Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
William Tyrrell: ‘One million reasons’ to come forward over toddler’s abduction
7:29pm September 12, 2016

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fimages%2f2015%2fapril%2f17%2f1604_william_tyrrell_1.ashx%3fw%3d603

A $1 million reward, the largest in New South Wales history, has been announced for information that leads to the arrest of the person who abducted missing toddler William Tyrrell, or for the boy’s safe return or recovery.

William, then aged three, went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the state's mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

[...]

"You’re in a much better position if you come to us than if we come to you."

Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS WRITTEN BELOW. YOU MUST FOLLOW WHAT IS OUTLINED OR YOU WILL BE TIMED OUT OR BANNED!!!!

Thanks to DrSleuth for your help in writing up the information needed for the discussion.

Here is what we can and cannot discuss.

No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE
CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

Prior to the coronial inquest, the bio families could be identified, but it was overturned by the coroner for the inquest.

I am very sorry it took me so long to open this thread back up. Please keep in mind we are short handed so if this thread starts to get out of control with alerts we will have to close it again.
Please do not hesitate to alert but make sure the alert is truly needed. We have experienced a lot of tit for tat alerts and that makes me foam at the mouth, grow hair on my hands and my teeth turn into fangs. In other words please be sure when you post you are posting within our terms of service.

Thank you,
Tricia

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/MAPS/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43
Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 (Thread #66 pulled for review) Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72

Last edited by a moderator:
So, does that mean it's OK to discuss any other books on the subject?

There is no blanket approval. Please contact a Mod or Admin with the name of the book and the author and we will make a decision.

Chumley's book "Searching for Spiderman" is not approved.

Gary Jubelin's book and Caroline Overington's book are the only two that are approved for discussion at this time.

I think they should be okay - as one is a journo and one is an ex-lead detective on the case - but I will alert on my post and see if a mod can clarify how we should reference. Whether that be the book and page number, or a screenshot of the specific excerpt from the page of one of the allowable books.

IIRC stormbird was putting up screenshots when she spoke of particular passages from Overington's book.

Both books can be discussed.

Always give credit to the author. Book title, page # and paraphrasing or brief quotes are allowed.

Screenshots and more extensive quoting requires approval of the author (the copyright holder).

Do not try to get more content in by breaking it up into multiple posts.

ADMIN NOTE:

This case has its very own set of very unique circumstances that we are having to work around and we know it is difficult for our members.

Of course we have William's case, but we also have the complicating factors of the foster situation, a living minor child, a coronial inquest that prevents publication of names, an AVO not known 100% to be immediately connected to William's case.

Taking all the above into consideration, we can not allow sleuthing of individuals who have not been publicly named.

Discussing what is in MSM is fine, but actual sleuthing of unnamed persons and posting about their background, their personal information or social media is not allowed.

Thanks to everyone here for trying to post accordingly through all this murkiness.

ADMIN NOTE:

IMPORTANT

PLEASE READ AND 'LIKE' THIS POST SO WE KNOW YOU HAVE READ IT.

Thread #66 remains pulled due to a recent influx of trolls. We may be able to get it reinstated in a couple of weeks.

Those individuals that we have been able to identify have been banned. There may be others who registered earlier and are waiting in the wings.

This new thread is for discussion only by our long term, veteran Websleuths members who have a sincere dedication to William's case

As a result of this recent troll invasion we are not allowing new members to join in this discussion.

We are requesting that our trusted members Report posts by new members who join Websleuths after today to participate in William's thread. We will review the matter and deal with it accordingly.

Those whose goal is to incite conflict are not welcome at Websleuths.

Thank you to all our members who have been able to participate respectfully and responsibly in this discussion. We truly appreciate you.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

Last edited:
Police followed a certain line of enquiry after the Coroner made recommendations.

Multiple charges have been laid and the line of investigation has been very clear.

For all we know there could me more charges to come.

The ones that we already know about make me sick.

Who knows how William suffered them bruises before he disappeared into thin air?

Who knows how William suffered them bruises before he disappeared into thin air?

Just so we can keep the facts in this case straight ..... AFAIK there was one bruise. There is no "them bruises" about it, is there?

And there will be a friend's account and a hospital record of that accident and one bruise ... a black eye.

As health professionals are mandated reporters, if they got a hinky vibe from William about how that bruise occurred it was their responsibility to report. Which is not something that we have heard happened.

Ben Attwood, Salvation Army ...... "He had been climbing up as the foster mother was having a cup of tea with a friend and had fallen on a piece of furniture."
William Tyrrell Inside Privileged Life

(Paraphrased) .... FM explained how William had fallen against a table, she then took him to the hospital as a precaution.
William Tyrrell Behind The Silence Lies So Much Pain

Just so we can keep the facts in this case straight ..... AFAIK there was one bruise. There is no "them bruises" about it, is there?

