TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uvalde; Gunman grandma may never speak again after he shot her in the face

May 30, 2022

The Texas school shooter's first victim, his own grandmother whom he shot in the face, may never be able to talk again, a relative told The New York Post.

[…]

His grandmother, Celia "Sally" Martinez Gonzales, is lucky to be alive, her second cousin, Jason Ybarra, told the Post. “The bullet went into Sally's jaw just next to her mouth and shattered all her teeth," Ybarra said. "If the bullet was an inch in another direction, it would have blown her head off."

Ybarra told the Post that Gonzales was recovering well in the hospital, but that she "may never be able to talk again." She is currently communicating only by writing, he said.

The shooter had moved to his grandparents' home several months ago after he had an intense argument with his mother, her boyfriend told NBC News.

His grandfather, Rolando Reyes, told The New York Post last week that his grandmother told him on the morning of the shooting that he needed to contribute more to the household.

[…]

Uvalde: Gunman grandma may never speak again after he shot her in face

He took his grandmother's truck after shooting her.

Thanks. Yes, I know we were trying to figure out how he picked up the AR-15s without a car. I should have clarified that.
We were wondering if his mother, father, or grandparents drove him to pick up the guns.
It's possible he got a ride or borrowed her truck w/o permission.

May 30, 2022

The Texas school shooter's first victim, his own grandmother whom he shot in the face, may never be able to talk again, a relative told The New York Post.

[…]

His grandmother, Celia "Sally" Martinez Gonzales, is lucky to be alive, her second cousin, Jason Ybarra, told the Post. “The bullet went into Sally's jaw just next to her mouth and shattered all her teeth," Ybarra said. "If the bullet was an inch in another direction, it would have blown her head off."

Ybarra told the Post that Gonzales was recovering well in the hospital, but that she "may never be able to talk again." She is currently communicating only by writing, he said.

The shooter had moved to his grandparents' home several months ago after he had an intense argument with his mother, her boyfriend told NBC News.

His grandfather, Rolando Reyes, told The New York Post last week that his grandmother told him on the morning of the shooting that he needed to contribute more to the household.

[…]

She's a victim as well.

He "took" the truck he crashed - it was his grandma's vehicle. So he shot his grandma and jumped and ran.

He did not know how to drive so, I believe that's why he crashed it. He ran it into a ditch. He jumped out of the truck and reached for the bag - now the people from the funeral home have come out and were running toward the crash (though they were a ways away).

He then grabbed what he could from the bag - leaving the bag on the ground and ran toward the parking lot of the school.

All that is of course JMHO
But where did he keep his arsenal?
In his room?
Or was it hidden in the truck?

Nobody of his family knew about the weapons.

But where did he keep his arsenal?
In his room?
Or was it hidden in the truck?

Nobody of his family knew about the weapons.
Under his bed. Hidden on a shelf in the back of his closet. Not many parents (or grandparents) thoroughly search their teenager"s rooms. Cursory looks when collecting laundry? Maybe.

Or he could have had an outside hiding place - in a shed or whatever. But with that is that someone would have seen him going in and out.

JMHO

Under his bed. Hidden on a shelf in the back of his closet. Not many parents (or grandparents) thoroughly search their teenager"s rooms. Cursory looks when collecting laundry? Maybe.

Or he could have had an outside hiding place - in a shed or whatever. But with that is that someone would have seen him going in and out.

JMHO
I found a bottle of liquor, well hidden, in my ( then) teenager’s closet. Yes, I was snooping a little. I’m a mom.

Knowing how much ammo he had with him raises so many more questions for me. Didn't we read that he did not have a drivers license or know how to drive? How did he manage of all this? I know LE is all over his bank records, still so many questions!
It’s possible he bought the ammo online. He could buy as much as he wanted and have it shipped directly to him. No one would know aside from the seller and perhaps the delivery person. No driver’s license or help needed.

That's interesting. I always assumed every school every where was entirely fenced in.

I can’t think of a single school, public or private, that is completely fenced; ie students pass through a fence before the door. The playground is usually fenced - 4ft high to keep kids contained and to prevent kids from mixing with dogs on the sidewalk. Even the Jewish schools in my area are not completely fenced (many of them upgraded security after Pittsburgh).

Thanks. Yes, I know we were trying to figure out how he picked up the AR-15s without a car. I should have clarified that.
We were wondering if his mother, father, or grandparents drove him to pick up the guns.
It's possible he got a ride or borrowed her truck w/o permission.
Ok sorry about that. That's another good question. Doubt it was the grandparents as the grandfather has said he didn't know about them and isn't allowed to be around them

I can’t think of a single school, public or private, that is completely fenced; ie students pass through a fence before the door. The playground is usually fenced - 4ft high to keep kids contained and to prevent kids from mixing with dogs on the sidewalk. Even the Jewish schools in my area are not completely fenced (many of them upgraded security after Pittsburgh).
Every school I went to growing up had a fence around everything but the parking lot. You had a main gate at the front entrance of the school where the offices were and then fencing around the entire area of the school with pass throughs so kids didn't have to walk all the way to the front of the school. Only one that didn't have a gate at the front by the office was high school and that had a fence around the entire school.

This is unacceptable.
Period.
- my opinion
Apologies -- after seeing the angry reactions -- if my comment offended anyone, it was not my intention.
I am pro law enforcement.

My post # 236 was a gut reaction to the msm article, and yes I'm still saddened by the fact that children might have been saved.
However the police can only act within the law and also within the boundaries set by their superiors.
This case is so infuriating; but at the end of the day, the responsibility rests solely on the shooter's shoulders !
My .02 cents.

May 30, 2022

[…]

[…]

bolding is mine
How sad.
She did nothing wrong, asking him to take some responsibility was fair.
I hope she can make a full recovery and speak again !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is unacceptable.
Period.
- my opinion
My angry response is NOT to your post but that a child bleeding out is always unacceptable. ALWAYS!
I side with innocent lives every time, and I'm pro-LE too, but this was a COLOSSAL f-up beyond words and they know it.
LE officers are only human but damn...this is just so bad.

Apologies -- after seeing the angry reactions -- if my comment offended anyone, it was not my intention.
I am pro law enforcement.

My post # 236 was a gut reaction to the msm article, and yes I'm still saddened by the fact that children might have been saved.
However the police can only act within the law and also within the boundaries set by their superiors.
This case is so infuriating; but at the end of the day, the responsibility rests solely on the shooter's shoulders !
My .02 cents.

My angry reaction is not anger directed at you BTW. Anger that a child was left to bleed out and die due to incompetence. I'm always on the side of innocent children and am usually pro LE officers. But this case has really let me down.
I agree with you wholeheartedly.

The families have received an outpouring of generosity, so no one is charging them for services. And the Ganems are hoping they can provide something beyond a relief of financial stress: a reminder of what made each child unique. The families' requests have been unforgettable, Trey Ganem said.

“There was one that wanted dinosaurs, with flashlights, holding a pickle,” he said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member