VA VA - Alyssa Nicole Taylor, 25, left for a few days in a tractor trailer, Accomack Co, 13 Sept 2022

My heart goes out to her family. They are amazing, to be fighting so hard.

I think some different terrible mistakes have combined to create this entire situation.

One possible mistake is the claim by some investigators that she wasn't there. For them to insist this, when parts of the truck were incinerated, is devastating. It's unacceptable, because they can't "know."

Just admit a mistake may have been made by people who didn't realize the possibility at the time.

NamUs says she has a tattoo that reads, ""If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever."
Very sad.

There are other cases on Websleuths where people have gone missing after fires. Investigators insist they weren't in the fire. Maybe people need to be more willing to say, We are so sorry, but we just don't know.
All JMO.

I just heard about this case... been away from WS for a while.. and I am trying to read everything I can on it. Wow. So sad, and I feel so bad for her family. The not knowing for sure has got to be awful.

My question is... with respect to the family, as I mean no harm.... (and I apologize if this has been addressed before)...if the driver was 4x the legal limit DUI, WHY would she ride with him? Perhaps she got out at the truck stop where he bought beer and refused to get back in? Is this possible? I would love those of you with a better understanding of the case to chime in. And again.... I feel so much sorrow and compassion for the family. Thank you.

I just heard about this case... been away from WS for a while.. and I am trying to read everything I can on it. Wow. So sad, and I feel so bad for her family. The not knowing for sure has got to be awful.

My question is... with respect to the family, as I mean no harm.... (and I apologize if this has been addressed before)...if the driver was 4x the legal limit DUI, WHY would she ride with him?
He almost certainly hadn't started drinking when she got in the sleeper, and he also made sure to hide it from her once he did start, wherever and whenever that was. Easy to do, she was probably asleep in the bunk.
Perhaps she got out at the truck stop where he bought beer and refused to get back in? Is this possible?
I doubt it, she would've contacted family by now.

All MOO

*9/30/2023:
It has been one year since 25-year-old Alyssa Taylor went missing. Taylor told her family she was traveling with her friend, truck driver Danny McNeal. An Exmore, Va. police body camera video shared with WBOC by the Taylor family features a woman's voice, and the family believes it was Alyssa.
1696639614394.jpeg
Taylor told her family she was traveling with her friend, truck driver Danny McNeal.

He died in a fiery crash on I-85 in North Carolina on September 14th of last year. McNeal's body was recovered from the truck's wreckage. Some of Taylor's belongings were found at the wreck site, but her body was never recovered.

An Exmore, Va. police body camera video shared with WBOC by the Taylor family features a woman's voice, and the family believes it was Alyssa.

"You're riding in the truck with him and you barely know him? That doesn't sound like a good idea," an officer is heard asking a woman inside of a truck.

He almost certainly hadn't started drinking when she got in the sleeper, and he also made sure to hide it from her once he did start, wherever and whenever that was. Easy to do, she was probably asleep in the bunk.

I doubt it, she would've contacted family by now.

All MOO
I guess what I was thinking (and not saying) is maybe she ran into trouble at that truck stop and that's why she never contacted family. Either way... it's awful and I can't imagine the pain the family has. Such a beautiful girl.

1709117911221.jpeg
Family members and a friend search a drainage area on the side of Interstate 85, near exit 229, in North Carolina for traces of Alyssa Taylor, a missing woman from Virginia. A medium told the family she may have jumped from a tractor-trailer truck here and died

Alyssa’s family suspects emergency crews missed the remains of the 25-year-old mother of two under the frozen chickens that spilled onto the highway. Others have suggested she was murdered or taken by human traffickers, or that she just left with plans to never come back.

The family has met with local, state and federal law enforcement officials, and shopped the case to TV stations, newspapers and true crime podcasters. They created a Facebook group to share information, and suffered online attacks from strangers, fake social media pages, and pressure from McNeal’s family and friends to stop.

“I find myself sometimes going down a road, and it hits me, you know, and I don’t get upset and cry, but it’s just like this gnawing feeling that you just know that you’re missing something,” she said. “I just I feel like I let her down and I let Krista down.”

He died in a fiery crash on I-85 in North Carolina on September 14th of last year. McNeal's body was recovered from the truck's wreckage. Some of Taylor's belongings were found at the wreck site, but her body was never recovered.
I take exception to descriptions such as this as they mislead people into thinking that since his "body" was recovered, why wasn't her body also found? His body wasn't found, the cab area was destroyed by an unbelievably intense fire.

Enough of his charred remains (and a dog) were found to show he died in his truck. The sleeper area was blown to bits by multiple explosions. The sleeper compartment was also "not found", why on earth would her body be found?
The description of the drivers' actions makes me wonder if this was not a suicide, speeding and recklessly driving on the shoulder aiming for the abutment, while driving drunk, for an experienced truck driver, who would drive slow and precautious if under the influence. MOO
Edit to add, sleeper compartment was incinerated and blown to bits.

Last edited:
"You're riding in the truck with him and you barely know him? That doesn't sound like a good idea," an officer is heard asking a woman inside of a truck.

Hearing this, one understands more why her family, aside from always wanting hope, would continue to wonder if she could be "out there" trafficked or something.

The heat at the crash site does make it seem the most likely that her remains were incinerated, however I can see why they might expect some bone fragments, etc as a flip flop most likely hers was recovered.

Such a sad story and one I have not forgotten.

There is a part of me that believes she was in the truck when it crashed and emergency personnel did not locate her body amidst the ashes. I doubt they looked very hard to locate her if they even knew at the time she was with the truck driver

Alyssa Taylor

The Accomack County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division is still actively investigating this case. Recently the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office received reports of an Instagram page messaging family members of Taylor and McNeals families claiming to be Taylor, alleging that Taylor was in the state of Montana. With the assistance of a Montana law enforcement agency, a residence was searched and found the claims to be false. Without evidence (biological, physical, or individual witness statements) the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office cannot conclude that Taylor perished on September 14, 2022, in the accident on I-85.

So it has been a year and a half since the accident and the family of Alyssa Taylor of Oak Hall is still seeking some kind of closure from her mysterious disappearance.

Alyssa Taylor

The Accomack County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division is still actively investigating this case. Recently the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office received reports of an Instagram page messaging family members of Taylor and McNeals families claiming to be Taylor, alleging that Taylor was in the state of Montana. With the assistance of a Montana law enforcement agency, a residence was searched and found the claims to be false. Without evidence (biological, physical, or individual witness statements) the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office cannot conclude that Taylor perished on September 14, 2022, in the accident on I-85.

So it has been a year and a half since the accident and the family of Alyssa Taylor of Oak Hall is still seeking some kind of closure from her mysterious disappearance.
I wonder who he was talking to when he referred to her as "that girl"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back