Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #147

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the latest Murder Sheet podcast. I was starting to be more positive about them with the last episode on the FBI missing a tape. (Although the lengthy info the Abbott/Nasser case should have been a separate episode due to nature of those criminal acts by Nasser, in my opinion.) Now they've slipped off again. We have police activity that could be a training exercise or related to a murder weapon related to a cold case or any other things, being inferred as tied to the legal moves by KAK's lawyer. Wasn't it not too long ago they were whining about another podcaster doing irresponsible things? But again, this is all my viewpoint on the matter and others likely differ.

From StarryStarryNight's link

"When the case was unsealed after noon Tuesday, News 18 also filed a public records request for several documents, including the motion by prosecutors to seal and the judge's order granting the request."

Update for the record:

08/24/2022Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Information

Filed By:
State of Indiana
Filed By:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
File Stamp:
08/19/2022
08/24/2022Motion to Seal Public Records Filed

Filed By:
State of Indiana
Filed By:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
File Stamp:
08/19/2022
08/24/2022Order Granting Motion to Seal Public Records

Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Movant:
State of Indiana
Movant:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Miami County Probation Department
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/19/2022
08/24/2022Order Granting Agreement of Parties

Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Movant:
Kline, Kegan A.
Movant:
State of Indiana
Movant:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Movant:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/19/2022
08/24/2022Order Issued
The Court hereby UNSEALS the Verified Motion to Seal filed 8/19/2022, and the Agreed Order dated 8/19/2022.
Judicial Officer:
Spahr, Timothy P.
Noticed:
Noticed:
Sinkovics, Jeffrey Kent
Noticed:
Achey, Andrew A.
Noticed:
Lee, Rhett Christopher
Order Signed:
08/24/2022
Achey, Andrew A. is an a criminal attorney from Logansport who also specializes in expungements.

I don't know if I would call them 'unprofessional'. After all, what are the professional standards or code of ethics for podcasters? (Granted, if they were real journalists like newspaper or TV reporters they would be subject to editorial review and I doubt most of this would end up in print or the evening news.) All that said, I don't really care for them or their approach all that much. For one they have an extreme target fixation on one person and that causes them to lose credibility with me.
i meant the ethics of lawyers since the one in question used his profession

I just listened to the latest Murder Sheet podcast. I was starting to be more positive about them with the last episode on the FBI missing a tape. (Although the lengthy info the Abbott/Nasser case should have been a separate episode due to nature of those criminal acts by Nasser, in my opinion.) Now they've slipped off again. We have police activity that could be a training exercise or related to a murder weapon related to a cold case or any other things, being inferred as tied to the legal moves by KAK's lawyer. Wasn't it not too long ago they were whining about another podcaster doing irresponsible things? But again, this is all my viewpoint on the matter and others likely differ.
I understand your point of view and I wonder the same things. However they did say this search had been happening for a number of days, they would not have a multiple day training, imo. That's a lot of $$. It would also be a huge coincidence that ISP takes Kline somewhere, and either during that time or shortly after, they are doing a search in water literally minutes from his home.

That being said, my biggest concern is that it isn't related to Delphi but instead related to CSAM. But then why would ISP have taken him?

Cold Case Coalition has announced a new nationwide database about railroad-related homicides.
The database has already led to possible clues in the case of an unidentified serial killer.
Cold Case Coalition creates database of train-related murders, finds clues in serial killer case - East Idaho News

EASTIDAHONEWS.COM
Cold Case Coalition creates database of train-related murders, finds clues in serial killer case - East Idaho News

My opinion re: Murder Sheet the search at the Wabash.

I'd like to just see the photos and/or videos, pls, and posted before the podcast.

Sounds like they were using metal detectors then digging around in the gravel/rock/sand?
No boats, no divers, just snorkels, googles, spades and buckets.

So a multiday search with divers, metal detectors, and equipment--is the kind of effort that they wouldn't put out unless there was something really serious that they had reason to believe really was there.

I wonder if they're looking for a murder weapon.
That is what I'm thinking - whether it has anything to do with Delphi or not. Between 2017 and now, there have been more than one felony involving a weapon in central IN. It could be related to any of those or one even older. If it does relate to another case I can imagine the LE would gladly not say anything because if everyone is focusing on KAK the real case that is involved manages to avoid the media's questions.

According to the hosts of the MS podcasts (linked above), on August 23 they received a tip that there would be LE activity taking place near the Wabash River in Peru (just a few minutes away from the Kline home). They arrived at the scene and saw LE searching, some in wetsuits, others with equipment that looked like metal detectors, in the river. This search was taking place near the Utility Supply Company in Peru, IN and involved members of the ISP. The hosts were told that the search took place over multiple days and was related to the Kline matter (though they don't know which Kline matter - could be CSAM related).

Edit to add- these searches would have been taking place while KAK was in the temporary, secure custody of the ISP. This ISP's request to do this was approved by KAK's attorney and this was the filing that was sealed. The speculation of the hosts was that this was relevant to the search of the Wabash - perhaps KAK was giving the ISP info about locations or items that were being searched for.

Also in the podcast, they were able to read some of the documents filed recently. If I remember right, one filed by KAK and his attorney on Aug 22 was a request to postpone the upcoming pre-trial hearing because KAK had entered into negotiations with the prosecutor.
To me, that’s the game changer.
That’s what has initiated all the searching and whisking KAK away for a few days.
I’m trying hard not to get too hopeful. We all know we’ve been burned before. But…dang…

Gray Hughes goes over some of the new revolutions. Delphi starts after another case. Sorry no time stamp.

Something about those pictures is really giving me the creeps. Maybe the way the water looks so slithery and sinister.

I hope somebody is about to get answers, even if it's not us.

The Murder Sheet has posted photos of the 'extensive' search on their FB page. Most of it seems to be in the water near the bridge. It appears to be much ado about something less that major.

The Murder Sheet has posted photos of the 'extensive' search on their FB page. Most of it seems to be in the water near the bridge. It appears to be much ado about something less that major.
Some people are being critical of the way the search looks. That the men don't look professional enough or aren't in uniforms. I'm assuming it was a hot August day there, I'm not sure what exactly people think they should be wearing. Everyone seems to think life looks like the movies, but it doesn't. A lot of police work is grunt work, not pretty, not particularly fancy. I see nothing about the photos that makes me think it's not important.
I believe Murder Sheet with this.

No worries. After all the time that has gone by, there is a lot to remember. I know that I myself thought that in the first days after the crime one of the law enforcement officers said in a press conference "know what your children are doing online" but checking the original news sources revealed that he actually said "know where your children are and what is going on in their lives." Which is certainly not the same and I don't think I'm the only one who mis-heard that or remembered incorrectly.
Sorry...this was posted early in this thread but you (and others) did not remember incorrectly.

I haven't contributed to this discussion for a long time, thought I would jump in here...

Redmon actually mentions for parents to "be aware of what kids are doing on social media."

I had this article bookmarked in my old computer from over 5 years ago. lol

March 8, 2017

"Flora Town Marshal Paul Redmon reported Monday night to the Flora Town Council that his department is helping with the murder investigation in Delphi by following up on tips from the tip lines.

Council president Josh Ayres asked if there are any safety concerns for Flora. Redmon replied, “Parents need to know where their kids are and what they are doing.” Redmon went on to explain, “if there is anything good that has come out of this, it is that kids on social media are being looked into. With social media, anyone can talk to anyone else all over the world.”

“Kids are talking to people they don’t know and some (of these people) have been sexual predators,”
he said."

Redmon’s advice to parents is to be parents first and be aware of what kids are doing on social media. “Kids should not be online friends with people parents would not want to stay over at their house,” Redmon concluded.

Fellow ws'ers, don't second guess anything you recall reading from early in this case that you can no longer find.

I have driven myself crazy over stuff I know I read early on regarding this case that has gone 'poof'!

Many links are dead or have been edited to remove info.

I now have thousands of screen shots I am afraid to delete.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member