Found Deceased TX - Chrissy Powell, 39, San Antonio, Paralegal, didn’t arrive @work, BOLO, 5 July 2022

All of the articles I've read indicate that she called her workplace
Workplace called her first:

"Sanchez described how one of his colleagues called Powell on the morning of July 5 when she did not arrive on time for work. He heard from the colleague, a woman, that Powell answered the phone and said, in sum and substance, that "it was the July 4th weekend, and she had overslept, but was on her way to work."

Just started following here but from all I've read in MSM, it really does sound like she left intentionally.
In one of the articles linked previously on the thread, her mom was able to check her banking activity since she left her phone at home, and since she hasn't spent a dime out of that account since before the 5th, it's not really looking very good.
I'd love to be wrong, love to find out she had another account she was using, and she's fine and will be home real soon.
Hopefully...
She could potentially be using a credit card not linked to her bank account.

Just started following here but from all I've read in MSM, it really does sound like she left intentionally.
In one of the articles linked previously on the thread, her mom was able to check her banking activity since she left her phone at home, and since she hasn't spent a dime out of that account since before the 5th, it's not really looking very good.
I'd love to be wrong, love to find out she had another account she was using, and she's fine and will be home real soon.
It's possible she left intentionally.
But if she did, why would she not take something as important to her as her medications?

I worry that she did leave intentionally, but the intention wasn't rational. Still fear it is her "medical condition" that spurred her to keep driving to who knows where. Seems she was particularly stressed that morning, which may have triggered something, whether psychological or physical. We don't know what her condition is...even if physical such as diabetes, or Graves etc, could have an effect on her behavior. Maybe being in a hurry that morning, she forgot to take her needed meds?

I am glad that at least she is getting plenty of media coverage.

Missing Texas mom Christina Powell: What we know about the San Antonio paralegal missing over a week | Fox News
The San Antonio Police Department’s Missing Persons Unit is handling the case. A police department spokesperson told Fox News Digital on Friday that investigators have received an estimated 20 tips so far, but "nothing solid." There were no additional updates as of Friday morning.

She was last seen on the 7700 block of Redhill Place, and is "diagnosed with medical conditions that require a doctors (sic) care," police said. Investigators have said her disappearance is not currently being investigated as a crime and there are no suspects or persons of interest.

Loved ones told Fox News Digital Powell kept a low profile on the July 4th holiday. That Monday marked one year since Powell’s 3-year-old son began living with his father instead of Powell, said her mother, Claudia Mobley.

"We didn’t do anything, because a year ago, July 4, was when she had … when her boyfriend or ex-boyfriend walked out and took the baby," Mobley told Fox News Digital. "So, it was kind of a bad anniversary."

The day before, on Sunday, Powell and the ex-boyfriend argued over text message, Mobley recalled.

"He wanted them to be a family unit again," Mobley said, "and he was blaming her for them not being together anymore."

Mobley said she does not believe the man is involved in Powell’s disappearance.

Meanwhile, San Antonio police have said the man is "absolutely cooperating" and is "clearly not a person of interest."

But Powell also told her mother that she and her ex-boyfriend "had a wonderful visit on Saturday," Mobley recalled.

Mobley said she had spoken to the man since the date her daughter went missing.

Office manager Mark Sanchez said the following of his employee Chrissy:
"She never came to work during that short time in any capacity other than wanting to work and being prepared for work. We wouldn't have offered her a full-time position if we weren't satisfied that she was demonstrating those basic workplace values that we expect, such as punctuality, hard work, attention to detail."

After she stopped answering her phone and failed to show up two hours later from what should have been a 10-minute drive, he said, the female colleague went to Powell’s home to personally check in.

"It was a feeling that we all had, and it was just something wasn’t right," he said.

Powell’s mother, Mobley, said her daughter had previously disappeared, albeit for a shorter period of time, about four or five years ago.

"One time she did, but I knew she was with her boyfriend … that was a long time ago," Mobley said.

Mobley said she threatened to call the police when she spoke to Powell’s boyfriend at the time, but never followed through.

"It was days, but not a week," she said, when asked how long her daughter had gone quiet at the time.

Separate from the ex-boyfriend with whom she has a 3-year-old son, Mobley said Powell was married twice before, and has a 12-year-old boy with one of the men.

She said Powell does not see either of her ex-husbands "at all."

Fox News Digital’s attempts to reach one of the men identified as being her ex-husband were unsuccessful as of Thursday.

Powell left behind her cell phone, her medication and, police believe, her Apple Watch.

Loved ones have since tried to retrace Powell's likely path to work, but found no signs of her, her Nissan Rogue or a crash.

On Wednesday, Mobley said family members were able to check her bank account, and found there had been no spending activity since Powell’s disappearance. The family was unable to look into her credit card activity, Mobley said.

Missing San Antonio woman seen leaving house in a rush (mysanantonio.com)

City of Kerville Police Department
The San Antonio Police Department is looking for a missing endangered adult, Christina Lee Powell, 39 years old, who has diagnosed medical conditions that require a doctor’s care. SAPD has received information that she might be in the Kerrville area. She has blond hair and brown eyes, and is described as being about 5’2” tall and about 120 lbs. She is believed to be driving a black 2020 Nissan Rogue, with Texas tag PYJ 8564. If you have seen or may know the whereabouts of Christina Powell, please contact the San Antonio Police Department’s Missing Persons Unit at (210) 207-7660.
See less

Christina Powell missing update: Search for Texas mom continues as video shows her leaving home before disappearance (sportskeeda.com)
Mobley described her daughter as a committed mother and claimed that she would never leave her children behind on purpose.

“When I talked to the Missing Persons officer this morning, she said there were no updates — that they had some tips, people saying they thought they saw her at a gas station … that they had checked it out, and it wasn’t her. Wasn’t her car."

Christina Powell Vanishes In San Antonio, Texas | Crime News (oxygen.com)

"The unknown is the scariest part,” Christina Powell's friend said of the baffling disappearance. “It is fear in my mind right now. It is hard to wrap our minds around where she might be, what could have happened.”

Leal added that "the worst" thing that could happen would be never finding out what happened to Powell, who she's known since childhood.

According to her, it is unlike Powell to disappear without telling anyone, especially leaving her two young children, ages 3 and 12, behind.

"I don’t believe she would ever want her children to go through what they’re going through right now," Leal told Fox News.

Those who know the 39-year-old mom said they won’t give up and will keep searching her until she is found.

“We just want you home,” Leal said.

Texas Mom of 2 Missing Since Leaving Home Without Her Phone | PEOPLE.com

It's possible she left intentionally.
But if she did, why would she not take something as important to her as her medications?

I worry that she did leave intentionally, but the intention wasn't rational. Still fear it is her "medical condition" that spurred her to keep driving to who knows where. Seems she was particularly stressed that morning, which may have triggered something, whether psychological or physical. We don't know what her condition is...even if physical such as diabetes, or Graves etc, could have an effect on her behavior. Maybe being in a hurry that morning, she forgot to take her needed meds?
(MOO) If it were a psychological condition, maybe she was off those meds already much sooner than when she left? I know anytime I've managed to forget taking Zoloft for a day (for an anxiety disorder), I end up forgetting about it entirely until someone points out to me that I seem off... it's so easy to get out of the habit of taking meds for mental health if you just forget for one day and you can really easily rapidly deteriorate from there. Would jive with her leaving her phone/watch too if she didn't want to be found.

I get the sense that SAPD does not believe a crime has happened here, and there has been nothing found to indicate she was in an accident. I am wondering if they have reason to believe that she left on her on. Her mother reported that she left home for several days once before, four or five years ago, but I thought that LE was not called in that case. Has she left any other times? Any history of being a runaway as a teen? How long has she lived with her mother? Did she and her mother get along well, or did they often argue about responsibilities such as work, parenting, home sharing duties, etc. Have LE been called to the residence about issues before? There seems to be perhaps more to this story than we know. A new bf that her mother doesn't know about maybe? But even if so, where is her car? I would assume that LE are attempting to locate it, but San Antonio is a large city. I do hope she is found safely, soon. MO

Last edited:
I get the sense that SAPD does not believe a crime has happened here, and there has been nothing found to indicate she was in an accident. I am wondering if they have reason to believe that she left on her on. Her mother reported that she left home for several days once before, four or five years ago, but I thought that LE was not called in that case. Has she left any other times? Any history of being a runaway as a teen? How long has she lived with her mother? Did she and her mother get along well, or did they often argue about responsibilities such as work, parenting, home responsibilities, etc. Have LE been called to the residence about issues before? There seems to be perhaps more to this story than we know. A new bf that her mother doesn't know about maybe? But even if so, where is her car? I would assume that LE are attempting to locate it, but San Antonio is a large city. I do hope she is found safely, soon. MO
I agree that they don’t think a crime has occurred, but I don’t necessarily think that also means she is missing because she wants to be missing. Her behavior that morning (telling work she was on her way, rushing out the door, dressed for work… or at least not dressed in a way that would cause her mom to think she WASN’T going to work, etc) to me indicates that she left the house intending to go to work, possibly in a somewhat distracted/stressed manner, but I think that could be attributed to being late to a new job rather than any other plans. Now… maybe once she was in her car, felt the weight of all she has going on, pressure of a new job, stress of the co-parenting relationship… maybe then something broke inside her and she decided to take off. But I just find it hard to believe she left the house with an intention other than rushing to her new job.

I have two theories currently on this case.

1. She wakes late after a call from new employment - she scurries about getting ready for work, inadvertently leaves phone/apple watch behind. Leaves meds because - going to work, will be home to take next dose. Met with accident or foul play.

2. She is having some sort of mental health issue and acted impulsively and either harmed herself or "ran away"

Things that (in my mind) support theory 1: the phone call saying running late on my way to work. The phone, the meds being left behind. no money spent. the car is still unaccounted for so possibly hidden either by accident or design.

I hope I am wrong but I really think she met with foul play or an accident. I do not think she planned this disappearance.

Running away or accident?

Maybe could be both.

Stress, being overwhelmed, "medical condition" effect.....she may have taken off. Maybe just temporarily, till she calmed down.
But, ...since the police did not issue the BOLO until 2 or 3 days after, Chrissy may have been way out of the area. And in her state, she may have accidentally gone off the road who knows where.

Maybe her car was actually seen in Kerrivale, but by the time LE started a search, she was long gone from there too.

If this is a possibility, where do they search?

"Mobley reported her daughter missing with San Antonio Police Department on July 6, and an officer then visited the home to speak with her. But she said the process took two to three days before her daughter was officially classified as missing."
bbm

Maybe her remark about it being the July 4th weekend meant she didn't think she was supposed to be expected to work that weekend.

Maybe she had "sleep inertia".

Sleep inertia is a physiological state of impaired cognitive and sensory-motor performance that is present immediately after awakening. It persists during the transition of sleep to wakefulness, where an individual will experience feelings of drowsiness, disorientation and a decline in motor dexterity.[1][2] Impairment from sleep inertia may take several hours to dissipate. In the majority of cases, morning sleep inertia is experienced for 15 to 30 minutes after waking

Sleep inertia is of concern with decision-making abilities, safety-critical tasks and the ability to operate efficiently soon after awakening. In these situations, it poses an occupational hazard due to the cognitive and motor deficits that may be present.

This is in reply to @NeverPersonal's post above. Quote RSBM:

Loved ones told Fox News Digital Powell kept a low profile on the July 4th holiday. That Monday marked one year since Powell’s 3-year-old son began living with his father instead of Powell, said her mother, Claudia Mobley.

"We didn’t do anything, because a year ago, July 4, was when she had … when her boyfriend or ex-boyfriend walked out and took the baby," Mobley told Fox News Digital. "So, it was kind of a bad anniversary."
Doesn't it seem weird that boyfriend "walked out and took the baby?" That's not really how that happens and I don't see a way it could have legally happened on July 4 unless she allowed him to take the baby. Right?

this reminds me of Prisma Reyes
One theory about Prisma is that she stumbled and fell into a dumpster which was being used for a construction project. She passed out from the alcohol and possible head injury from the fall. The dumpster was removed from the premises shortly after the incident with Prisma and was taken to the dump.
Just a theory...but plausible because there was an actual dumpster for a construction project just off camera which was removed shortly after Prisma disappeared.
JMO.

This is in reply to @NeverPersonal's post above. Quote RSBM:

Doesn't it seem weird that boyfriend "walked out and took the baby?" That's not really how that happens and I don't see a way it could have legally happened on July 4 unless she allowed him to take the baby. Right?
Yes, it seems weird that the boyfriend "walked out and took the baby."
I'm also wondering about the frequent "visits" with the (now ex) boyfriend.
Does the 3-year old not come to visit his mother, older brother and grandmother at Chrissy's home or does Chrissy have to go to the ex-boyfriend's home to see her youngest child?

One bit from the Fox News article is very concerning to me. She’d only been working there a week, and even they noticed something was off. Where are you Christy?

After she stopped answering her phone and failed to show up two hours later from what should have been a 10-minute drive, he said, the female colleague went to Powell’s home to personally check in.

"It was a feeling that we all had, and it was just something wasn’t right," he said.

As always in these cases we follow, we aren't privy to so many important details, and rightfully so, but it makes our "help" much more difficult for sure. What meds would someone be on that couldn't be skipped for 8 or 12 hours? It's interesting that I think her mom mentioned right away that she didn't have them with her when she'd only not shown up for work that morning. An asthma inhaler? Insulin pen? Otherwise I would think any kind of other med, even blood pressure, may not be life threatening if missed for 12-36 hours or so. Maybe the mom was just worrying that she may have gone off again as she'd been known to in the past.

When she disappeared before, per the mother's input, did she take her phone with her? Did she leave her phone and meds behind then?

It sounds to me like conflicting details. A low key weekend as it was the anniversary of when the father of her youngest took him out of her care (legally?) and then we've read they had a fight as he wants them to be a family again and the mom said they fight like cats and dogs. Hmm.

I've read as much as I can here, but I haven't seen articles where LE has done drone searches, dog searches, checked highway cams with any results, and so on. Does anyone have any more local articles to show that these have been done? It seems like her route to work was on busy roads and folks have said an accident would be obvious, no woods, lakes, etc.,, to be lost in, but what if she pulled off in emotional distress and parked behind some industrial complex or shopping center. Have they searched from the air for her car? Thank GOd they have her vehicle to look for and that she wasn't on foot.

I have two theories currently on this case.

1. She wakes late after a call from new employment - she scurries about getting ready for work, inadvertently leaves phone/apple watch behind. Leaves meds because - going to work, will be home to take next dose. Met with accident or foul play.

2. She is having some sort of mental health issue and acted impulsively and either harmed herself or "ran away"

Things that (in my mind) support theory 1: the phone call saying running late on my way to work. The phone, the meds being left behind. no money spent. the car is still unaccounted for so possibly hidden either by accident or design.

I hope I am wrong but I really think she met with foul play or an accident. I do not think she planned this disappearance.
I like how you summarized this, and believe that both occurred and that 1 fed 2, plus missing her little guy. I’d have every bartender in Kerrville on hot alert looking for her.

I am glad that at least she is getting plenty of media coverage.

Missing Texas mom Christina Powell: What we know about the San Antonio paralegal missing over a week | Fox News
The San Antonio Police Department’s Missing Persons Unit is handling the case. A police department spokesperson told Fox News Digital on Friday that investigators have received an estimated 20 tips so far, but "nothing solid." There were no additional updates as of Friday morning.

She was last seen on the 7700 block of Redhill Place, and is "diagnosed with medical conditions that require a doctors (sic) care," police said. Investigators have said her disappearance is not currently being investigated as a crime and there are no suspects or persons of interest.

The day before, on Sunday, Powell and the ex-boyfriend argued over text message, Mobley recalled.

"He wanted them to be a family unit again," Mobley said, "and he was blaming her for them not being together anymore."

Mobley said she does not believe the man is involved in Powell’s disappearance.

Meanwhile, San Antonio police have said the man is "absolutely cooperating" and is "clearly not a person of interest."

But Powell also told her mother that she and her ex-boyfriend "had a wonderful visit on Saturday," Mobley recalled.

Mobley said she had spoken to the man since the date her daughter went missing.

Office manager Mark Sanchez said the following of his employee Chrissy:
"She never came to work during that short time in any capacity other than wanting to work and being prepared for work. We wouldn't have offered her a full-time position if we weren't satisfied that she was demonstrating those basic workplace values that we expect, such as punctuality, hard work, attention to detail."

Powell’s mother, Mobley, said her daughter had previously disappeared, albeit for a shorter period of time, about four or five years ago.

"One time she did, but I knew she was with her boyfriend … that was a long time ago," Mobley said.

Mobley said she threatened to call the police when she spoke to Powell’s boyfriend at the time, but never followed through.

"It was days, but not a week," she said, when asked how long her daughter had gone quiet at the time.

Separate from the ex-boyfriend with whom she has a 3-year-old son, Mobley said Powell was married twice before, and has a 12-year-old boy with one of the men.

She said Powell does not see either of her ex-husbands "at all."

Fox News Digital’s attempts to reach one of the men identified as being her ex-husband were unsuccessful as of Thursday.

Powell left behind her cell phone, her medication and, police believe, her Apple Watch.

Loved ones have since tried to retrace Powell's likely path to work, but found no signs of her, her Nissan Rogue or a crash.

On Wednesday, Mobley said family members were able to check her bank account, and found there had been no spending activity since Powell’s disappearance. The family was unable to look into her credit card activity, Mobley said.

Missing San Antonio woman seen leaving house in a rush (mysanantonio.com)

City of Kerville Police Department
The San Antonio Police Department is looking for a missing endangered adult, Christina Lee Powell, 39 years old, who has diagnosed medical conditions that require a doctor’s care. SAPD has received information that she might be in the Kerrville area. She has blond hair and brown eyes, and is described as being about 5’2” tall and about 120 lbs. She is believed to be driving a black 2020 Nissan Rogue, with Texas tag PYJ 8564. If you have seen or may know the whereabouts of Christina Powell, please contact the San Antonio Police Department’s Missing Persons Unit at (210) 207-7660.
See less

Christina Powell missing update: Search for Texas mom continues as video shows her leaving home before disappearance (sportskeeda.com)
Mobley described her daughter as a committed mother and claimed that she would never leave her children behind on purpose.

“When I talked to the Missing Persons officer this morning, she said there were no updates — that they had some tips, people saying they thought they saw her at a gas station … that they had checked it out, and it wasn’t her. Wasn’t her car."

Christina Powell Vanishes In San Antonio, Texas | Crime News (oxygen.com)

"The unknown is the scariest part,” Christina Powell's friend said of the baffling disappearance. “It is fear in my mind right now. It is hard to wrap our minds around where she might be, what could have happened.”

Leal added that "the worst" thing that could happen would be never finding out what happened to Powell, who she's known since childhood.

According to her, it is unlike Powell to disappear without telling anyone, especially leaving her two young children, ages 3 and 12, behind.

"I don’t believe she would ever want her children to go through what they’re going through right now," Leal told Fox News.

Those who know the 39-year-old mom said they won’t give up and will keep searching her until she is found.

“We just want you home,” Leal said.

Texas Mom of 2 Missing Since Leaving Home Without Her Phone | PEOPLE.com
Wonderful updates, thank you so much. Is Kerrville in a different direction from her work route?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back