TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw 2 photos of killer. One he looks chubby the other looks like he’s anerexic. Did he lose weight fast? Thank goodness he didn’t kill more in the time he had. Bless the victims and the family and friends. Little children will never ever forget this!

Did no one see his Facebook and call LE? No friends? Scarred his own face!! The fight with grandma over not graduating. <modsnip: No approved link to support>Grandma was beautiful, just saw a photo of her. This is on Entertainment tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Did no one see his Facebook and call LE? No friends? Scarred his own face!! The fight with grandma over not graduating. <modsnip>. Grandma was beautiful, just saw a photo of her. This is on Entertainment tonight
I saw a clarification from Facebook that it was a private message rather than a post. It sounds like he sent a message to his 15 year old "friend" in Germany.

"Mr. Abbott said that Mr. Ramos had posted on Facebook that he had shot his grandmother and was going to shoot people at an elementary school, but a Facebook spokesman said that the governor was inaccurately referring to what the company said were “private messages.” It was unclear if the messages that the spokesman and governor appeared to be referring to were sent on Facebook, by text message or on another messaging platform."

ETA: news source

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• 9E20CAD2-BD7D-4A7F-AD20-0007DB6A17DA.jpeg
    9E20CAD2-BD7D-4A7F-AD20-0007DB6A17DA.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 79
Amerie’s father is on CNN now. Omg. This was one of her worst fears. She had just turned 10 on May 10. She had finally got a cell phone. She tried to call the police. The monster just shot her. He asks that people keep her mother in their prayers.

He is broken. I feel broken.

Amerie’s father is on CNN now. Omg. This was one of her worst fears. She had just turned 10 on May 10. She had finally got a cell phone. She tried to call the police. The monster just shot her. He asks that people keep her mother in their prayers.

I cried, I don't know how anyone could watch that and not cry. He was a medic and heard from one of the wounded children that his daughter was killed. My heart breaks for Angel and his family. RIP Amerie dear girl.

I saw that Interview too. I'm gutted.

The Uvalde school district had an extensive safety plan. 19 children were killed anyway. – NBC News
<snipped & BBM>
The district adopted an array of security measures that included its own police force, threat assessment teams at each school, a threat reporting system, social media monitoring software, fences around schools and a requirement that teachers lock their classroom doors, according to the security plan posted on the district’s website.

It happened anyway.

[...]

Records indicate that Uvalde has taken advantage of added state funding. Spending on school security and monitoring services in Uvalde more than doubled since 2017, rising from about $200,000 to nearly $450,000 for the current school year, according to the school district’s budget documents. District leadership said in 2020 that the increase in expenditures was due to new school security requirements, according to a finance report.

In 2020, the Texas state government awarded Uvalde a $69,000 grant to be spent on hardening measures, such as metal detectors, barriers, security systems and “campus-wide active shooter alarm systems,” according to state records. The funding was part of the state’s 2019 initiative for physical security upgrades.

Onlookers urged police to charge into Texas school

“A law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said the Border Patrol agents had trouble breaching the classroom door and had to get a staff member to open the room with a key. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly about the ongoing investigation.”

Had to get a key? Really???

From reading this article, it sounds like the law enforcement who were initially present were being shot at and the article says that they all were injured, and that the shooter then entered the school and barricaded himself in a classroom with the door locked and LE couldn't get to him.

It seems to me that if a school has money to enhance security the investment should be followed up on to make sure the money has been spent.

It seems we have a Stoneman Douglas type question arising--- what is the level of engagement that we can expect from LE and security forces in schools? Can't wrap my head around the idea of having these kinds of weapons available with non-fortified buildings and kids like sitting ducks with a possible response of "LE doesn't have to rush in because they have the right to keep themselves safe"?

What happened to "stop the Threat" initiatives?

"When law enforcement does respond, modern training dictates that they find and neutralize the threat to save lives. The first arriving officers will not stop to tend to the wounded, although past experiences have taught departments to incorporate a medical response team and triage area to their tactics.

Since every gunshot heard during an active shooter incident can mean a potential fatality, their mission is to: first, stop the threat; second, confirm there are no other threats; and third, determine the motive as soon as possible to try and prevent another attack." The active shooter threat, and how law enforcement is responding: Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes