IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

From notes:

He is 21 (will be 22 in Sept)
He pre-planned this for several weeks.
Used a high powered weapon (didn't disclose model)
He accessed a roof. DRESSED AS A WOMAN! to blend in and hide his tatoos
He fired more than 70 rounds.
Dropped gun and blended in with crowd and left area.
Went to his mother's house and "borrowed" her car.
There was a 2nd gun in the car when they got him.
Both guns were legally bought by shooter.
He acted alone.

More:

No motive known at this time.
They are reviewing the disturbing online videos.
Weapons bought locally.
Didn't tell mom anything when he got to her house and borrowed her car.
Had other guns (pistols) in house he was living - all in his name.
There were previous LE contacts but nothing of a violent nature.
Have no info that i was racially / hate crime.
LE had not been made aware of the videos ahead of the incident.
Over 30 were injured - ALL by gunshot
He was ID'd by LE by photo. (that's interesting - how did LE know of him?)
Weapon was similar to an AR-15
Will get back as to what he was wearing (women's clothes) - he was wearing a wig - long hair
The weapons were not modified.

They will be back at 3 for next presser (3 CT)

WGN briefly mentioned that this was a logo of "far right overseas group", but didn't elaborate, so heck I don't know.
Who knows the why or what. He seemed to have so many weird symbols like "47"...Who knows what all this means?
At the 15 second mark.

Regarding the "47"...there was a guest on one of the local channels yesterday who opined it might be in reference to his favorite gun, an AK-47. Maybe that's the gun he used. IMO

Interesting that they didn't announce charges yet tho.
One big take away that I get is - the women's clothing as a disguise.
He could have hidden (& I bet he did) that gun under the dress (& yes, I think it was probably a dress).

Like we talked about in the Uvalde threads - these shooters are "learning" (getting smarter) from all the previous incidents. Hence - dress like a woman - nobody will notice you.

But, then again, nobody noticed A WOMAN climbing that fire escape to the roof?

He was able to escape - dressed like a woman - blended in - just like parkland shooter - he dropped his gun and filed in with the crowd of students evacuating.

And another thing - the not specifying the gun - "similar to an AR-15 - what does that mean? It could have been an AK-47 (someone mentioned the number 47 earlier). But why not just come out and say what it was? And NO mention of magazines - he did say high velocity ammunition tho.

Guess we have to wait until 3

Would love to know all about the conversation with mom - when he got to her house.
Was he "calm"? He obviously had ditched the wig & dress.
What did he tell her why he needed to borrow her car?
What was his demeanor?
And where did he have that 2nd gun? They said a 2nd rifle was found in the car when they stopped him - so that was mom's car. Where did he go to get that 2nd gun? Did he have it with him and just stashed it in the bushes and retrieved it when he got the car?

Wonder what mom is saying.....

JMHO

Regarding the "47"...there was a guest on one of the local channels yesterday who opined it might be in reference to his favorite gun, an AK-47. Maybe that's the gun he used. IMO

I also heard a commentator on the news yesterday who mentioned that the "47" tatoo is a favorite tatoo of lots of gang members, referring to the AK-47.

How could he pass as a woman is beyond me!

Besides, leaving a rifle there - didn't he leave a trace?
I mean legal documentation concernig the weapon and him as a buyer.
In the presser they said ATF was very expeditious in tracing the guns...........all the guns they found. Said they were all in his name and bought legally.

Its just so strange that they haven't identified specifically the weapon - just that is was "similar to an AR-15". But they did say that none of the weapons had been modified.

HIGHLAND PARK, Ill. — The man held by police in connection with the mass shooting at a July Fourth parade planned the attack for weeks — and dressed like woman to avoid detection, authorities said Tuesday.

Robert “Bobby” E. Crimo III, who was picked up by police hours after the fatal shootings, scaled a fire escape ladder to make himself a sniper's nest to fire on paradegoers below on Monday, authorities said.

“But we do believe Crimo pre-planned this attack for several weeks,” Chris Covelli, spokesperson for the Lake County Major Crimes Task Force, told reporters on Tuesday.

Covelli also revealed Crimo dressed in women's clothes, in part, to distract from his facial tattoos...

In big, urban areas, LE would have had snipers on roofs for a big event like this - it gives them an "eye in the sky" over the crowds to be able to watch better. But, I guess, this being a smaller, bedroom community & affluent at that - they didn't see the need or think they needed that type of surveillance?
So, I've lived all my life in NYC and have often attended the Macy's July 4th fireworks show. I can partially see the show from my terrace, but I decided instead to go to Coney Island and watch those fireworks.

I had this fear, big city or no, that anyone around us could potentially shoot up the crowd. I had this kind of fear after 9/11, that anyone anywhere could be a terrorist.

There were plenty of police around, and an enormous crowd peacefully enjoying the show. All went well but I hate having this feeling again.

This sniper position that Crimo took is very difficult to discern, and I don't know if police are in sniper positions unless it's when a president or some other big name comes through. In those cases the area is blocked off anywhere along the route.

I've only seen two victims identified so far. According to the Daily Mail, one was a Mexican grandfather and one was a woman who was a synagogue teacher.

@otto I meant to thank you....I haven't watched Crimo's videos so I didn't realize he used a green screen for a classroom...thanks for clarifying that for me.

I wanna know where he ditched his wig and woman's clothes. Did his mother see him in the get-up? If so, Was that a normal occurrence for her to see him in the get-up? Or, are the clothes and wig stuffed in some trash receptacle prior to him running to her home to 'borrow' her car....which happened to have another firearm in it? Too many questions!!

I wanna know where he ditched his wig and woman's clothes. Did his mother see him in the get-up? If so, Was that a normal occurrence for her to see him in the get-up? Or, are the clothes and wig stuffed in some trash receptacle prior to him running to her home to 'borrow' her car....which happened to have another firearm in it? Too many questions!!
I'm curious how "dressing in women's clothing" hid his facial tattoos. Was he wearing a veil?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astoldbybels
Back