Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

If you would like to attend Ben’s memorial service virtually, here is the link.
Thank you for posting the memorial. It brought lots of tears to my eyes seeing and hearing his cousin and friends speak about the person Benjamin is.
Continued positive thoughts that the murderer (s) are caught soon.

Was Benjamin listed as the beneficiary on any life insurance policies: his remaining grandparent’s, his parent’s, his aunts’s and uncle’s, and possibly the “dear couple” he worked for for several years as a personal assistant, often traveling overseas (I think extensively)?

Also, did Ben have any life insurance policies of his own - and if he did, who were the beneficiaries of those policies? I think LE would typically check these kinds of things when looking for possible motives.

jmo

eta: Also, I didn’t see any info in the obit as to whether Ben had any siblings, step siblings, or adopted siblings? Can anybody provide any info on this (just using initials)? Tia

Last edited:
Was Benjamin listed as the beneficiary on any life insurance policies: his remaining grandparent’s, his parent’s, his aunts’s and uncle’s, and possibly the “dear couple” he worked for for several years as a personal assistant, often traveling overseas (I think extensively)?

Also, did Ben have any life insurance policies of his own - and if he did, who were the beneficiaries of those policies? I think LE would typically check these kinds of things when looking for possible motives.

jmo

eta: Also, I didn’t see any info in the obit as to whether Ben had any siblings, step siblings, or adopted siblings? Can anybody provide any info on this (just using initials)? Tia

He was a beloved only child. And I very seriously doubt that policy has anything to do with what happened to him. Good question but off base I believe. I’m hoping for news soon about where the case is. I miss him and hope a arrest is made soon!

I keep going over the information we do have available online and on this page. I drove by the Sheraton garage and college where the car was found burned and they were right next to each other.

I was wondering if crimes usually happen near perpetrators homes and came across this which implies that crimes due happen in areas that criminals are familiar with. How do you Find a Murderer? - Latest News

I truly wish there was a better description of the people seen with Ben's car as it seems to me that they are either living or staying in the area. It is also possible they work in the area.

Additionally, according to that article, the fact that it was done during the day means that it was done as an exhibition or it was an accident. Judging by the way the body was carelessly disposed of and hence quickly found, I think this also leans me to thinking it may have been an accident.

What do you all think?

I keep going over the information we do have available online and on this page. I drove by the Sheraton garage and college where the car was found burned and they were right next to each other.

I was wondering if crimes usually happen near perpetrators homes and came across this which implies that crimes due happen in areas that criminals are familiar with. How do you Find a Murderer? - Latest News

I truly wish there was a better description of the people seen with Ben's car as it seems to me that they are either living or staying in the area. It is also possible they work in the area.

Additionally, according to that article, the fact that it was done during the day means that it was done as an exhibition or it was an accident. Judging by the way the body was carelessly disposed of and hence quickly found, I think this also leans me to thinking it may have been an accident.

What do you all think?
I previously posted about a violent crime that happened close to Bens house the previous week with a “homeless couple”. I would be curious to find out their description.

If the people seen in Bens car really exist and the car chase actually happened, I find it very odd that they would drive back, after the chase, to where they were “spotted” to burn the car. Why risk coming back to possibly be caught?

To my knowledge, there has not been any specific* request for information (posting images, location/time information) which leads me to believe that they are pursuing a lead and do not want to show their hand. It is very likely that they have circumstantial evidence pointing to one or more suspects right now and they are actively building a case against them so that an indictment is possible. Surveillance of a suspect could take a long time depending on what LE is looking for. They also could be attempting to locate a witness whose testimony would seal the case. The reason we don’t know these details is because the police don’t want us to know. They won’t go to the media until an arrest is made or they reach a roadblock in the investigation that the public might be able to help with
100% Agree. I do know they followed up on at least 2 tips. I was contacted about one. IMO they are following many tips (maybe all to some degree). A common defense strategy is to now call into question the LACK of follow up of one tip over another.

I previously posted about a violent crime that happened close to Bens house the previous week with a “homeless couple”. I would be curious to find out their description.

If the people seen in Bens car really exist and the car chase actually happened, I find it very odd that they would drive back, after the chase, to where they were “spotted” to burn the car. Why risk coming back to possibly be caught?
MOO they live close by or had transportation available nearby. It was around 1 to 1:45 AM. Not many UBERs or Lyfts I would guess. They hoofed it back home or where ever "home" base was.

What do you all think?
I can only offer that I distributed flyers to all the Apartment complexes on the frontage road and 27th Ave. between Northern and Dunlap sometime around Jan. 10th I think. I don't know if they yielded any Tips to MCSO or not.

jmo

He was a beloved only child. And I very seriously doubt that policy has anything to do with what happened to him. Good question but off base I believe. I’m hoping for news soon about where the case is. I miss him and hope a arrest is made soon!
Agree ^^ Also agree - good question. I had been told that Ben had been working on some “paperwork” with Dan recently. That said, I did not receive any clarification with regard to the nature of this “paperwork” nor do I suspect it likely would have been related to Ben’s subsequent death in any way.

So hard to believe there’s been nothing happening with this case. Seemed like there was some good info at the beginning. Did nothing ever come of any of that?
It’s one of many cases on the detectives’ plates. I’m sure they are still investigating but we have to be patient so they get the right people and have enough evidence to permanently take them off the streets

This could be completely unrelated but 2 men were found shot dead at 1-17 and Peoria Ave which is near where Ben's car was found.

May Kyle and Gage rest in peace. :(

ABC15 Arizona
JUST IN: Police have identified the two bodies found near I-17 and Peoria Avenue as 20-year-old Gage Neal-Belunas and 23-year-old Kyle Ford.
safe_image.php

I hope Goodyear PD are aware of Benjamin's case and are investigating whether these suspects are involved.

3 teens accused of robbing victims at gunpoint at Goodyear motel
March 25, 2022
SBM

The alleged robbery happened at a motel near Interstate 10 and Dysart Road on March 21. Police said two people were robbed by three or four suspects armed with guns and knives. "One victim was assaulted and property was stolen, including a vehicle," Goodyear PD said in a statement.

Snip

"Stolen property was found on the suspect, including the keys to the stolen vehicle," police said. Police found more stolen items inside the apartment, including a stolen gun believed to have been used during the robbery.
#more at link

ETA -
Goodyear Police Department

Goodyear Police Significant Arrest:
Officers responded to an armed robbery call that occurred at a motel located on the 800 block of N. Dysart Rd. on 3/21/22 at approx. 10:38pm. Two victims were reportedly robbed at gun and knife point by 3 or 4 suspects. One victim was assaulted and property was stolen, including a vehicle.
A short time later, while dumping property from the stolen vehicle into a dumpster near N. Palo Verde Dr. / E. Via Villa St., the same suspects were approached by a resident. That victim was chased away by suspect(s) with a gun.

Officers spotted the suspects who ran away and separated, 2 ran into an apartment near W. Van Buren St. / N. Palo Verde Dr. and the third suspect was located shortly after in the neighborhood, and was taken into custody.
Officers were able to take 3 subjects into custody who were located inside the apartment. An additional subject, matching the suspect description, was later taken into custody, after being seen by an officer walking down the street. Stolen property was found on the suspect, including the keys to the stolen vehicle.

A search warrant was served and additional stolen property, as well as a stolen gun believed to be used during the crime, were recovered in the apartment. An additional gun believed to be used in this crime was later found dumped in a backyard (reported by the resident).

Three juveniles, ages 14, 14, and 16 were arrested and booked into Durango Juvenile Jail on several charges related to the armed robbery and aggravated assault. Two additional adults in the apartment were arrested and booked on unrelated charges.

#Goodyearpolice
#GYPDCares
#fightingcrime
#SignificantArrest

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members