VA VA - Alyssa Nicole Taylor, 25, left for a few days in a tractor trailer, Accomack Co, 13 Sept 2022

I'm still in disbelief that this happened right in my back yard. That's the exit that I use to take my pets to the vet in the Home Depot plaza. I saw the notices that the highway was closed because of a serious accident. Chilling that some of her remains might still be there, a young woman with so many years ahead of her, just looking for something a little interesting to do.

The family has said the truck did have a sleeper cab.
Does anyone have the ability or software to recreate the accident? It sounds like her hometown is helping and believes it is very likely she was in the truck. The geo tags and cell phone pings will be key here. I'm thinking if someone can recreate the accident with her in the sleeper then maybe they can know where to look more closely in the wreckage for dna. The family also talked about trying to find someone who could recreate the accident in one of the lives on social media.
I hope I'm not crossing any lines by sharing information that has been shared on sm. This is all my opinion and I'm brainstorming to help find Alyssa

I'm hoping the VIN# for the truck is available somewhere. I've been looking, but so far, no luck. Anyone? Any accident reports from that night?

If it has been published publicly, that is an acceptable source which should confirm the sleeper. Then we do not have to worry about SM. (It's not that I do not believe what was shared, just want the sourcing to be OK)

I think this might be Danny's employer, in Belle Haven, VA, along the route he last took:
Moore's Trucking - Facebook
The only cabs (all sleepers) I see in the photos are Volvos and Freightliners, however the site isn't very up to date, and his Mack was from 2022. The parent company's site isn't much help, because it doesn't seem to cover their OTR trucking operations.

This was broadcast shortly after the crash. (Several videos) I do not believe it has been shared yet: I-85 reopens more than 12 hours after tractor trailer driver killed in crash in Orange County
Thanks... yikes... seeing them pull crumbling bits of bridge off is pretty mindblowing. I have driven across that many times. It's so weird to see these reports when I remember so clearly when the highway was closed and people saying, "that must have been a really horrible accident".

RSBM
Should be the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (CBBT), carrying US 13. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge is a whole 'nother animal, far to the north and connecting Annapolis with OCMD and other points on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
Thank you! I've been through the area, but not in any way a local and only quoting the article.

Thanks... yikes... seeing them pull crumbling bits of bridge off is pretty mindblowing. I have driven across that many times. It's so weird to see these reports when I remember so clearly when the highway was closed and people saying, "that must have been a really horrible accident".
Please take care. I know they mentioned repairs, but that gave me pause as well. I hope everything has been thoroughly checked.

SEP 29, 2022
[...]

On Thursday, they placed a memorial at the crash site in Hillsborough to remember Taylor and her friend, Daniel McNeal.

“We picked one out that has Halloween stuff on it because she loves Halloween, and I’m painting an ‘A’ because she loved green,” said Krista Taylor, Alyssa Taylor’s mom.

It’s their last stop before heading back to Virginia.

[...]

On Wednesday, the North Carolina Highway Patrol went out and checked the Sampson County landfill after repeated requests from the family and an investigation into Taylor’s disappearance.

Unfortunately for the family nothing turned up.

[...]

The family says because the highway patrol says they don’t investigate missing persons cases– the family is hoping another agency will continue the search in North Carolina.

SEP 29, 2022
Alyssa's aunt Shelly Payton visited the crash site on Thursday. She says the official story from law enforcement does not add up.

"I know she was in this accident, I mean the proof points to her being there," she said.

"The wrecking company said when they got there the cab was gone, which is probably where she would've been at the time sleeping in the back of the cab," she continued.

SEP 29, 2022
Alyssa's aunt Shelly Payton visited the crash site on Thursday. She says the official story from law enforcement does not add up.

"I know she was in this accident, I mean the proof points to her being there," she said.

"The wrecking company said when they got there the cab was gone, which is probably where she would've been at the time sleeping in the back of the cab," she continued.

Per this article, if North Carolina LE does not feel Alyssa was in the truck at the time of the accident, I wonder where do they feel she may reasonably be?

Until we knew the brief stop showed only Danny exiting the truck, I was also willing to explore the possibility that Alyssa was dropped off to meet up with someone/others. We know she was not in the best situation or state of mind, and it is certainly possible she could have asked to be dropped off to discuss a place to live, a job, or anything else and picked up on the return.

Edited to clarify: if the truck did not stop, and nothing shows Alyssa exiting the truck, we have an obvious conflict there though. How is NC LE explaining this??

I am also curious what the "many belongings" found of Alyssas mentioned in this article are? Have more items been found aside from her blanket? I've personally said I'm not sure we can be certain a size 8 Old Navy flip flop is hers, since that's about as common as finding a plastic comb. Could belong to anyone.

Just because Danny stopped, doesn’t necessarily mean Alyssa would have gotten out. I rode with my son and DIL for two weeks cross country. We all didn’t get out at every stop. Especially the person who was asleep in the back.
No, it doesn't mean she did. Normally, it would be anyone's guess though and something we would need to consider as possible.

If you scroll back, one of the articles mentioned only Danny was shown on camera leaving the vehicle.

That is the point I'm trying to make. From the information we have been provided, the truck stopped once, for about 2-3 minutes, and only Danny was shown exiting the truck. Only Danny was shown on various cameras at other times as well.

The ONLY time Alyssa was( likely) verified as a passenger in the truck is during the interaction with law enforcement when Danny was parked illegally outside of his friend's house, early in the trip. This is when the images in footage were unclear, but Alyssa's family identified her voice.

Snipped, BBM.

Well, anyone with size 8 feet and poor enough judgment to shop at Old Navy.

What is this supposed to mean? Old Navy has an annual flip flop sale where I regularly grab a couple of pairs for the family for things like gym/pool showers, keeping in the back of the car for the beach, or just to have, and they have stores all over the country.

Tucking a pair of flip flops in a bag on a road trip seems totally normal to me.

I feel they could belong to just about anyone because the size is common, and other women have gone on record in MSM as calling Danny to help him stay awake at night. Seems plausible to me that other friends may have joined him on the road, and something like an Old Navy flip flop isn't the kind of thing you're going to fret over, or even notice as missing. i.e. it could easily be left behind, jammed under a seat.

IMHO Goodness! I wonder if her friends and family were use to her making off the cuff statements like the tractor trailer one. Hope for a good outcome.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back