Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably Harper Collins and The Sunday Telegraph would disagree with that opinion, as well as 60 Minutes.
They see his value, built by many years of police and investigative experience.

Good on him for calling for a public inquiry. He is in a position to be heard.

imo
Hi SA, I don’t disagree with his call for a Public Enquiry. I would welcome one.

Its totally unbelievable / unacceptable to me, that a little boy can vanish into thin air within minutes, but with all the technology we have available these days, all these years have gone by with no explanation / answers.

Whilst I’m sure Mr Jubelin has no care for my opinion <modsnip - personalizing>, I hope the bitterness fades & things go better for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been away from this thread for awhile. Has this new task force solved the case and found the necessary evidence to charge the foster parents with William's disappearance since I have been away?

I assume most of the testing on all of that sifted dirt has come in already. And the forensics on the cars and the news searches of the homes, etc.

I have been away from this thread for awhile. Has this new task force solved the case and found the necessary evidence to charge the foster parents with William's disappearance since I have been away?

I assume most of the testing on all of that sifted dirt has come in already. And the forensics on the cars and the news searches of the homes, etc.
I don't think they do have anything, I believe if they did they would lay charges. My thoughts are that they are trying to put pressure on them because this is their last ditch effort to solve the crime.

‘Active and ongoing’: Investigation continues into missing boy William Tyrrell​

September 12, 2022 - 7:24AM

"NSW Police have provided an update on their investigation into the case of missing boy William Tyrrell, who vanished eight years ago.
NSW Police are still committed to uncovering what happened to William Tyrrell after the young boy vanished in the state’s mid-north coast eight years ago.
The three-year-old was last seen wearing a Spider-Man suit while playing at his foster grandmother’s Kendall home on September 12, 2014.

Homicide Squad Commander Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty released a statement on the investigation on Monday – the anniversary of his disappearance.

He said their investigations are ongoing and they are continuing to prepare a brief for the coroner.
“While (Monday) will mark eight years of deep sadness for William’s loved ones, it will also mark eight years of never giving up hope that the next phone call will bring the news they have longed for - that William has been found. William, we will never give up!”

‘Active and ongoing’: Investigation continues into missing boy William Tyrrell​

September 12, 2022 - 7:24AM

"NSW Police have provided an update on their investigation into the case of missing boy William Tyrrell, who vanished eight years ago.
NSW Police are still committed to uncovering what happened to William Tyrrell after the young boy vanished in the state’s mid-north coast eight years ago.
The three-year-old was last seen wearing a Spider-Man suit while playing at his foster grandmother’s Kendall home on September 12, 2014.

Homicide Squad Commander Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty released a statement on the investigation on Monday – the anniversary of his disappearance.

He said their investigations are ongoing and they are continuing to prepare a brief for the coroner.
“While (Monday) will mark eight years of deep sadness for William’s loved ones, it will also mark eight years of never giving up hope that the next phone call will bring the news they have longed for - that William has been found. William, we will never give up!”

Earlier this morning this same article was available online, but it hadn’t been properly formatted and edited, included with the police statement was ‘no further comment will be available’. I guess this is all we’ll be hearing from police.

It’s not much of an update, Danny Doherty made similar comments the other week.

Earlier this morning this same article was available online, but it hadn’t been properly formatted and edited, included with the police statement was ‘no further comment will be available’. I guess this is all we’ll be hearing from police.

It’s not much of an update, Danny Doherty made similar comments the other week.
I must have missed Danny Doherty's comments that you mention Lemony. I thought he has been very quiet. What did he say, please?

I must have missed Danny Doherty's comments that you mention Lemony. I thought he has been very quiet. What did he say, please?

I saved the recent articles from The Daily Telegraph - the first version stated almost identical words from Supt. Doherty, to the information that was released today, his statement was later cut out of the edited version and re - used for todays article in The Daily Telegraph … word for word … imo

Original article was published at
September 3, 2022 - 6:00AM
The Saturday Telegraph

Edit to add: The same quotes by Doherty are in the 9 Article linked above by Bear …. (free article)

Reference is a paywall article

Last edited:

Going back to the start, I recall that the Foster Carers said that William would never wander. He knew his limitations and would stay a safe distance away.

I can’t help then to question why the Foster Mother would jump in her mothers car and drive a minimum 750m away to the riding school?

Has anyone ever heard a believable explanation of the drive when William was not a wanderer?

This drive before William was reported missing always concerned me as it contradicts the narrative.

Going back to the start, I recall that the Foster Carers said that William would never wander. He knew his limitations and would stay a safe distance away.

I can’t help then to question why the Foster Mother would jump in her mothers car and drive a minimum 750m away to the riding school?

Has anyone ever heard a believable explanation of the drive when William was not a wanderer?

This drive before William was reported missing always concerned me as it contradicts the narrative.
Such a crucial piece of information and yet it was withheld from being mentioned or reported on until the coroner released the edited clip of Ffc walkthrough during the inquest. Well didn’t that make everyones ears prick up!!! What I would love to know if Ffc provided the details of her drive in her first formal statement to police.

Last edited:
Such a crucial piece of information and yet it was withheld from being mentioned or reported on until the coroner released the edited clip of Ffc walkthrough during the inquest. Well didn’t that make everyones ears prick up!!! What I would love to know if Ffc provided the details of her drive in her first formal statement to police.
JMO – I wonder if the First Responder, following 000 Call by FFC, immediately on arrival checked both FFGM Mazda and MFC’s vehicle when he arrived? If the Mazda engine was still warm, then the question of why could have been asked of Fosters.

JMO – I wonder if the First Responder, following 000 Call by FFC, immediately on arrival checked both FFGM Mazda and MFC’s vehicle when he arrived? If the Mazda engine was still warm, then the question of why could have been asked of Fosters.
If the drive took place before 10am I doubt the engine would still be warm after an hr. But What if Ffc never took that drive in fgm car. What if that drive was in mfc car with mfc.

If the drive took place before 10am I doubt the engine would still be warm after an hr. But What if Ffc never took that drive in fgm car. What if that drive was in mfc car with mfc.
Chrissy, are you putting this estimated time in doubt? (Detectives have estimated that William disappeared between 10.05 – 10.15 am.

MOO - Calculating how long she must have been searching (which must have included her drive in the Mazda) …. Around 15 minutes must have elapsed before the text message was seen by her on her phone. (MFC sent it to her at 10.30am).

Drsleuth has said here previously that: FFC was asked by Mr Craddock : “Did you have an expectation when your husband would be back?” and she answered , " 10:30 at the latest".

JMO - so I am thinking that if FFC did drive the Mazda, then she would have met MFC on the driveway when he arrived back at Benaroon at around 10.35am. Then that would be about 30 minutes after that First Responder arrived.

N
Chrissy, are you putting this estimated time in doubt? (Detectives have estimated that William disappeared between 10.05 – 10.15 am.

MOO - Calculating how long she must have been searching (which must have included her drive in the Mazda) …. Around 15 minutes must have elapsed before the text message was seen by her on her phone. (MFC sent it to her at 10.30am).

Drsleuth has said here previously that: FFC was asked by Mr Craddock : “Did you have an expectation when your husband would be back?” and she answered , " 10:30 at the latest".

JMO - so I am thinking that if FFC did drive the Mazda, then she would have met MFC on the driveway when he arrived back at Benaroon at around 10.35am. Then that would be about 30 minutes after that First Responder arrived.
No you’re right sorry I was a little confused. Ignore my last post

Just MOO - but I think everything is still an unknown (certainly to the public), and I‘m trying to remain impartial until guided by ‘facts’, as much as quite a few things have set off my hinky meter!

Police estimates of the time William disappeared will have (imo) been based on the information given to them by his FFFC, since she was the one who noticed he was quiet /missing.

I guess this is what the investigating team is trying to work through & what a challenge it would be.
The only other adult said to be present at the address at that time has now passed, and who knows what memories of the day William’s sister may have retained & of this tragic situation.

My faith is strong, and the truth will prevail, no matter the time it takes

Totally Agree!!!!!

It is very sad for William, that here we are, 8 years later and he has not been found …. And no significant update ….
imo
Although it's hard to remember every anniversary over the years, this one has been extremely quiet in comparison to others IMO.
Very little from police, and apart from Jubelin speaking out there hasn't been much in the media either.

Here's one media story, a clip from 10 News (ignore the title about the new clue, there is no mention of it in this clip)

This drive before William was reported missing always concerned me as it contradicts the narrative.I
I daresay it's just me, but re William not being a wanderer - I'm never been really happy about that as a given fact. I'm not any sort of expert on child behaviour (even though I've had 2 of my own), but 1. I don't think you can be sure that any child would never wander, and 2. I would have thought that with his energetic personality, William might be just the sort of child who would wander. JMO

I daresay it's just me, but re William not being a wanderer - I'm never been really happy about that as a given fact. I'm not any sort of expert on child behaviour (even though I've had 2 of my own), but 1. I don't think you can be sure that any child would never wander, and 2. I would have thought that with his energetic personality, William might be just the sort of child who would wander. JMO

I agree. I think circumstances are important. For example, a kid may not wander away from their parent(s) in a busy shopping centre full of strangers but that same kid may go wild in a big open space when playing tigers and Spider-Man, especially when described at the time as being 'full of beans' and 'out of his skull'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard