down? Are the washes in Phoenix concrete? Is that why blood was visible on the wall of the wash?

It sounds like BA was murdered in his vehicle and the vehicle was torched to hide evidence including his DNA and someone else's. If not killed in his vehicle then it was used to transport his body to the dump site.

Could LE clarify what they meant about clothing around the legs below the butt? Are they suggesting that BA's pants were pulled down? Are the washes in Phoenix concrete? Is that why blood was visible on the wall of the wash?

It sounds like BA was murdered in his vehicle and the vehicle was torched to hide evidence including his DNA and someone else's. If not killed in his vehicle then it was used to transport his body to the dump site.
Some washes do have concrete. It was also noted that socks were on his feet but no mention of shoes.

It’s crazy to think that the 911 caller just missed encountering the suspects by minutes. They may have even passed by them but not have noticed.

Also, based on knowledge of when the body was burning, ADOT should have a narrow time frame to review I-17 camera footage, specifically looking for the Lexus or any vehicles that no longer appear in the next camera’s view to the north

Arizona DOT camera do not record. See the first item here: Must-know Monday: Common Questions for ADOT | ADOT.
It’s crazy to think that the 911 caller just missed encountering the suspects by minutes. They may have even passed by them but not have noticed.

Also, based on knowledge of when the body was burning, ADOT should have a narrow time frame to review I-17 camera footage, specifically looking for the Lexus or any vehicles that no longer appear in the next camera’s view to the north

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back