IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

I am sickened by these events over the 4th.

Here's a fact that I heard this morning---------------------------------

This is the TWELFTH 12! TWELVE mass shooting THIS MONTH! It is only the 5th of the month!!! That is at least TWO PER DAY!!!!!

The link I included shows more than 12 but I guess they only count the ones with fatalities. IDK.

I DO KNOW - this has to stop - some how, some way. The "it can't happen here" no longer applies - anywhere! It CAN and (it will) happen - its how we have to live now. Eyes wide open, watching everyone and everything all the time.

I don't have answers, I don't know what we need to do. I do know that something has to give. HAS TO.

I heard there is a press conference coming up this morning..........

JMHO

@jimsciutto

The Highland Park victims’ bodies “were blown up”, says the doctor who treated them. “Blown up”, by the force of the weapon the gunman used. The town’s mayor says the rifle was purchased legally.
I wish there was a cry emoji.
@jimsciutto

The Highland Park victims’ bodies “were blown up”, says the doctor who treated them. “Blown up”, by the force of the weapon the gunman used. The town’s mayor says the rifle was purchased legally.
just like the babies in Ivalde. So incredibly sad.

I’ll wait to hear from the professionals on his mental state.

I’m not a Dr. But from all images of him so far he had major issues and as a parent would not have been allowed to live in apartment on my property or in my home.

I fell that he needed help years back.

Jmo

What is it that prevents some people from seeing that there are issue/signs ? Is it lack of knowledge or self awareness, denial, unwilling to make a public assessment on record??

This reminds me of the current case with the boy, and his parents who left town and tried to hide at the art gallery . They were at the school that day or the day before.

I can see there being some reservation for outsiders to speculate if the parents are in denial. It may seem like a lost cause if the parents aren’t doing anything about it . In both of these cases there is a breakdown of healthy interaction between them and the parents.

If someone lives in or on my property I’m going to want to know what makes them tick-hobbies, interest, their mental health and stability . This guy was a rapper with a large following so I don’t see how anyone close wouldn’t be interested in at least his online notoriety .

Has anything been mentioned about what he did for a living, how he was supporting himself ?

On Monday afternoon, police surrounded Crimo's family home in Highwood, just north of Highland Park, as they search for him. Neighbors said Crimo live at that home with his father and uncle and FBI agents have been going in and out of the house throughout the evening.

Hickey also reports Lake County court records show that the home on McDaniels, where police have been going in and out throughout the day, was the subject of a mortgage complaint. It names Robert Crimo, Jr., believed to be the suspect's father.

What is it that prevents some people from seeing that there are issue/signs ? Is it lack of knowledge or self awareness, denial, unwilling to make a public assessment on record??

This reminds me of the current case with the boy, and his parents who left town and tried to hide at the art gallery . They were at the school that day or the day before.

I can see there being some reservation for outsiders to speculate if the parents are in denial. It may seem like a lost cause if the parents aren’t doing anything about it . In both of these cases there is a breakdown of healthy interaction between them and the parents.

If someone lives in or on my property I’m going to want to know what makes them tick-hobbies, interest, their mental health and stability . This guy was a rapper with a large following so I don’t see how anyone close wouldn’t be interested in at least his online notoriety .

Has anything been mentioned about what he did for a living, how he was supporting himself ?

Bennett Brizes, who became friends with Crimo around 2015 through the music scene, said Crimo was “consistently apolitical.” When Brizes would ask about current events and politics, Crimo would simply reply, “Man, I don’t know.”
Crimo, whose friends called him Bobby, Brizes said, at one point made decent money from his music; Brizes recalled that Crimo once had physical copies of his music released and walked into a Gucci store in San Diego and purchased a tracksuit. But the two grew apart and stopped talking around 2019. When they spoke early last year, Crimo seemed “depressed,” Brizes said.

I thought the video special effects of flashing lights on his vest was to illustrate a live bomb vest. I agree about ideology, although I do think he has some sort of strong influence or leaning towards supremacists. This is based on the initials WP on the blackboard in the video that includes classroom footage ... if wp stands for white power. I think he was mixed up rather than dogmatic.
Yes, I can see it being a bomb vest too. He was a very strange person, his symbol he was using is called the Angular Bowen Knot or the true lover's knot and he sang of love that could be taken in different ways, and he had very disturbing imagery in his music videos. At least I find it disturbing. I wish we had better mental health facilities. I think many people would still be alive if we did, but I could be wrong.

I’ll wait to hear from the professionals on his mental state.

I’m not a Dr. But from all images of him so far he had major issues and as a parent would not have been allowed to live in apartment on my property or in my home.

I fell that he needed help years back.

Jmo

Of course, we should wait to hear from the experts. I'm just expressing my opinion with only an undergrad degree in psych. From what I've read, he was able to establish a music career for himself, manage his financial affairs, travel on business, groom and feed himself, conduct business relationships with others, had a car and was able to secure a driver's license, can distinguish right from wrong, planned his attack and avoided capture for a while, knowing what he had done was wrong and illegal, etc. Those things usually don't indicate organic or clinical mental illness, but ICBW. JMO

Playing wack a mole trying to provide mental health services to these kind of killers will be a difficult task in the US. Currently, over 31 million Americans are uninsured and have no access to even the most basic health care services.