And there will be a friend's account and a hospital record of that accident and one bruise ... a black eye.

As health professionals are mandated reporters, if they got a hinky vibe from William about how that bruise occurred it was their responsibility to report. Which is not something that we have heard happened.

Ben Attwood, Salvation Army ...... "He had been climbing up as the foster mother was having a cup of tea with a friend and had fallen on a piece of furniture."
William Tyrrell Inside Privileged Life

(Paraphrased) .... FM explained how William had fallen against a table, she then took him to the hospital as a precaution.
William Tyrrell Behind The Silence Lies So Much Pain
Hi South Aussie your last link is paywalled. Any chance of posting a link that can be opened and read. Thank you

From Caroline Overington's book.

But then, around 11 a.m. on Thursday, 11 September, William’s foster mum was at home working while the children were at childcare when her phone rang. It was her husband, saying his 2 p.m. meeting had been cancelled, leaving him with just one more appointment, a meeting in Chatswood, at 1 p.m., and then he would be clear for the afternoon.
‘What do you think, should we go up today?’ he said.
William’s foster mum thought yes, because to leave Sydney on a Thursday is so much better than to leave on a Friday, when traffic on the Pacific Highway so often slows to a crawl. There was just one problem: the cats.
William’s foster parents had two cats upon which they doted. They were happy to leave them at home by themselves for up to two nights, but for anything longer than that, they had to get somebody to replace food and water, as well as let them out. They hadn’t arranged for anyone to do that.
‘I’ll have to ring around, see if I can get them in somewhere,’ William’s foster mum said.
‘Let me know, and I’ll come home and help you pack,’ her husband replied.
William’s foster mum phoned three cat-boarding places before landing upon Sydney Pet Boarding at Duffys Forest, who said yes, they could take the cats but they closed at 3 p.m. William’s foster mum called her husband back, and he said: ‘Good, because I’ll be home by two.’
William’s foster mum finished up her work and began to pack clothing and toys, puzzles for the children. William’s foster dad, when he got home, opened the back of the car – he had just a few weeks earlier taken possession of a brand new Land Rover Discovery, to indulge his love of four-wheel driving – and put the kids’ bikes in.
William’s was new. He was born on 26 June 2011, and the bike had been a present for his third birthday.
Lindsay had a new bike, too.
The packing took longer than expected. There’s always one more thing when you’re packing for kids, isn’t there? William’s foster mum called the cattery from the car while they were still in the driveway, just to let them know they were definitely on the way. The folk at the cattery turned out to be nice people, agreeing to stay open an extra fifteen minutes. William’s foster parents arrived at 3.15 p.m., and the owner let William’s foster mum look around to see where her cats would sleep.
She paid the bill in advance: $261.50, for three days’ boarding.
William’s foster parents drove from the cattery to the childcare centre, arriving sometime between 3.45 p.m. and 4 p.m.

I saw this being discussed elsewhere - that the clothes for the children was packed by the FFC before picking them up at childcare.

So it was the FFC who decided to pack the Spiderman Outfit for the trip, as she packed their clothes before picking them up from childcare and dropped the cats off too before picking up children and travelling to FFGM's house.

It may not be important but is interesting. MOO

But then, around 11 a.m. on Thursday, 11 September, William’s foster mum was at home working while the children were at childcare when her phone rang. It was her husband, saying his 2 p.m. meeting had been cancelled, leaving him with just one more appointment, a meeting in Chatswood, at 1 p.m., and then he would be clear for the afternoon.
William’s foster mum thought yes, because to leave Sydney on a Thursday is so much better than to leave on a Friday, when traffic on the Pacific Highway so often slows to a crawl. There was just one problem: the cats.
William’s foster parents had two cats upon which they doted. They were happy to leave them at home by themselves for up to two nights, but for anything longer than that, they had to get somebody to replace food and water, as well as let them out. They hadn’t arranged for anyone to do that.
‘I’ll have to ring around, see if I can get them in somewhere,’ William’s foster mum said.
William’s foster mum phoned three cat-boarding places before landing upon Sydney Pet Boarding at Duffys Forest, who said yes, they could take the cats but they closed at 3 p.m. William’s foster mum called her husband back, and he said: ‘Good, because I’ll be home by two.’
William’s foster mum finished up her work and began to pack clothing and toys, puzzles for the children. William’s foster dad, when he got home, opened the back of the car – he had just a few weeks earlier taken possession of a brand new Land Rover Discovery, to indulge his love of four-wheel driving – and put the kids’ bikes in.
William’s was new. He was born on 26 June 2011, and the bike had been a present for his third birthday.
The packing took longer than expected. There’s always one more thing when you’re packing for kids, isn’t there? William’s foster mum called the cattery from the car while they were still in the driveway, just to let them know they were definitely on the way. The folk at the cattery turned out to be nice people, agreeing to stay open an extra fifteen minutes. William’s foster parents arrived at 3.15 p.m., and the owner let William’s foster mum look around to see where her cats would sleep.
William’s foster parents drove from the cattery to the childcare centre, arriving sometime between 3.45 p.m. and 4 p.m.

I saw this being discussed elsewhere - that the clothes for the children was packed by the FFC before picking them up at childcare.

So it was the FFC who decided to pack the Spiderman Outfit for the trip, as she packed their clothes before picking them up from childcare and dropped the cats off too before picking up children and travelling to FFGM's house.

MFC helped with packing. Who is to say, FFC chose the spiderman outfit (on her own)? Did MFC only put the bikes into the SUV; was that already all, he contributed? I believe, he was used to be more involved than that. I had the impression until now. According to the motto: you wanted children, so help (without "please")! - All IMO.

I struggle to see how the Ffc was happy to leave the cats on their own for up to 2 days but more than 2 days would require replacing food and water and they had not made prior arrangements for that.
So what I take from this is that the fc who “pre planned” to visit fgm over the weekend had not made prior arrangements for the cats as they would only be gone for a couple of days and that was apparently fine but deciding to leave a day earlier prompted Ffc to find a cattery to accommodate the cats considering 3 days was too long for cats to be left on their own.
having cats and dogs myself pets need to be fed daily sometimes twice a day and water bowls cleaned and filled multiple times a day.
Thought about this many times and
Makes me question whether the so called “planned” visit to grandmas wasn’t really pre planned at all and was more a spare of the moment decision. Had the trip been preplanned surely something would have been arranged earlier for the cats to be looked after even if just by a neighbour to pop over and at least feed them and change their water. No such arrangements for their cats who they doted were made prior and organising a cattery for them was done last minute. This became the basis of the fc story of how them leaving a day early for their “planned” trip depended solely on them finding accommodation for the cats and the receipt to prove this was shown to police to verify their story.
Fp then called fgm whilst in the car on their way to her house to advise their early arrival which the fgm was a bit distressed about.
These seemingly little details to me are actually very revealing and IMO the trip to grandmas was not planned at all (not for that weekend anyway) and was a decision for whatever reason made in the moment.
Don’t think grandma was expecting any visitors that weekend hence why it was a “Surprise Visit for grandma and the kids”.

Would love to know if the childcare centre wt and his sister attended were notified in advance that the children would not be attending on the Friday due to a planned visit to grandmas..

Last edited:
I find it very strange that the FP's would throw away $2000 of gifts that the Biological parents gave William.

Does anyone else find this strange or controlling behaviour?

<modsnip: Names of bio and foster families are not allowed at WS>
Yes I do find that incredibly strange, disrespectful and rude. Were the gifts given to the kids or seen by the kids prior to discarding them?

William Tyrrell foster parents charged with dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception​

The foster parents of missing boy William Tyrrell are facing fresh charges over alleged fraudulent activity in connection with the sale of a Sydney property.

William Tyrrell’s foster parents have been charged with fraud after allegedly inserting someone into an auction to make fake bids on their Sydney property.

They are due to front a court on Sydney’s north shore in October after being charged with offences alleging fraud over a property.

The 55-year-old man and 57-year-old woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, have each been charged with dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception.

Police will allege in court that the matters related to procuring a third party to place dummy bids at an auction for a Sydney property listed under the father’s name.

They will allege it was an attempt to dishonestly obtain financial advantage by deception that occurred between December 10 and 12 in 2020.

The maximum penalty for such an offence is 10 years in jail.

They are due to appear at Hornsby Court on October 20.

The fresh charges are not connected with William’s disappearance from his grandmother’s house at Kendall on the NSW mid north coast on September 12, 2014, when he was aged three.

. . .

In June, a court heard the foster mum will also fight a charge knowingly giving false or misleading evidence during a hearing about the boy’s disappearance. [BBM]

Ha ha - they just bin givn that old Tree a damn good Shake, and look at all what comes fallin out !

MOO, but I think the trip may well have been somewhat unplanned because a sibling was arriving to go through FGM's belongings before she moved out of her home. Perhaps for some reason FF/FM were alarmed by this and wanted to get on the front foot.

I wonder if they'd used this cattery previously because IMO it's unusual for a dog or cat owner to leave their pets somewhere last minute that they hadn't previously used or seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth