Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #159

Status
Not open for further replies.
RA got to the trails at about 1:30, the girls got there at 1:49. He was seen on the bridge shortly before 1:49 when the girls weren't there. He kidnapped them at 2:13. He was seen walking away from the trails on the road (presumably to his car) at around 3:57. Derrik arrived at 3:14 (called her at 3:11).

Could be why it took him that long to get back to car. Derrick there 3:14 so RA is 40 plus minutes from leaving. He probably had to dodge ppl & vehicles to get back.

Jmo

Am I wrong or does Bridge Guy video distinctly *not* show his mouth moving when the words “down the hill” are uttered? If I’m not wrong ISP released the audio before the video.

Could the audio have been taken from when Libby’s phone was in her pocket, rather than when she was holding it and filming? And then bundled into the video package that was later released and that has become so notorious?

In which case nobody can say for sure that Bridge Guy said those words. IMO.
You're apparently mistaken unless I've missed something... there is no video of him saying anything.

It’s a convincing case as is. The theory that another guy who showed up dressed identically, carrying an obvious handgun, isn’t plausible IMO.
Once the words DTH are spoken it’s a felony that ended in murder.
Felony murder.
Don't forget the bullet they found tied to his gun that he claims no one but him uses.

Who other than myself thinks he's been practicing how to say DTH anyway but the way he normally says it, just in case he's asked to do that in court? :p Has something like that ever been asked of someone during their trial?

You're apparently mistaken unless I've missed something... there is no video of him saying anything.

That’s correct as far as I know. According to GH who matched up the bent tree and railroad ties, the image of the man was taken when he was 60 to 70 feet from Libby. This is the reason it’s so grainy when zoomed in. If there was a closeup video of him speaking I’m certain it would’ve be released, but reportedly this was the best there is.

DC stated the man on the bridge is the same person who spoke the words GDTH. How that’s known, they haven’t said but perhaps the cellphone was in her pocket with the video still turned on, running continuously. JMO

Last edited:
The killer had substantial blood and mud on himself, as a witness provided, how difficult would it have been to remove all traces from the vehicle? I looked at multiple pics of the 2016 Ford Focus interior and there are tons of little buttons, large seams on the seat upholstery and plastic nooks that surround the gearshift. It seems like there would have to be blood evidence inside the car. Would he have planned a change of clothes, gloves, plastic to cover the interior?

Whuhh ?? For years we’ve all been listening to the audio track of him speaking in the video Libby took of him with her phone lol

Quoting the PCA:
“Near the end of the video a male is seen and heard telling the girls, ‘Guys, Down the hill’”

Whuhh ?? For years we’ve all been listening to the audio track of him speaking in the video Libby took of him with her phone lol

Quoting the PCA:
“Near the end of the video a male is seen and heard telling the girls, ‘Guys, Down the hill’”

Probably could use a comma. He’s seen in the video, and heard but not at the same time, at least not in what’s been publicly released.

Who other than myself thinks he's been practicing how to say DTH anyway but the way he normally says it, just in case he's asked to do that in court? :p Has something like that ever been asked of someone during their trial?
I don't think he's been practicing that.
First, he would have to be testifying for that to happen. MOO highly unlikely his attorney would advise him to testify, if there even is going to be a trial, it's far too early to know or even guess.
If he did testify, that question would be asked on cross-examination and I don't think a judge would rule in the prosecution's favor when the defense objected to such a request. MOO RA certainly can't be compelled to say those words.

Probably could use a comma. He’s seen in the video, and heard but not at the same time, at least not in what’s been publicly released.
I think it could be likely he is seen talking to them, but perhaps his face is not. Just enough body shown to gather it is the same male who walks up behind them and then says that

I don’t believe it has been comfirmed either way anyway

That’s correct as far as I know. According to GH who matched up the bent tree and railroad ties, the image of the man was taken when he was 60 to 70 feet from Libby. This is the reason it’s so grainy when zoomed in. If there was a closeup video of him speaking I’m certain it would’ve be released, but reportedly this was the best there is.

