Found Deceased TX - Chrissy Powell, 39, San Antonio, Paralegal, didn’t arrive @work, BOLO, 5 July 2022

I believe she was announced diabetic as she had left her medications at home?
I believe the idea was introduced into the thread here as speculation. I find nothing in a reliable MSM source to support her having any diagnosis that is public.

Could the reason be for annoucing she's right handed be because she's a diabetic and needs her insulin? Leads me to also wonder if she could have had a diabetic episode on her way to work that caused her to wreck her car. JMO
MOO

It should be easy enough to look at business video and see on what date the Rogue entered the shopping center parking lot. Wondering if the security guard is mistaken and the car was there longer than a week, or for the entire 3 weeks. If not, I also wonder if she was at a hotel or someone’s house prior to the parking lot.
Or if she stayed in other parking lots, maybe slept in her car, and during the day she just drove around trying to decide what to do next. Maybe ended up in this parking lot closer to home during the last week of her disappearance. If she was suicidal, that would make sense. I hate to even type this.

Or if she stayed in other parking lots, maybe slept in her car, and during the day she just drove around trying to decide what to do next. Maybe ended up in this parking lot closer to home during the last week of her disappearance. If she was suicidal, that would make sense. I hate to even type this.
Sleeping in her car in the Texas heat, which only cools down to 80 after midnight then humidity rises, making temps uncomfortable then too? I personally can't envision it, but maybe someone more heat tolerant can.
JMO

My heart sunk when I saw the "found deceased" label on this thread. I know we've all kind of moved past the prior details with the discovery of her/her vehicle, but this makes me want to know even more now what had made her coworker so concerned about her that she went to her house. Like, was there something audibly noticeable about her on the phone like slurred speech or some other sign of an impending medical event? And without a phone on her, when she pulled over into a parking lot, maybe she was unable to call for help :( MOO

I don’t know how I missed this line in the Sun article this morning.

“Despite the mystery and slew of unanswered questions, foul play isn't suspected, San Antonio police said.”

Last edited:
I believe the idea was introduced into the thread here as speculation. I find nothing in a reliable MSM source to support her having any diagnosis that is public.

MOO
Yes, this was my thought. She was reported to be initially missing without her medicine if I recall correctly. Which I read as reported as "vital medicine" in some reports.

"Police said Powell has a medical condition that requires a doctor's care. The family told KENS 5 the 39-year-old doesn't have her medicine." https://www.kens5.com/article/news/...ell-missing-for-nearly-a-week/273-e1931355-53

If you scroll all the way to almost the end of this Fox News article, note this paragraph:

If you or someone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts or a mental health crisis, please contact the Suicide & Crisis Lifeline at 988.

I'm sure that it would not have made a difference in the outcome, but after absorbing this very sad story all day today, I find myself angry tonight, that her body was left inside that car, in unbearable heat, exposed to anyone who happened by it, for at least a week, and possibly for longer than that, while her family and loved ones sat helplessly hoping that she would be found alive. It should not have taken this long to find her car in a shopping center parking lot on a major road along her route to work, and so close to her home and work. Like so many other aspects of this sad case, it just makes no sense to me, none at all. JMO

Last edited:
My heart aches for sweet Chrissy and her two sons, her mother and all who loved her including the thoughtful employees at the law firm.

Powell's body, which had no obvious signs of trauma, was discovered in her Nissan Rogue at the Huebner Oaks Center - just a 10 minute drive from her home - at around 6:45 p.m. on Saturday night.

A law enforcement source told Fox she was found alone and all the windows of the car were closed. Temperatures in San Antonio hit 100F most days last week.

The shopping plaza where she was found is located along the same stretch of interstate as her job at Sanchez & Wilson, a law firm that handles cases such as personal injury and unfair dismissals.

Their offices are an eight-minute drive from where Powell was found.

So, Chrissy was found 10 minutes from home and 8 minutes from her new job. Why couldn't her black SUV have been located sooner? Chrissy suffered from a medical condition and did not have her medications, sadly. Then, the intense heat from being trapped inside her vehicle may have been a secondary cause of death by hyperthermia. What a painful death for her to endure.

Someone upthread mentioned that Chrissy's medications were none of our business. I can't disagree. Since we are speculating COD...IMO if she was diabetic...That woud've been specified. Criptic wording in articles makes me think the medication is mental health/substance abuse related. What traditionally non-physical health medicine might be considered vital? Methadone? Is OD a possibility here? Location seems more likely to be that rather than a suicide IMO.

I'm sure that it would not have made a difference in the outcome, but after absorbing this very sad story all day today, I find myself angry tonight, that her body was left inside that car, in unbearable heat, exposed to anyone who happened by it, for at least a week, and possibly for longer than that, while her family and loved ones sat helplessly hoping that she would be found alive. It should not have taken this long to find her car in a shopping center parking lot on a major road along her route to work, and so close to her home and work. Like so many other aspects of this sad case, it just makes no sense to me, none at all. JMO
Sadly, it's not so unusual-- especially with suicide. Randy Porter was reported missing and was 45 mins from home at an airport parking lot where he was not discovered for 8 MONTHS!

A missing Kansas man’s body sat decomposing in his work vehicle for eight months in an airport parking lot 45 minutes from his home, causing his family to ask why no one found it sooner, PEOPLE confirms.

Randy Potter had been dead by suicide the entire time his family and police were searching for him, reports KMBC.

Can someone point us to the actual medical center that is in the Huebner Oaks shopping mall area? If her car was located near a 24 hr urgent care place, it might make sense that it wasn't noticed sooner. But I'm unable to locate any kind of medical facility within all of the typical shops in that complex. Thanks!
You would need to continue north on the access road or I10 to the next major intersection to get to an urgent care or pharmacy.

Can someone point us to the actual medical center that is in the Huebner Oaks shopping mall area? If her car was located near a 24 hr urgent care place, it might make sense that it wasn't noticed sooner. But I'm unable to locate any kind of medical facility within all of the typical shops in that complex. Thanks!

I'm also confused as to why it's reported that she was both at a shopping center and a medical center parking lot. The Huebner Oaks shoppping mall is adjacent to this Huebner Commons medical center and its address is the same block number given for the location she was found.

Having looked on google maps, there appears to be an ATM in the car park a little further back from the Ross clothing store. I wonder whether Chrissy usually used her phone to pay for goods (Apple Pay, etc) and because she left it at home, she stopped somewhere where she knew there was an ATM so she could collect cash. It would explain why she was there, although still no idea why she was in the passenger seat.

<modsnip - accusation against non POI> I feel like maybe her seat was reclined and the windows were dark (most windows are tinted in hot states). I also think someone either drove her there and parked the car or met her there...possibly to give her drugs, maybe fentanyl, and she passed out in the hot car and didn't wake up. All speculation of course. I wonder if they'll ever tell us their findings.

Last edited by a moderator:

"In a Facebook tribute, Powell's sister wrote that she was 'heartbroken' and said: 'Check on those friends who are going through hard times' "

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back