Found Deceased TX - Chrissy Powell, 39, San Antonio, Paralegal, didn’t arrive @work, BOLO, 5 July 2022

Could the reason be for annoucing she's right handed be because she's a diabetic and needs her insulin? Leads me to also wonder if she could have had a diabetic episode on her way to work that caused her to wreck her car. JMO

I just don't see that as a possibility. If her car was wrecked on the way to work it would have been found easily, there's no body of water big enough to hide a car in on any of her possible routes to work and what natural areas are left on the NE side of San Antonio heading to her workplace are too open for a wrecked car to be missed. That whole area is packed tight with businesses and homes.

Last edited:
I just don't see that as a possibility. If her car was wrecked on the way to work it would have been found easily, there's no body of water big enough to hide a car in on any of her possible routes to work and what natural areas are left on the NE side of San Antonio heading to her workplace are too open for a wrecked car to be missed. That whole area is packed tight with businesses and homes.
IMO, this makes it more likely that she had no intention to go to work that day and that she disappeared voluntarily. But where is she and who is helping her?

There are a couple of public fb groups about her case that are not affiliated with her family. New tidbits of info, one coming from her mother and another from a former coworker, can be found.

IMO, this makes it more likely that she had no intention to go to work that day and that she disappeared voluntarily. But where is she and who is helping her?

There are a couple of public fb groups about her case that are not affiliated with her family. New tidbits of info, one coming from her mother and another from a former coworker, can be found.
While I'm sure the FB posters are trying to be helpful (why else follow posts about a missing person?) I find some of the comments about needing to know what meds she is on off base. We, the public, have no right to know what meds Chrissy takes. Knowing her meds will not help us find her. I think we can safely assume that if her disappearance is self imposed that her thinking wasn't clear.

I continue to speculate this was self imposed, and with every day that passes the outcome becomes more bleak. Sorry to suggest this, but I wonder if there are any missing guns from the household? I think her SUV will ultimately be found tucked away in some remote spot not too terribly far from home. In looking at a map, I think the Canyon Hills and Lakehill (and nearby surrounding area) is where I would concentrate.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Hypothetical, if she were found deceased and in her car how long would that take to identify her? JMO, I'm thinking a bit of time.
Well it’s all speculation, but the simplest explanation would be that she left her devices at home intentionally so that she couldn’t be tracked because she knew she was going to drive somewhere and end her life. Most likely would be that day July 5. body would have been decomposing in this brutal heat for three weeks?obviously her car is recognizable, she recognizable? Tattoos? Id in purse? Clothes she left house in?

These days some individuals with dedicated true crime SM accounts seem to be in competition with MSM, even privately communicating with families and LE. There's usually a reason for lack of official statements and (IMO) people trying to be first should respect that.

First thing that I noticed that could be significant is she was in a hurry. When we’re in a hurry our guard is down. She probably left her phone at home on accident because she was so rushed — maybe doubled back to get her phone? Or didn’t have time to realize her phone was gone, until something went down and she needed it.

MOD REMINDER:

The Terms of Service are intentionally strict as WS is the gold standard of true crime discussion websites, and we all work hard to keep it that way.
Here are a few of the key rules:

- Post only facts, and that must be linked to the source of those facts.
- If it can’t be linked, it can’t be posted. That includes any pictures.
- Approved links are from mainstream media (MSM) or law enforcement (LE) statements.
- The ONLY Facebook links permitted are those from MSM, LE, the victim, or the OFFICIAL missing page if there is one established.
- NO public comments from ANY source are allowed as they cannot be verified.

All of you posting that "it hasn't shown up in MSM yet, but . . . " are violating TOS. Comments in social media can't be linked, and if it can't be linked, it can't be talked about here because it's still RUMOR. Time-outs will be issued for further violations.

PLEASE use the Report button at the bottom of any post if you come upon a post that is questionable regarding Websleuths’ TOS.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths’ TOS.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-rules.159/

Very sad, indeed. We, the public, have no right to know all of the circumstances of her death and discovery, but I do expect LE will issue some statement, as they had engaged the public in the search for her. Perhaps they are awaiting autopsy results, which I hope will be able to confirm COD, and confirm or put to rest any thoughts of foul play. JMO

:( my heart hurts for her children mother and other loved ones. I knew in my gut this wouldn't end well.

It will be interesting to see what info is released at this point as to COD, where her body was located, etc. Right now they haven't really divulged much other than she is dead. IF we don't see much more then I think we can assume self harm was the cause.

I hope that is not the case. Hard thing for children to be left to live with. I want to believe that some accident took her from them.

She apparently was found in a shopping center parking lot near the home. Why did it take so long to find her?? It had been 100 degrees daily for weeks, and the car had been there for at least a week. Shouldn't someone have noticed? Where was the car before then? Sounds like self-harm, but LE apparently are awaiting autopsy results before making announcement as to COD. So sad. RIP Chrissy. I hope you have now found the peace that eluded you in life.

Powell's mom Claudia Molbey told The Sun on Monday morning that her daughter's car was found in a nearby shopping center parking lot over the weekend.

The family received the devastating news that her body was in the vehicle when it was found.

Last edited:
She apparently was found in a shopping center parking lot. Why did it take so long to find her?? It has been 100 degrees, and the car had been there for at least a week. Shouldn't someone have noticed? Where was the car before then? Sounds like self-harm, but LE apparently are awaiting autopsy results before making announcement as to COD. So sad. RIP Chrissy. I hope you have now found the peace that eluded you in life.

Powell's mom Claudia Molbey told The Sun on Monday morning that her daughter's car was found in a nearby shopping center parking lot over the weekend.

The family received the devastating news that her body was in the vehicle when it was found.

No apparent trauma. Medical event? Overdose? Strangulation? Waiting patiently with you all here for the updates to come. So very sorry to hear of the news of her passing. Prayers for her family and loved ones.

"Per protocol, detectives and the Bexar County Medical Examiner investigator made the location to conduct an investigation," police said.

"There was no apparent trauma observed to the body. A purse with identifying information was located inside the vehicle, which was used to tentatively identify the deceased as missing person, Christina Lee Powell."

The Medical Examiner will perform an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death, according to police.

No apparent trauma. Medical event? Overdose? Strangulation? Waiting patiently with you all here for the updates to come. So very sorry to hear of the news of her passing. Prayers for her family and loved ones.

"Per protocol, detectives and the Bexar County Medical Examiner investigator made the location to conduct an investigation," police said.

"There was no apparent trauma observed to the body. A purse with identifying information was located inside the vehicle, which was used to tentatively identify the deceased as missing person, Christina Lee Powell."

The Medical Examiner will perform an autopsy to determine the cause and manner of death, according to police.
And cameras- security guard says she was parked there a week but was it really three weeks?

I am very surprised the car was located in a parking lot and apparently also near her home.

I just sort of reinforces that while these cases catch our attention most people even in her area probably had no idea to look for her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back