DC stated the man on the bridge is the same person who spoke the words GDTH. How that’s known, they haven’t said but perhaps the cellphone was in her pocket with the video still turned on, running continuously. JMO

Ohh now I get it…. I was so confused i thought I was in the wrong thread lol

Yeah the video describes BG saying his line after he’s closed the distance between himself & the girls. I always figured the phone went into Libby’s pocket as he came close & the rest of the vid was audio only … but now the PCA seems to say otherwise. It says he’s seen & heard speaking, & also that the girls then start down the hill, which seems like they couldn’t know from audio alone IMO
MOO

Frankly the bullet does nothing for me. If it had been a fired round, I would totally buy in. Is there evidence that BG even had a gun?
Evidence other than one of the victims saying "gun" on the vid Libby made? And it doesn't need to be a fired round to match it to a specific gun if I'm understanding this technology:

Extractor Marks

Another action mark, usually found in a striated form, are those created by the extractor of most auto-loading or repeating firearms. The extractor is a small part sometimes resembling a hook that is used to remove a cartridge or cartridge case from the chamber of a firearm. The image below shows the extractor of a 9mm GLOCK pistol hooked into the extractor groove of a cartridge. As the slide of the pistol moves to the rear, the extractor pulls the cartridge case along with it until it is ejected from the pistol.

A_CCID2.jpg

The extractor may or may not leave an identifiable mark on the cartridge case. This is true if the cartridge is fired or simply hand chambered and extracted without firing. Extractor marks may look like those seen in the comparison image below.

1401.JPG

Granted, it does say may or may not. I believe LE has that information.

I think it’s perfectly likely he closed the distance with Abby obscuring most of the frame, and then perhaps just an arm or close up is shown. Not enough to screenshot for the public and get any help from

I was thinking the same.
I'm not sure about Indiana but many state's COs/Game Wardens are part of the state police and/or require the same LE training.
Thank you for this! A light bulb just went off in my head (finally). I had guessed that a conservation officer was someone who conserved data. I was confused when people said really little training, etc.
ETA: I guess that would more appropriately be "preserved" :rolleyes:

So they wouldn’t have been involved in the investigation. Just gathered statements from people? I’m not sure how that all worked. When was he questioned? And how did they choose who would question whom?

Another thing that is confusing- when there’s a crime of this magnitude, aren’t people questioned more than once?
JMO.

The MurderSheet podcast and MSM reported that RA approached a state conservation officer (CO) to volunteer information that he had been on Monon High Bridge during the timeframe of the murders but had not seen the girls. This is the 2017 RA narrative report that was reportedly misfiled due to a clerical error.

My hypothesis is that RA volunteered this information late on Feb. 13, 2017.

Supporting considerations are:
—The girls were missing then and their bodies had not been found. The investigation was a Missing Persons investigation, not a Homicide Investigation.
—The state CO would have been part of the search party organized for the girls. The state CO likely took any number of reports from people who had been in the area with a focus on any sightings of girls that could have been Abby and Libby.
—RA did not realize when he volunteered this info that Libby had recorded audio and video.
—RA was hyper aware that he had been seen and was providing himself with a helpful cover story for being in the area.
—Since RA did not know about the audio/video, he thought that the focus would be on the area the girls’ bodies were found — so he thought putting himself on the Bridge actually distanced him from the crime scene. OOPS
—In the PC Affadavit, the state CO writes that potential follow-up re the 2017 RA narrative would be to ID the three juveniles that RA reported seeing. That makes sense only if the investigation was still a Missing Person investigation (really a search party) when the report was taken, since the goal would be to determine whether two of the girls could have been Abby & Libby.
—Once the investigation became a Homicide Investigation, the state CO was no longer involved (outside of purview).
—Sounds like the state CO filed the report properly and the clerical error occurred in transitioning that report for inclusion in the Homicide Investigation “case file” (aka database).
—LE would have laser-focused on RA … if they had seen the 2017 RA Narrative. Once the 2017 RA Narrative was “re-discovered,” it seems LE moved with deliberate speed to interview RA and his spouse, serve a search warrant on his house and vehicle (and no doubt other assets), and arrest him.

This was the missing puzzle piece connecting RA to BG.

That doesn’t mean there isn’t more to the puzzle.

Would be interested in your thoughts.

JMO.

Here is a pic of a 9mm p226 (one of mine) with extractor engaging a dummy round just for reference. IMO the quality of the match cannot be known by us; just the conclusion a match was determined by the examiner which supports the PCA. The defense would likely make attacks on the process and the conclusion.

Attachments

• 2964F01F-0BC3-468D-81DE-5F04C7A72B77.jpeg
    2964F01F-0BC3-468D-81DE-5F04C7A72B77.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics