Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only saw mention of a "17" on her ribs when I Goog'ed for it. I've seen no mention of any on her legs, although I didn't spend a whole bunch of time on this. I figured if they were going to mention the 17 in articles, they'd mention other tatts as well if there were any. MOO

Given that she was a lil peep fan, the tattoo is likely a tribute to xxxtentacion. It seems like she was into the "life is terrible then you die" heartbroken type of music and with all the evidence we've seen, probably the substance abuse side of that as well. I know a lot of people that exclusively listen to juicewrld, xxxtentacion, lil peep, $uicideboy$ and the likes and for them, it's an entire lifestyle to be sad and get fûcked up all the time.

In this interview Doug says he cannot confirm if Kiely was wearing clothes or shoes. But I thought Nick the diver said he saw shoes when he was looking inside the car - I thought that was the first thing he saw in reference to finding Kiely? Maybe Doug is just being extra cautious but I’m almost certain we have confirmation of shoes.

MOO
I believe in that same Duty Roninterview Doug says there are things he can't confirm because they are things that can compromise LE's investigation. He also says he may release more video if the investigation goes nowhere. My thoughts only-- that AWP knows and saw more than they have released so far. In the aforementioned DutyRin interview both Doug and the retired NYPD detectives and the retired coroner in the interview criticize the vehicle recovery and loss of evidence through open windows and even possible postmortem injury to KRs body by flipping the vehicle before pulling it from the lake. I think they all want justice for KR and worry it may not happen with all the missteps.

Given that she was a lil peep fan, the tattoo is likely a tribute to xxxtentacion. It seems like she was into the "life is terrible then you die" heartbroken type of music and with all the evidence we've seen, probably the substance abuse side of that as well. I know a lot of people that exclusively listen to juicewrld, xxxtentacion, lil peep, $uicideboy$ and the likes and for them, it's an entire lifestyle to be sad and get fûcked up all the time.

Teens tend to "have the feels" though, and sometimes music is simply a way to work through things. I remember processing emotions with all kinds of dark music, and I know my kids did too, especially when they were a bit younger.

This connects to why I personally believe it is possible Kiely stayed out all night after previously intending to go home. A fight with or over a young man, some kind of drama or situation that was very intense, could have felt more important than anything else at that time.

Teens tend to "have the feels" though, and sometimes music is simply a way to work through things. I remember processing emotions with all kinds of dark music, and I know my kids did too, especially when they were a bit younger.

This connects to why I personally believe it is possible Kiely stayed out all night after previously intending to go home. A fight with or over a young man, some kind of drama or situation that was very intense, could have felt more important than anything else at that time.
*shudders in Simple Plan, ATL, MCR, PTV, and Linkin Park* was very much one of those teens haha, and it's well known now that music in general meant a lot to Kiely. We've seen all of her performances of country and blues with her grandpa, singing and playing her instruments. I wonder if she related to those artists because she felt heartbreak over a relationship, or felt like the black sheep always trying to fit in with the cool kids. She may have been hazed for all we know, or simply got too in over her head trying to keep up with the older kids who were used to doing more substances. Either way, I hope people are held accountable. The party culture in that area is out of control IMO.

I remember that in the All American Dream chaser interview with SS, she really made a point to specify remembering kielys belt, (the black grommet belt from surveillance image) because kiely took it off when they peed in the woods and went to the bathroom etc. It was just odd to me.and SS also mentioned the green dickies from the same image. (And vans too, but looks like white flip flops in surveillance image?) <modsnip - no link>
It got me thinking, with all the confusion about what exactly was she wearing and no one bothering to correct LE and which hoodie she has on, which was strange to me too, WHAT if kiely and SS hung out earlier that day(8/5) and didn't want to go home and change before party and borrowed some clothes from SS???

Just a thought

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember that in the All American Dream chaser interview with SS, she really made a point to specify remembering kielys belt, (the black grommet belt from surveillance image) because kiely took it off when they peed in the woods and went to the bathroom etc. It was just odd to me.and SS also mentioned the green dickies from the same image. (And vans too, but looks like white flip flops in surveillance image?) <modsnip>
It got me thinking, with all the confusion about what exactly was she wearing and no one bothering to correct LE and which hoodie she has on, which was strange to me too, WHAT if kiely and SS hung out earlier that day(8/5) and didn't want to go home and change before party and borrowed some clothes from SS???

Just a thought
@Riggamorris Great first post and I LOVE your username!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure Kiely's Vans *are* white, and a mid/high top style? From the surveillance photo widely shared in this thread and MSM. I also think her now removed NAMUS had that detail, but since it is removed cannot be sure?

Kate said Kiely was hanging out with her Friday and they made creme brulee. She never mentioned anyone else, but it is possible.

We also know from MSM and previously mentioned timelines that Kiely brought Mags to the party. It seems *possible*, but NOT confirmed that there could have been some sort of hang out with multiple friends on Friday. We really do not know.

Young people swapping clothes is definitely possible. All of the girls look to be roughly the same size to me--at least close enough to swap amongst themselves. Again, we have no way of knowing though, except for the Lana hoodie which was reported as borrowed.

ETA: This is confusing to me. Sources I'm finding now say black Vans? I swear I saw images that resemble the surveillance, with white Vans. Inside the Search for Missing Teen Kiely Rodni — and Why Other Cases Don’t Get the Same Attention

I'm pretty sure Kiely's Vans *are* white, and a mid/high top style? From the surveillance photo widely shared in this thread and MSM. I also think her now removed NAMUS had that detail, but since it is removed cannot be sure?

Kate said Kiely was hanging out with her Friday and they made creme brulee. She never mentioned anyone else, but it is possible.

We also know from MSM and previously mentioned timelines that Kiely brought Mags to the party. It seems *possible*, but NOT confirmed that there could have been some sort of hang out with multiple friends on Friday. We really do not know.

Young people swapping clothes is definitely possible. All of the girls look to be roughly the same size to me--at least close enough to swap amongst themselves. Again, we have no way of knowing though, except for the Lana hoodie which was reported as borrowed.

ETA: This is confusing to me. Sources I'm finding now say black Vans? I swear I saw images that resemble the surveillance, with white Vans. Inside the Search for Missing Teen Kiely Rodni — and Why Other Cases Don’t Get the Same Attention
I have seen both white and black shoe posts.
The white shoes are in the unnamed store security photo at 6ishpm the day of the party.
I believe the black shoes are mentioned in her missing poster.

The white shoes are in the unnamed store security photo at 6ishpm the day of the party.

Was there another image used of Kiely where the entire white Vans sneaker was visible? I feel as though there was, but maybe it was removed as a non MSM source? Or I'm confused and it was a pair of black sneakers? Thanks!

Yep. Black van's per this poster.

1662847401726.png

They’re saying based on the surveillance photo she’s wearing black Vans - although they do look white in the photo - unless what we’re seeing is white socks & we can’t see the Vans? But then I guess they would’ve mentioned white socks.

ETA: Looking again, I don’t think the white part that I thought was a shoe or sock is even part of Kiely - I think that’s an object in the store and we can’t see her shoes at all.

MOO

Did Kiely have tattoos on her legs/ankles?

Missing Kiely Rodni: Investigators find new video of vanished teen on night of party, reward increases to $75K

Yes, she had one tattoo "17".

Rodni is described as 5 feet, 7 inches tall and about 118 pounds. She has blonde hair and hazel eyes. She has a tattoo on her ribs of the number "17." She has a nose ring and several other piercings and was wearing three gold necklaces the night she went missing, according to her friends.

What is strange to me, is my understanding about iPhones is they charge rapidly, especially in a car.

My sister has one, and I've been out with her while she has plugged it in, and it charges much faster than my (not iPhone) phone does.

So....if SS and Kiely were going back to the CRV to charge phones--which sounds like they did at least once, possibly more in SS interviews, I have two questions:

-How the heck did Kiely's phone die at 12:03 and then again at 12:33 (and turn on to contact SS at 12:36?) and then the same phone is dead again less than 12 hours later when Roadside Nick possibly encounters Kiely?

-What were SS and Kiely doing to run down the phones? Videos? Pictures? Texting mom and the ex bf a couple of times doesn't kill your battery? Or it shouldn't.

Link to SS interview again to try and stay within TOS. (sorry!)

I was thinking the same. The only thing is I didn't want to post that she charged her phone when I don't have that info to back it up. I remembertrd about her charging her phone earlier in at the party but wasn't sure if it was her charger or not. But from what SS Kiely's friened says in this video is that they both went to Kiely's car to charge their phones. So I am assuming that it was Kiely's phone charger since it was her car. Why would SS leave her phone charger in a friend's car. So IMO it more likely was Kiely's. So why didn't she use it as the RA said that she or the "guy" who she seemed uncomfortable with told Nick (RA) her phone was dead???

What is strange to me, is my understanding about iPhones is they charge rapidly, especially in a car.

[/MEDIA]

SBM- This isn't correct. Obviously, different phones, models, etc...have different features and batteries. However, the source is coming from is going to be consistent, which in a vehicle this old isn't fantastic. You could have an iPhone 13, 8, 6 and a Galaxy 22, 10, 8. Charging from a from this vehicle is going to be poor by any standards, regardless of your phone. Yes, there will be batteries that will do better but nothing mind blowing.

I was thinking the same. The only thing is I didn't want to post that she charged her phone when I don't have that info to back it up. I remembertrd about her charging her phone earlier in at the party but wasn't sure if it was her charger or not. But from what SS Kiely's friened says in this video is that they both went to Kiely's car to charge their phones. So I am assuming that it was Kiely's phone charger since it was her car. Why would SS leave her phone charger in a friend's car. So IMO it more likely was Kiely's. So why didn't she use it as the RA said that she or the "guy" who she seemed uncomfortable with told Nick (RA) her phone was dead???
"her phone charger in a friend's car. So IMO it more likely was Kiely's. So why didn't she use it?"
Nick (RA) said that the gal and guy couldn't get the engine to turn over
( because the gear was in neutral ?)
so maybe they couldn't get a charger to work ?

SBM- This isn't correct. Obviously, different phones, models, etc...have different features and batteries. However, the source is coming from is going to be consistent, which in a vehicle this old isn't fantastic. You could have an iPhone 13, 8, 6 and a Galaxy 22, 10, 8. Charging from a from this vehicle is going to be poor by any standards, regardless of your phone. Yes, there will be batteries that will do better but nothing mind blowing.
I see your point about the charging capacity of different vehicles. But at the same time she did have time to charge her phone in between mingling for stretches at a time during the party. But my main thought is what about afterwrds meaning after her last phone ping. If she had a charger with her in her vehicle why let it die. I'm also going based on the witness account of Nick the Roadside Assistant what that was about specifically she used the "guy" she was with his phone to call for help with that RA company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard