Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. What LE was saying is that RL told his cousin, to tell LE, that he had someone pick him up between 2-2:30. That someone has a ~4 character long name (if you count the characters above the blank space) which could be "Rick" (4 characters). Red circle is cousin, blue circles are the person he told his cousin to say picked him up between 2-2:30.

View attachment 382182

Source: https://interactive.wthr.com/pdfs/logan-warrrant.pdf
I thought that in the first redacted copy of the RL doc they forgot to redact one instance of that name and that it was Adam? I’m sorry I have no link for that. I tried to look for it but couldn’t find. Anyone else remember this?

Edited to add that it could be a different redacted doc this happened with, maybe a KAK interview doc

Last edited:
I thought that in the first redacted copy of the RL doc they forgot to redact one instance of that name and that it was Adam? I’m sorry I have no link for that. I tried to look for it but couldn’t find. Anyone else remember this?
It wasn't in the RL doc., it was in KAK's. The MS version, pg 68

Last edited:
IMO, I agree the girls were kidnapped prior to being murdered. So I can not understand why Allen hasn't been charged with kidnapping the girls...Makes no sense. Anyone have any ideas?

Allen has only been charged with "Felony Murder". The only thing I can gather is that Allen is NOT Bridge Guy, but was involved in some other way with the events which led to Libby and Abby's deaths.

I don't know how accurate this is, but the penalty for the specific statute he's charged with is the most severe penalty possible, so maybe that's why he's charged the way he is?

Indiana law allows the death penalty. A capital murder case is bifurcated, or in two parts. First, guilt or innocence is decided. Then a second phase of the trial on sentencing begins. At the sentencing hearing, the judge or jury would hear evidence on both aggravating and mitigating factors involved in the crime and issue a penalty, including death, based on those factors. To be sentenced to death, the prosecutor has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that at least one of the following aggravating circumstances exist and that the mitigating circumstances don't outweigh these factors: The Defendant: Killed the victim while committing or attempting: arson, burglary, child molesting, kidnapping, rape, robbery, carjacking, or criminal gang activity Indiana Murder Laws - FindLaw

Aggravating circumstances increase the severity of the crime so it makes sense it qualifies for the most severe penalty.

jmo

Edited to add that it could be a different redacted doc this happened with, maybe a KAK interview doc
Now THAT is good to know! I had not heard that. And Adam is also a 4 letter name. lol Back to being serious... if that's the case, why did RL feel the need for an alibi between 2-2:30 which was when things went down? If it was Adam RL asked his cousin to tell LE had picked him up... it would have been making an alibi for just himself, and not potentially trying to make one for RMA.

Good info! Glad you replied. :)

It wasn't in the RL doc., it was in KAK's. The MS version, pg 68

Appears it was KAK's and not RL's doc that I was talking about. Thanks, @FrostedGlass for clearing that up.

The 4 letter name I've been referring to in multiple posts is from RL's doc, not KAK's.

Nope. What LE was saying is that RL told his cousin, to tell LE, that he had someone pick him up between 2-2:30. That someone has a ~4 character long name (if you count the characters above the blank space) which could be "Rick" (4 characters). Red circle is cousin, blue circles are the person he told his cousin to say picked him up between 2-2:30.

View attachment 382182

Source: https://interactive.wthr.com/pdfs/logan-warrrant.pdf

Ah, I see. I assumed the cousin was his alibi and his/her name was shortened and the first/last name was only used once. Anyhow, the specified time is fishy since it is the time the murders occurred. JMO

Ah, I see. I assumed the cousin was his alibi and his/her name was shortened and the first/last name was only used once. Anyhow, the specified time is fishy since it is the time the murders occurred. JMO
Yes, that's exactly my interpretation of that. It does get a little confusing though, doesn't it? lol Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to stand in front of a presentation on a large screen with a pointer as I try to explain some of my points. lol

Richard Allen defense attorneys on what happened inside Carroll County Courthouse

I might just be a snot but what does RA's wife being "a wonderful person" and "they've been married thirty years..." have to do with anything that this case is about? He has been arrested for two counts of murder, right? I know I should probably read more, yada yada, but how pertinent is all this stuff about his marriage, etc.? ETA, where is there proof that anyone thinks there IS an accomplice? I've only seen that someone considers this a possibility. It's possible that a purple people eater was involved too, yes?

Last edited:
I apologize if this has been shared here already.

I am behind as usual...

Fox59 News

This was an interesting take from a former FBI Special Agent In Charge, Paul Keenan who oversaw the FBI's role in this case for almost 2 yrs.

The 1st 2 1/2 mins is the most interesting. I am very pleased to have listened to this interview!

Highlights right from Keenan for those who don't want to watch:

-they were open to one person or multiple people being involved

-he believes the PCA should remain sealed

-if they unseal it, the suspect can read it and destroy evidence, leave the state and disappear

-
one reason why there hasn't been a second arrest could be that a second person could already be a fugitive and they are already looking for this person, don't want to release the person's name because they have a good lead but they are trying to find him or her

- Not all the evidence in the case is put into the probable cause affidavit, only enough to get the judge to sign off on it

- He doesn't believe that the state police would have brought the case without solid evidence and The judge would not have signed off on the probable cause affidavit without solid evidence

JMO

I might just be a snot but what does RA's wife being "a wonderful person" and "they've been married thirty years..." have to do with anything that this case is about? He has been arrested for two counts of murder, right? I know I should probably read more, yada yada, but how pertinent is all this stuff about his marriage, etc.? ETA, where is there proof that anyone thinks there IS an accomplice? I've only seen that someone considers this a possibility. It's possible that a purple people eater was involved too, yes?
It's a well known fact that purple people eaters do not exist. They went extinct ~100,000 years ago after they ate the last purple person. I mean, when was the last time YOU saw a purple person, or a purple people eater for that matter? I rest my case.

ETA my source (can't forget a source or it's all opinion!) - Know your purple people eaters
monsters-4.GIF
Diet:*advertiser censored* sapiens purpureus volans unicornatus.
Extinct due to non-existence of prey species.
Other salient characteristics:
has one eye.

</end silliness> :p

Last edited:

I am behind as usual...

Fox59 News

This was an interesting take from a former FBI Special Agent In Charge, Paul Keenan who oversaw the FBI's role in this case for almost 2 yrs.

The 1st 2 1/2 mins is the most interesting. I am very pleased to have listened to this interview!

-if they unseal it, the suspect can read it and destroy evidence, leave the state and disappear

-
one reason why there hasn't been a second arrest could be that a second person could already be a fugitive and they are already looking for this person, don't want to release the person's name because they have a good lead but they are trying to find him or her

- Not all the evidence in the case is put into the probable cause affidavit, only enough to get the judge to sign off on it

- He doesn't believe that the state police would have brought the case without solid evidence and The judge would not have signed off on the probable cause affidavit without solid evidence

JMO
Again, they were open to one or more people being involved. I'm paraphrasing because I don't know how to do anything else. Being open to it doesn't mean that they think it is the case.

I am behind as usual...

Fox59 News

-

JMO
THanks for sharing this!

My take on all this is it is just a legal dance. The prosecution is going to say they have good cause for the arrest, the defense is going to say they have flimsy cause and defendant should be out on reasonable bail, the defendant is going to look at his attorney and say I’m innocent, the wife and family are going to show support because they have not seen the evidence and I’m sure RMA has not confessed to them. The defense lawyer is going to do what ever is in his power to have the family showing support. None of this is a surprise to me. As far as the defense saying that prosecutors are alluding to another actor involved I don’t think we know exactly what what was said but I’m sure the defense would love this information so they can point fingers in another direction. On that note however I can not get out of my mine that RA, JBC and the Klines have a connection to another town,Peru. I think the redacted affidavit will be released Monday or Tuesday of next week. jMHO

I think they're leaning in on the innocent until proven guilty angle. So basically, sympathy. The lawyer was answering a question about how this has impacted RA's family, so then he goes on to speak about his wife, high school sweethearts, blah blah.

It's all part of the defense's attempt to put their narrative out there about him, before the PCA and facts at the trial come out.

I think they're leaning in on the innocent until proven guilty angle. So basically, sympathy. The lawyer was answering a question about how this has impacted RA's family, so then he goes on to speak about his wife, high school sweethearts, blah blah.

It's all part of the defense's attempt to put their narrative out there about him, before the PCA and facts at the trial come out.
That makes sense. It is just that the interview of RA's atty was so well attended by the media and this raised my hackles. moo

I never had RL on my list of poi (if I remember well ;)), but RL is THE ONLY PERSON, who could have walked around his "backyard" the whole night between Febr 13th and Febr 14th without fear to be seen by a searcher. He merely needed to be able, getting "very astonished!!" about two dead girls there on his ground, nothing more, if he suddenly had met some other person. He was the only one on the property, who didn't have to flee. He would have made a good accomplice, perhaps. Why he should have done that, I can't imagine.
IF the property owner RL and RA had indeed a connection, then I believe, they were known to one another through their "hobby" drinking at a pub. Whoever likes to do it, always knows a lot of men, who also like to do it (drinking). MOO

To be honest, LE probably knew who RL's evening call was to. If RL called RA that evening, RA would be in ISP's periscope much sooner.

I can imagine him calling his young friend GK, for example, or equally upstanding citizen of Delphi and asking, "was it your doing?" But given that RL's life, activities, calls, all was tracked afterwards, I am positive that any connection with RA would have led to RA much sooner.

In my opinion, what I got from that comment was that a man married to his high school sweetheart for 30+ years is indicative of stability and decent character--not expected of a murderer of two children. I am beginning to feel the possibility that Allen is being railroaded. His bail hearing is set for February--nearly 3 months from now! If he is guilty, why all the secrecy and why the desire to hold him in prison for 3 months before having a bail hearing? What happened to having the right to a speedy trial? It seems as time goes on, the government more and more does what it wants, no matter what the rules are, no matter what the law and the constitution says. My opinion only.

I want justice for the girls, and hope LE arrested the right guy, but as you can see, I have my doubts. I hope the court will unseal the documents so we can better form an opinion. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419