Hurricane Ian, Sept 2022

Thank you all for the updates. My youngest is in Lakeland on the third floor of an apartment. He isn’t too concerned but his girlfriend is scared. I will be heading that way on Thursday to Friday and worry how the weather will be on the way down. The hospital rescheduled my appointment from today to Saturday, so I hope the conditions are going to be okay. I’m definitely having flashbacks of Charley with this one. I am praying for everyone impacted by this monster of a storm.

I always say one for all the animals who get caught in the storm, too. The meteorologist on RH's feed said birds were seeking shelter in the eye of Ian.
Me too. It breaks my heart thinking about the animals. I connect with animals so much more than people. When I think about these innocent and helpless animals my eyes always sweat.

Just showed a clip. Kitty was stranded on top of some type of outdoor storage cabinet. He waded out and got it.

View attachment 369508
I LOVE some Ryan Hall Y'all. I have been following him for I think about a year now or maybe a little more. He is really awesome at what he does. I feel like he keeps us more informed than MSM.

We are in transportation and a lot of times my guys are in areas he reports on. When the tornados broke out this past spring early summer in Texas he is the one I followed live in order to report back to my guys on the road who were in the area. Reed Timmer was right ahead of two of my guys and I was able to get my guys to pull over before hitting live wires. The word THANKFUL will never be enough for that night alone for everything this man and his team does.

I LOVE some Ryan Hall Y'all. I have been following him for I think about a year now or maybe a little more. He is really awesome at what he does. I feel like he keeps us more informed than MSM.

We are in transportation and a lot of times my guys are in areas he reports on. When the tornados broke out this past spring early summer in Texas he is the one I followed live in order to report back to my guys on the road who were in the area. Reed Timmer was right ahead of two of my guys and I was able to get my guys to pull over before hitting live wires. The word THANKFUL will never be enough for that night alone for everything this man and his team does.
Someone sent pics of a Best Buy in Indiana that had his stream on their big TVs.

Shout out to media personnel who brave the elements to bring us up-to-the-minute reports on weather events. Prayers for the safety of these newscasters as they "weather" the storm to keep us informed.
This was about 2 hours ago in Pine Island with Reed Timmer.
The Dominator (his storm chasing vehicle) was taken by the bay.
I hope he makes it out alive. But IMO from the looks of it, I’m not so sure. :/

Hurricane Ian made landfall in Florida on Wednesday as a powerful Category 4 storm.

Maximum sustained winds were around 150 mph as it hit the southwest coast, at the island of Cayo Costa near Fort Meyers and Cape Coral.

The National Hurricane Center has warned of “life-threatening storm surge, catastrophic winds and flooding in the Florida Peninsula," with millions under evacuation orders...

Last edited:
Thankfully my 2 South Florida daughters and their families are safe though I just heard that 36k people in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties are now without power. But it could be so much worse.

My husband's sister is in Ocala as is a good friend and her mom. The friend is a veterinarian and is busy seeing to local animals. Oldest daughter's father-in-law and sister-in-law are on the West Coast so that's the big worry at the moment.

My thoughts are with WS members in FL or who have family there. It's been a very long time since I've been through a hurricane but I still remember my house flying apart. Some memories never leave.

Be safe all! Hugs.

I’ve read reports today from people who couldn’t evacuate because of their pets. Either they had no way to transport them, or because shelters and don’t allow pets.

And they refused to leave without their beloved pets.

As an animal lover my heart goes out to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136
Back