Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
having arrived at the party at around 10pm, I do not believe she would likely have become so inebriated by 12:30 that she could not function
RSBM.

Thinking about myself, 2 and a half hours is enough to get totally blotto. Especially if I was drinking wine. Or spirits such as rum, vodka, whisky etc.

Depending on how fast Kiely was knocking the drinks back, I think she could've been completely drunk in an hour. Even more so when you consider she was only 16 and so slim-built.

MOO.

RSBM.

Thinking about myself, 2 and a half hours is enough to get totally blotto. Especially if I was drinking wine. Or spirits such as rum, vodka, whisky etc.

Depending on how fast Kiely was knocking the drinks back, I think she could've been completely drunk in an hour. Even more so when you consider she was only 16 and so slim-built.

MOO.
Also, (speculation only) this is a horrible thought, but it is also possible KR *may* have had one or more drinks before she arrived at the party.

Pure speculation on my part, but not outside the realm of possibility.

BBM

-----

Our office continues to receive many questions about the case of Kiely Rodni. While the investigation is still active, we can share that we are the lead investigative agency. We continue to work in partnership with the California Highway Patrol Major Accident Investigations Team and the FBI.
We are currently waiting for the final autopsy report which will include the cause of death and toxicology findings. Our communication with the family is ongoing to ensure they receive any pertinent updates, and our investigators continue to follow up on any investigative leads we receive.
We ask that our community continue to support the Rodni family during their time of need.

Here’s the thing — a person’s alcohol (or drug) tolerance can drastically vary from one day to the next and is dependent upon many different variables. The more obvious factors include their size, consumption history (the quantity and frequency they typically consume), how quickly it enters the body, recent food intake, and so forth. One of the lesser known variables is the consumer’s environment.

Have you ever felt way more tipsy than you normally would after drinking a few measly watered down drinks during happy hour on a random Tuesday night? I know I certainly have! I was happy to learn there’s a scientifically valid explanation for this known as a conditioned compensatory response (or, technically, a lack there of). That might be the only thing I retained from my Principles of Learning class.

The conditioned compensatory response is an automated response our brains initiate in response to familiar stimuli to compensate for the alcohol/drugs that are sure to follow. The brain’s #1 goal at all times is to maintain homeostasis throughout the body. If you get drunk at Billy Bob’s Bar every Saturday night, your brain will learn that Billy Bob’s Bar = alcohol consumption. After this connection is made, your brain begins to compensate for the alcohol as soon as you walk in the door and before you take your first sip of drink. This response lessens the effects of the alcohol. But the next time you decide to have a few drinks somewhere else and without the familiar context cues of Billy Bob’s Bar, the same amount of alcohol will have a stronger effect because that compensatory response will be absent. This also explains how people overdose on the same amount of drugs they usually take.

This is an incredibly crude and oversimplified explanation of the conditioned compensatory response, but it’s essentially just a form of classical conditioning. And I said all this to say — KR may have been more effected by the same amount of alcohol she usually consumed and failed to realize it. I obviously don’t know what KR’s typical drinking habits were, but I just thought I’d throw that out there.

Last edited:
I am very interested in the toxicology. I hope the water, decomposition doesn't affect results too much. The friends continued to make a point of seeing what she drank, even sharing the same drinks. Why offer this information? I heard it over and over.
I don't think she would have purposely got inebriated (as her friend stated she was) knowing she was going to drive home that night, plus had a camping trip the next day - IMO I think it is highly likely, if she was intoxicated, her drinks were spiked, or she took something on purpose that she had done before but this time it was dodgy or mixed with something else.

Last edited:
I don't think she would have purposely got inebriated (as her friend stated she was) knowing she was going to drive home that night, plus had a camping trip the next day - IMO I think it is highly likely, if she was intoxicated, her drinks were spiked, or she took something on purpose that she had done before but this time it was dodgy or mixed with something else.
How many people reported that Kiely was inebriated at the party? More than one? I’m still leaning toward a tragic accident with alcohol/substances involved, and I am questioning aspects of the investigation.

How many people reported that Kiely was inebriated at the party? More than one? I’m still leaning toward a tragic accident with alcohol/substances involved, and I am questioning aspects of the investigation.
Only one witness from the party has publicly stated Kiely was intoxicated. And that witness admits being highly inebriated themselves. No one else that was at the party has given an account of Kiely's state. Not to the public or MSM anyway. Hopefully the partygoers were forthcoming with LE and we just don't know the content of those statements yet. jmo

JMO, but I felt as though that was shared by SS in her interview as a way of saying "No one put anything in the drinks because we shared the drinks, and nothing happened to me except being drunk."

Personally, I still think it would be possible for someone to have slipped something into Kiely's drink. SS said they were together, but then she did also mention they broke apart at times, while talking to groups of people and other things. Linking her interview to make sure I'm within TOS/not to cause clean up issues for sourcing/support:
it's very easy to have something slipped into your drink. I have had it happen twice, once in Edinburgh and once in Lexington KY. Both times I was fully aware of the possibility and also with a group of friends. It only takes one glance away.

RSBM.

MOO.
I don't know, when I was that age I was a huge partier. My friends and I would be her size and we would routinely drink a 6 pack of Smirnoff before even heading out to the party and there we could finish another. Teens that party have super high tolerances lol

The drivers side front window broke underwater while the police were removing the CR-V from the reservoir.

I thought I remembered it being out at the first dive before LE was called.

I thought the two back windows were halfway down and the driver's window was out.

Am I incorrect?

Otis

I thought the two back windows were halfway down and the driver's window was out.

Am I incorrect?

Otis
You could always rewatch that part of the video for absolute confirmation. It's only a few minutes long and starts at 36:00 (when at rear and works his way around toward the driver's side). :) My notes say nothing about the driver's window and they would have for something that huge. My notes say "Passenger window is broken out" and " Rear Driver’s side window is halfway down.".

MOO (and it can you your MOO too if you rewatch that part of the video. LOL)

Am I incorrect?

Otis
The driver's window was up and intact. The passenger window was absent (down or broken). The driver's rear passenger window was halfway down. The passenger rear window was up and intact.

You could always rewatch that part of the video for absolute confirmation. It's only a few minutes long and starts at 36:00 (when at rear and works his way around toward the driver's side). :) My notes say nothing about the driver's window and they would have for something that huge. My notes say "Passenger window is broken out" and " Rear Driver’s side window is halfway down.".

MOO (and it can you your MOO too if you rewatch that part of the video. LOL)
Working today with limited time for video watching.

So, same lingering question for the passenger side window.

Again, I think it was an accident but that broken window leaves room for question.

Otis

I just had a thought... if the diver started at the rear of the vehicle, then moved around to the front driver's window... it seems odd that he didn't mention seeing her in the rear of the vehicle when he confirmed he found her car (due to the license plate). Because she was visible when he went back there to look for her. Just sayin'.

So, not wanting to restart that she was under the cargo cover (because lots have stated this car didn't have one, but even if it did, I seriously doubt she'd be under it and ON TOP OF it instead)... but my thinking is he saw her (cuz you know he had to take a little peekiepoo through the window. I for darn sure would have if I was at that part of the car. My belief is he waited to mention it for dramatic suspense for the video. Then again, he could have seen her, stated he did, and they simply cut that part out to keep it for last. But after watching that part of the vid for the Nth time... it struck me that he hadn't mentioned seeing her where she was found, when he was at that area first.

I've never watched any of their other videos... but for those that have, is this something it appears that they do? Show the video in such a way that a person found in the car is always visible thru the last window they look through? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think this is disputed information. It’s widely available everywhere.

I meant it came to rest on a level surface, on its roof, as pictured in the AWP video. The diver reported the car was upside down, and those of us who watched the extraction live watched them turn it right-side-up before dragging it out wheels down, rear-first.

Edited for typos.
I watched the retrieval live and did not see the vehicle being turned right side up. Do you have the link for that video handy or do you remember which one showed that? Thanks.

Working today with limited time for video watching.

So, same lingering question for the passenger side window.

Again, I think it was an accident but that broken window leaves room for question.

Otis

The passenger window was down/broken out when AWP Diver Nick was in the water with the vehicle.

Some people have speculated AWP broke the window out with their magnet. I think this is EXTREMELY unlikely.
If you watch the video when you have time, you can see Doug from AWP lower the magnet onto the car. He has a lot f experience. He isn't wildly swinging/casting something around in a way that would cleanly and completely smash out a window, IMO.

I can Google this, but are Truly's a popular thing to mix with something like Vodka? My regular seltzer habit is ridiculous enough, so I've never tried a hard one.
They are popular here in British Columbia Canada. They are sweeter than nude or Nutrl. (Not sure if that’s a thing in USA) and sweeter than white claws. They are sweetened with sucralose. They are low calorie. In theory, you could add hard liquor to it and it would’nt taste too strong hence the sweetness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo