ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said before they thought the girls heard something Or were calling boyfriend about the Dog Why were both calling?
The mother said in an interview that K had called J while she was at home. That was either a week ago or some previous time. Not that night.

No link but it must be somewhere in the media thread . Interview with K’s family

That may depend on the hours someone is working. I talk to one of my adult children at unusual hours because of his work schedule.

If there was something that concerned her, I would think a parent would suggest calling LE but I would suspect that the parents of all the victims have been interviewed and directly questioned about any conflicts or concerns they may have expressed.

Good point about the work hours! I was thinking if something more personal, social, or emotional happened to her and E or just her. Not necessarily a criminal episode.

I think it's really interesting that of the criminal profilers interviewed on Inside Edition, the 2 males seemed to both think the perpetrator knew them and that this is more of a personal/revenge crime and the 2 females seemed to both think there's more likelihood that it's someone unknown to the victims who has practiced/done this type of killing before.

I just think it's interesting how their theories broke down by gender.

Personally, I think with the amount of time that's passed, it's less likely the perp was connected to the victims socially. I feel like LE would have some kind of strong leads on person(s) of interest or actual suspect(s) by now.

I also find that interesting as well, but both statements are not mutually exclusive.

Two males think perp knew the victims, personal/ revenge from perp point of view
Two females think perp is not personally known by victims, from victims point of view

A creep could know of a victim, and have kept records of slights real or imagined all the while the victim has no knowledge of the perp existing or on their radar at all.
All woman have been in the situation where you realize a guy is getting the wrong idea.
You are being kind and polite, you work as a waitress or with general public and see 100’s of people and they individually do not ring any bells for familiarity to you At all.
Only then when they step over that line and into the creep file do they become familiar as they make your creep detector go off and you realize they think you have a thing for them.
JMO

I am curious too about a midnight call with dad. Who called who? Was there something in particular discussed?

I get kids being close with a parent and talking daily (I do that) but isn't that done at more conservative hours? I wonder if something happened that shook X up in that missing time gap? JMO, MOO

My son and I often talk late at night. We're both nightowls, so sometimes one of us calls the other after the earlybirds have gone to bed.

There was a serial killer, the night stalker I believe who went in windows and killed randomly. They asked him why he chose certain houses. He said if the window was unlocked then he assumed the victim was more or less asking for it. Anyway, The two roommates who survived my simply have been the only ones with the doors locked. Or….far fetched but what if the surviving roommates had a stalker who did them a”favor” by eliminating the upstairs annoying party animals.

There was a serial killer, the night stalker I believe who went in windows and killed randomly. They asked him why he chose certain houses. He said if the window was unlocked then he assumed the victim was more or less asking for it. Anyway, The two roommates who survived my simply have been the only ones with the doors locked. Or….far fetched but what if the surviving roommates had a stalker who did them a”favor” by eliminating the upstairs annoying party animals.
wondering if blood was found on the exterior doors of the surviving roommates.

1669411054683.png

Not really important but bugging me.Was it stated where the group photo was taken? I thought the girls house but I must've missed where it was taken.

Which leads me to believe, that the doors were locked. I believe they called for health check since they did not get response from knocking. Also, why I think perp cleaned up blood evidence outside bedrooms.

General question, do serial killers clean up crime scenes? I think some might stage...but cleanup??
I agree about the doors being locked - but I question whether the killer needed to do much if any clesn up.

If the victims were in bed when killed, the beds would contain most of the blood. So if the killer used a little care where he stepped, no bloody footprints. Most of the blood would probably be on the knife or the perp's arm. If they wiped the knife on (for example) the sheets, then you're less likely to have it running down and dripping. There might be very little blood in the common areas - and the surviving roommates might not have noticed a few random smears or drops if they were thinking passed out drunk rather than mass murder.

Which leads me to believe, that the doors were locked. I believe they called for health check since they did not get response from knocking. Also, why I think perp cleaned up blood evidence outside bedrooms.

General question, do serial killers clean up crime scenes? I think some might stage...but cleanup??

I've heard of a couple instances where a killer (not serial killer though) tried mopping up blood and the usual wiping down prints on things. I think serial killers might take more care at times and some may be meticulous about cleaning up after.

Interesting interview with Travis Juetten's mother:

In the articles about the Travis Juetten case, it said that the assailant was wearing a mask. No description of the mask given, but apparently investigators are stymied about that case even though one of the intended victims survived. In that case, there was a dog present that was not injured.

My head has been all over the place as far as theories go. But a few things that I've noticed that make me wonder.
-all of the victims Instagram have remained public. Except for Ethan.
-the 2 surviving roommates (understandably) switched their Instagram to private or deactivated their account. Ethan's surviving triplets also switched to private. So did the frat. Neither of the sororities all roommates belonged to did this.)
-Surving roommates and ethan's siblings were all on scene (roommates confirmed/siblings possibly per parents interview saying they "were there" depending on how you interpret) when police arrived.
-we've received little to no information on Ethan/Xana at or after the frat party.
-witnesses have come forward that saw Maddie & Kaylee and given interviews. We've seen them on camera, know who brought them home and when, etc).
-no one that saw Ethan or Xana that night have spoken publicly. The police have released 0 details on their night.

All of the above has me thinking E and/or X were the target. Something happened at that party involving E or X. Someone came to the house and confronted them while M & K we're still awake. Person got kicked out and yelled at/insulted by all 4 of them. Person left feeling slighted, possibly embarrassed/rejected because the girls piled on him, all on E's side. Went and got a weapon, came back when everyone was asleep to make them all pay.
- media and everyone else is focused on K & M. Police are feeding into that theory to keep the media/social media out of their investigation.
- fraternity holds the key, and Ethan's siblings and maybe even the 2 surviving roommates know there was an altercation. They are all MIA because they know the police are doing their thing. Frat is locked down on social, and their members, because when this comes out, the publicity for the frat will be a nightmare on a national level and they are getting their ducks in a row to combat the hellstorm of negative press that will be coming there way. What's worst for a fraternity than a hazing death? Admitting a sociopath that goes on to murder 4 Greek students. And maybe there were warning signs the frat ignored.

All just IMO and wild speculation. I just feel a little like we're being told to look left so we don't see what's happening to the right. JMO. I need to take a break from thinking about this tragedy. Hoping the families get answers soon.

<snipped>

Thank you for this information. To me, it indicates that there was a
"violation pertaining to [the] dog" because the two surviving roommates knew who owned the dog and surely could have made arrangements for the dog to go directly to the owner..... unless the dog needed to "be processed" ... I never would've imagined what seems so obvious to some...

To clarify...I don't believe the dog will "have an impact" on the case. I'm only trying to make sense of what would cause two, or one, adult to miss the "sloppy" crime scene they had awoken to, and instead interpret it as an unresponsive person.

I've seen theories that the killer locked the doors on the way out. Now, if someone were calling and asking one of the roommates to go check on one of the others, but the door was locked and the one inside the residence was reluctant to pick the lock, I can understand telling the other concerned party they could come break in if they were that worried...

My mind needs the 911 call to make sense...a missing dog kinda helps me there. And offering my theory up here... and getting it promptly smacked down...helps me know why I'm not a detective.

I appreciate all the smart people here, and the responses from everyone!

RBBM -- To me it's kind of hard to say without seeing actual pictures of the scene. Hypothetically speaking, lets say they were stabbed in the chest/torso and then covered up on the beds with blankets, it might not appear as a bloody scene to the 911 caller. Who's to say that there wasn't dark colored bedding on the beds which would somewhat obfuscate the presence of blood? JMO

My son and I often talk late at night. We're both nightowls, so sometimes one of us calls the other after the earlybirds have gone to bed.
Same. I've spent the last year living with my parents and discovered that I am not the only night owl in the family. We are almost always all awake in the middle of the night in various parts of the house, a phone call, or long texting conversations are not remotely unheard of. My brothers are the same way.

<snipped>

Thank you for this information. To me, it indicates that there was a
"violation pertaining to [the] dog" because the two surviving roommates knew who owned the dog and surely could have made arrangements for the dog to go directly to the owner..... unless the dog needed to "be processed" ... I never would've imagined what seems so obvious to some...

To clarify...I don't believe the dog will "have an impact" on the case. I'm only trying to make sense of what would cause two, or one, adult to miss the "sloppy" crime scene they had awoken to, and instead interpret it as an unresponsive person.

I've seen theories that the killer locked the doors on the way out. Now, if someone were calling and asking one of the roommates to go check on one of the others, but the door was locked and the one inside the residence was reluctant to pick the lock, I can understand telling the other concerned party they could come break in if they were that worried...

My mind needs the 911 call to make sense...a missing dog kinda helps me there. And offering my theory up here... and getting it promptly smacked down...helps me know why I'm not a detective.

I appreciate all the smart people here, and the responses from everyone!

You may be interested to see the Moscow Police Log, November 13. 2022
Moscow Humane Society is near 2000 White Street
Looks like the dog is inquired about sometime in the evening EDIT: 17:30 is 5:30PM having been dropped off at the Humane Society.
The log seems to show a communication between police and the humane society to find the dog for someone. It aligns with what PD has said- that the dog was with Animal Control.
What it doesn’t say is where the dog was found.

22-M09911 Suspicious Person/Circumstance

Last edited:
Without a doubt there are professors hooking up with students, as illegal as that is.
It is not illegal for professors to hook up with students. At my university they gave up on even having a policy against it sometime in the 90s. It's just too big of a can of worms to try to interfere in adults' lives.

“On Wednesday, investigators said they had collected 103 pieces of evidence, taken about 4,000 photographs, produced multiple three-dimensional scans of the crime scene and conducted more than 150 interviews.”

Do they use AI to process the 3D scans?

If the girls were being watched, makes you wonder if someone went into the house prior as well. Very creepy thought.

It seems the house was a revolving door for parties. Lots of people coming and going, perhaps even strangers to them who just showed up tagging along with acquaintances. Kind of like hiding in plain sight. It's possible the killer had been in the home before, imo, not as an intruder, but someone who entered as a party guest even if the girls didn't actually know them.

I Wish We knew If Any voicemails were left while calling the ex b.f I’m sure There Were! Also texts messages, I’m sure LE knows and will not release that info for obvious reasons, It seems like K cared a great deal for Her ex and Her parents raved about Him, Like And He just like The roommates who were spared Will Have To live with this for The rest of there lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419