More data from NAMI about difficulty of mentally ill patients in getting access to treatment

Last edited:
Most of you all know how I feel about this aspect of these shooters. I've been looking around to see if anything has come out about this particular shooter.

Found this:

In yet another music video for a song titled “On My Mind,” Crimo performs in a classroom set filled with desks, lockers and chalkboards. In the last minute of the video, the viewers see a shot of Crimo reaching into his backpack before the music abruptly cuts. Then, Crimo is seen wearing a helmet and a tactical vest, dropping bullets onto the floor of the classroom, with the music from a popular shooting video game, "Call of Duty," playing over the scene.

I'm also curious about the gun. Did he buy it? How did he get the money? From the video it seems he had at least a 30 round capacity magazine - did he carry more with him? How did he buy those? Was dad involved in any of these purchases? How did mom - the mental illness healer - feel about all this firepower? Did she even know (or care)?

Press confrence coming up at 11:30 EST.

JMHO

Yes, I can see it being a bomb vest too. He was a very strange person, his symbol he was using is called the Angular Bowen Knot or the true lover's knot and he sang of love that could be taken in different ways, and he had very disturbing imagery in his music videos. At least I find it disturbing. I wish we had better mental health facilities. I think many people would still be alive if we did, but I could be wrong.
In my opinion he is seriously mentally ill and UNDIAGNOSED.

<modsnip>

It reminds me of Lacey Fletcher parents.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:

He was a rapper, and his music videos are not shoddy. Googling his stage name led me to a poster where he was giving a concert. He doesn't seem to have had any other job that's been reported that I know of. He is 22 or so, isn't that the age that schizophrenia often manifests? Although he could just be a thrill killer. He seemed to be fond of furries. Did he even have friends? This is just my opinion.

In my opinion he is seriously mentally ill and UNDIAGNOSED.

<modsnip>

It reminds me of Lacey Fletcher parents.
I think you're right. The stigma of mental illness keeps so many people from getting the help they need. I wish there was some way to quickly overcome that stigma and make mental illness just another illness needing treatment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're right. The stigma of mental illness keeps so many people from getting the help they need. I wish there was some way to quickly overcome that stigma and make mental illness just another illness needing treatment.
While I completely and totally agree with you - I don't believe its the "stigma of mental illness". In JMHO - these "shooters" don't believe they are mentally ill - they don't feel "ill". They seek out (and easily find) like-minded people (who could also be mentally ill) and they take solace in interacting and socializing "online" with these people who "feed each other's" thoughts and beliefs and ideations which then turn in to planning and carrying out these horrific events.

JMHO

It's also the Coat of Arms of the village of Hausgereut in Baden-Württemberg.

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 15.16.49.png
The preview is this image and a page of numbers. I have no idea what the symbol means.

View attachment 352717
I find it interesting that the German word "Hausgereut" translates to English as "Homely":
ADJECTIVE
If you say that someone is homely, you mean that they are not very attractive to look at.
[US]
Synonyms: unattractive, plain, ugly, not striking

MOO JMO

This from the uncle is what seems to be on repeat.

“He’s a quiet kid,” he said. “He’s usually on his own. He’s a lonely, quiet person. He keeps everything to himself.”

Jmo
In my opinion, this statement from the uncle are concerning in relation to the mental health of a young person.

He's a quiet kid
He's usually on his own
He's a lonely, quiet person
He keeps everything to himself

These "descriptions" of him from a family member (his uncle) are very sad, troubling and deeply concerning descriptions in my view.

Oh how I wish from the bottom of my heart that someone - anyone who knew him - would have reported that video on youtube.

In that youtube video, he talked about the violence he planned to do - "had to do". I believe that is what people term as a "manifesto".

I will never understand how he got as far as he did without anyone reporting him to the police or to a health professional. I just can't understand it.

While I completely and totally agree with you - I don't believe its the "stigma of mental illness". In JMHO - these "shooters" don't believe they are mentally ill - they don't feel "ill". They seek out (and easily find) like-minded people (who could also be mentally ill) and they take solace in interacting and socializing "online" with these people who "feed each other's" thoughts and beliefs and ideations which then turn in to planning and carrying out these horrific events.

JMHO
Oh, I agree with you. I would think it would be hard for someone to realize that they were mentally ill while suffering a mental illness. I was talking about the parents refusing to entertain the possibility that the school was right and their son needed help.

Well, sick or not, he obviously wants to live.
He didn't kill himself ( like some other shooters) and surrendered meekly to Police, not wanting to provoke being killed by officers.

So, I don't think he was suicidal.

JMHO
Dear @Wise Old Owl,

Thank you for your insightful post.

Isolation from others (I'm thinking of what his uncle said) can lead to everything you've said in your post.

According to his uncle, he isolated himself from others.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back