Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams & Liberty (Libby) German - The Delphi Murders - #150 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just responding to all those who have said "why didn't anyone in the community recognize him?" which I know has already been covered ad nauseum but nonetheless I want to add my two cents.

I did a thought experiment.

I work with a great guy. Family man, has done me more kindnesses than I can count. 100% supportive coworker.

I really think that if I saw a grainy video of someone who looked kinda sorta like him as a suspect in a heinous crime--even if it were actually him--I would just dismiss it because of course I know him, and I KNOW he's not capable of anything like that.
yeah true Izzy

IMO the video has weirdly hindered the investigation because in all honesty the appearance could have applied to every middle aged, slightly tubby caucasian male out there.
Even then its only his mannerisms that make him seem older.
The only people it excluded was all women, A/A males etc.

BG kinda resembles everyone in that field yet resembles nobody :-/

Just responding to all those who have said "why didn't anyone in the community recognize him?" which I know has already been covered ad nauseum but nonetheless I want to add my two cents.

I did a thought experiment.

I work with a great guy. Family man, has done me more kindnesses than I can count. 100% supportive coworker.

I really think that if I saw a grainy video of someone who looked kinda sorta like him as a suspect in a heinous crime--even if it were actually him--I would just dismiss it because of course I know him, and I KNOW he's not capable of anything like that.
That's the kind of thing that happened with the friendly, charming Ted Bundy. They had descriptions of him, his Volkswagen and knew his name was Ted. And still friends and coworkers joked around about it with him, laughing that he 'might' be the serial killer. He was so smart and polite that no one imagined it could be him.

I'm shocked that an arrest was made.
I'm shocked that it wasn't one of the people on the long list of potential suspects.
I'm very interested in any links to the murders, to other players, etc.
I have a lot of doubt that we'll hear anything substantial on Monday. Kind of hoping some stuff leaks before then.

That's the kind of thing that happened with the friendly, charming Ted Bundy. They had descriptions of him, his Volkswagen and knew his name was Ted. And still friends and coworkers joked around about it with him, laughing that he 'might' be the serial killer. He was so smart and polite that no one imagined it could be him.
Totally thought of him as well with this scenario!!

It was so confusing too, with two different sketches of this guy. We've had multiple potential suspects who have been dead ringers for BG, to include one photo that was widely shared today, that wound up not being Richard Allen.

It's a very subjective thing.
It’s still wild to me that Daniel Nations looks SO MUCH like the first sketch…crazy

Totally thought of him as well with this scenario!!
With all of these guys though, it's about context.

People at work would see him one way, his family would see him another, his neighbors would have a different impression.

All of these killers though, every single one, has red flags. It's just a matter of seeing them.

We know almost nothing right now, except that he worked at CVS, has a family, and doesn't appear to have a criminal record (or anything serious if he does).

But we're going to be hearing some things, I'm positive of that.

Authorities have never confirmed or denied that either (or both) girls were SA’d, correct?
Correct, we just don't know. We do know an item of clothing was missing from one of the girls, but we don't know that that item was.

Personally, I'd be shocked if this wasn't sexually motivated, but that doesn't necessarily involve a sex act.

snipped...

WRTV reported that the man had already appeared in court on Friday.

So to keep my notes straight - I shall post this now even though it happened yesterday. And I can shorten this up a bit.

Friday, October 28th:
*First Appearance Hearing (@ am ET) IN – Abigail Joyce Williams (13) & Liberty Rose Lynn German (14) (Missing Feb. 13, 2017, found killed Feb. 14, 2017, after walking on a local hiking trail & were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the Monon High Bridge Trail, Delphi). – *Richard “Ricky”/”Rick” Matthew Allen (50) arrested & booked (10/27/22) into the Carroll County Jail on suspicion of murder.
4/19/21: Investigators who for years have been working to solve the killings of two girls in Delphi, Indiana, are looking into a kidnapping suspect in nearby Lafayette, Indiana, to see if there "might" be a connection, the sheriff said. There are "several factors" leading police working the 2017 Delphi killings to look into this month's alleged kidnapping of a 10-year-old girl, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told ABC News on Wednesday. In Lafayette -- about 20 miles away from Delphi -- a 10-year-old girl was reported missing on April 19, 2021, according to the probable cause affidavit filed on Tuesday. Officers were searching the neighborhood & spoke with James Brian Chadwell II, who allegedly said the girl had been at his home earlier, but had since left, according to the probable cause affidavit. Police asked Chadwell, 42, for his permission to check his home & Chadwell allowed the officers inside, the document said. In his basement -- which was secured with a chain lock -- officers found the missing girl, who was "visibly distraught & crying, with her clothing on the floor beside her," the document said. The girl "said Chadwell tried to kill her," according to the affidavit. Chadwell faces charges including attempted murder, child molestation, kidnapping & strangulation, according to records. A not guilty plea was entered on Chadwell's behalf. His next hearing is set for June 10. His public defender did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.
12/6/21 Update: Authorities say they have uncovered a social media profile named “Anthony shots” that is allegedly connected to the murders. The profile, in use from 2016 to 2017 on social media applications including Snapchat & Instagram, used fictitious images of a male model & portrayed the user as a wealthy individual who owned numerous cars, according to police. The creator of the profile used the information while connecting with young girls to solicit nude images, their addresses & attempt to meet the underage girls. Police say that the man pictured in the images is not a person of interest in the investigation, but detectives are seeking information about the person who created the fake profile.
5/17/22 Update: Search warrants obtained by a podcast & a local television station are shedding new light on an investigation into the murders of two teenage girls in Indiana. The warrants detail law enforcement dealings with a man upon whose property the girls’ bodies were discovered — a man who died earlier this year after being under the eye of law enforcement. Reports based off the warrants say the girls’ bodies turned up on property owned by Ron Logan. Logan’s house was reportedly about 1,400 feet away from where the bodies were found the day after the girls vanished. The teens reportedly lost a considerable amount of blood when they died. According to the warrants, the authorities apparently theorized that whoever killed the girls likely ended up with blood on their clothes & hands. “The murderer likely took a souvenir from the crime scene,” WXIN said, again citing the document; however, key portions of the police paperwork were redacted. The publicly available version of the warrant didn’t say what may have been missing from the crime scene, but the warrant did reportedly say the “rest of [the girls’] clothing was recovered.” The warrant also reportedly indicated that it “appeared the girls’ bodies were moved & staged.” It also is said to have asserted that the police found no evidence of a “struggle or fight.” Elsewhere, the warrant reportedly said that the killer may have either taken an item or photographs to “memorialize the crime scene.” Perhaps even more critical to the case was the supposed discovery of hairs & fibers — both of which are reportedly unidentified. Police documents have also revealed that an online account listed under the fictitious name “Anthony_shots” communicated with Libby the day she died, according to a recent FOX News report. The account contained the photograph of a male model, but the documents reportedly say the account belonged to Keegan Anthony Kline, 27, of Peru, Ind. Kline is charged separately with several child *advertiser censored* offenses. Kline has not been charged in connection with the girl’s deaths. The documents cited by FOX reportedly say that Kline admitted speaking with Libby but otherwise denied any knowledge of her death.
10/28/22 Update: Indiana State Police plan a Monday morning news conference to update the investigation of the Delphi murders & who might have killed Libby German & Abby Williams on Feb. 13, 2017. A news release published about 12:35pm Friday did not indicate what the update might be. The news conference is scheduled for 10am Monday, 10/31/22 at the Delphi United Methodist Church. The Journal & Courier will cover the news conference * publish the information shortly after the meeting. Fox 59 in Indianapolis is reporting that a man named Richard Allen, 50, was arrested & booked into the Carroll County Jail on suspicion of murder in connection to the girls' killings. Fox 59 reported that the man was moved to a state facility for his safety. Recently, Indiana state troopers searched the Wabash River in Peru, Indiana, about 40 minutes east-northeast of Delphi, in connection with the case. First appearance hearing on Friday, 10/28/22.

It's interesting that LE said often that there was no risk to the public, and the family reflected that, showing no fear at all of this person. And now it seems that they could have encountered him time and again in the community. I know I'll think twice next time when I'm told there's no further threat to the community. Think I'll sleep with the lights on tonight.

It's interesting that LE said often that there was no risk to the public, and the family reflected that, showing no fear at all of this person. And now it seems that they could have encountered him time and again in the community. I know I'll think twice next time when I'm told there's no further threat to the community. Think I'll sleep with the lights on tonight.

The family knew this guy was out there though, and law enforcement has been consistent in saying that they thought he was from the community, and was likely still living in that community.

They themselves were almost certainly not at risk, as that's just not how sexually motivated child killers operate (assuming that's true).

The risk however, would apply to females, probably around the age of the girls. Fortunately, it doesn't appear this guy ever struck again.

The family knew this guy was out there though, and law enforcement has been consistent in saying that they thought he was from the community, and was likely still living in that community.

They themselves were almost certainly not at risk, as that's just not how sexually motivated child killers operate (assuming that's true).

The risk however, would apply to females, probably around the age of the girls. Fortunately, it doesn't appear this guy ever struck again.
I do hear what you're saying. However, it's not a guarantee that we have all of his crimes before LE yet or that his preferences include only females around 14. I hope you are correct that he hasn't offended again.

It must have been mentally exhausting for BG to know they had him on tape. I can see the exhaustion and guilt in his eyes (RA). It must have been tormenting knowing they had Kegan and Kegan could speak anytime .

I don’t how the mind of someone who is capable of allegedly committing an evil crime like murdering two teenage girls works. It would be interesting to know if he changed at all after the murders. There is a photo of him smiling beside a woman and the young sketch is on the wall behind him appealing for tips. He must have been surrounded by posters appealing for information around Delphi for over five years, possibly in the pharmacy he allegedly worked in, the bars he drank at socially and the stores he bought groceries in. Maybe he smugly believed he would never be arrested and never thought people would think it was him in video Libby took or think he looked like either sketch. If he did foolishly believe that he had gotten away with what he has allegedly done I am glad he has been proven wrong.

Well it took 6 1/2 hours of reading to catch up with the thread. (Some say slow reader, I say desire to absorb each word and thought.) I can see why he was overlooked for so long...he didn't raise any flags or check any boxes.
1) I remember ISP Carter mentioned "he" would be very interested in the case. Hmmm, every parent of a teenager in that town was closely following the case and on its face would not raise any red flags.
2) His height...5'4"... 2 inches taller than Mickey Rooney and 5 inches shorter than the average American male.
Average height for men in the United States?
That's about 5 feet 9 inches tall.
3) And age 18-40? This guy was on the highest end of the age range, being age 45.
4) "Staging of a crime scene" is almost always done by an older white male...especially if the victim is female. (A good link to an interesting & short article)
Nite...zzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member